Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soundless Mountain II (Silent Hill 2 NES Demake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundless Mountain II (Silent Hill 2 NES Demake)

So, over on the TIGforum, user "SuperFlat" has demade Silent Hill 2 for there demake competition. It's pretty impressive, and I'd urge you all to give it a download. It's not the entire game, but he's mentioned that if people like it, he may finish it someday.

Here's a link to the download: Soundless Mountain II

Shame "Jake" walks slow as shit but still looks pretty neat! Just gonna need a looooot of patience to actually get anywhere.

Comment

Played it a bit further, seems the amount of fog is whats making it slow, would appreciate an option to change the amount of fog, or any options at all actually. Save system needs work too, if you save in slot one then go to Continue, it just starts a new game. Fighting needs work, having to get into position, take out your weapon then bash the monster is a bit of a pain in the ass, especially since they'll have attacked you by then, knocking you back and putting away the weapon you had out. Plus no idea how to attack enemies on the ground. And if you back into them they turn invisible (or the first monster did for me anyway). Just lots of problems that could be fixed with a little time and work, but really it's a pretty neat idea.

Comment

Seems promising, I'll give it a try

Comment

Looks awesome, haven't played it, will when I get my new laptop.
          Personally, from the screens, I think it doesnt look NES? Thats impressive, but it reminds me of Mother 2.
          I love Chibi James.

Comment

do i need to DL a emulator for this becaseu i nearly got banned for that here on my first post

Comment

Its Awesome! Just been playing a tiny bit of it. Got up to the apartment buildings. Got to love Jake's Stick action. Having trouble killing the Straight jackets when on the floor. It does really need a sprint button though.

My new favourite game. Can't wait till I meet PH.
              Last edited by Enrico Marini; 09-11-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I believe that pressing down when attacking with the stick makes Jake hit enemys on the floor. You have to be quick though, as they seem to move away pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                X