Nintendo: Fuck off and die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo: Fuck off and die.

Grr. I am now on the verge of going batshit insane for lack of a better description. I've bought two component cables for the Nintendo Wii. They both work, quite well. However, there is some ridiculous fucking dotcrawl infesting the screen. Just these little dots popping up randomly and usually in places of certain colours (such as the Wii home menu and areas of near-total black). The second cable was, get this, a multi-console cable. PS3? Looks good. 360? Amazing. Wii? LOL NOPE.

So yeah, fuck Nintendo. Assholes.

Anyway, does anyone have a set of official Wii component cables they're willing to let go of? I've figured that the only way to resolve this is to either get those, or a new Wii completely.

I'm selling it anyway as soon as I record RE4 and UC.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Oh, hey. I should have said, this appears to be a somewhat common problem which signals your GPU is dying. Try seeing if they are similar to what these people describe:

Comment

Let off some steam, Bennett.
      See you in hell.

Comment

damm this generation suck in question of hardware,it is the 3 red lights on the 360,the broken blue ray drive on the ps3 and the gpu on the wii,thank god i've never had any problem with any of my sistems,anyway,how old is your wii??

Comment

Dot called it right.

This is the culprit. And it seems to be common. I don't think I have a warranty or anything else either so I'm basically out of luck.

Looks like I need to get a new Wii. Ugh.

Comment

Hmmm, I heard the newer Wiis are more reliable. It should be a good investment.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
              I've bought two component cables for the Nintendo Wii. They both work, quite well. However, there is some ridiculous fucking dotcrawl infesting the screen.

[...]

So yeah, fuck Nintendo. Assholes.

Anyway, does anyone have a set of official Wii component cables they're willing to let go of? I've figured that the only way to resolve this is to either get those, or a new Wii completely.

Waitwaitwait wait... so you bought *third party* component cables and complain about *Nintendo*? o_O

Comment

Do you get the dots using standard cables or on Wii games?

I'm using some third party composite cables myself for the Wii with no complaints. Super Mario Galaxy looks beautiful. I bought my Wii back in June of last year to get the RE4 verison of Wii and the then upcoming Umbrella Chronicles...

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
                  Waitwaitwait wait... so you bought *third party* component cables and complain about *Nintendo*? o_O
                  ...A cable is a cable. Nintendo's component cables aren't any different besides the fact that they are ridiculously overpriced. I always buy third party cables for every system and they all work fine. If Nintendo want to be pricks and try and sabotage them then, well, fuck Nintendo? =p

I get the dots even with the composite cables that came with the Wii. I didn't think much of it at the time because I was pretty much expecting the picture to be complete shit anyway and just mistook it for dotcrawl and noise which is the norm for composite cables.

Comment

Probably the GPU dying like Dot said then.
                    Must use the Wii alot?
                    *Had mine since december but frankly I don't think i've had it on altogether for about 40 hours max*

Comment

Believe it or not, I've barely played the Wii at all. However I did leave it on stand by for a few hours after the times I did play it.

Nintendo should atleast point out the risk in having Wii Connect 24 on, or update the system so it turns the bloody fan on. I really want to know who's idea this was, they deserve to be thrown out of a plane mid-flight.

Comment

Our Wii is always on stand by. It's been on stand by nearly a year and a half with no problems so far. Call Nintendo up and see f they will do anything.

Comment

I've never connected my Wii to Wii connect 24.
                          Don't think I will now...ever.

Comment

i actually have the component cables from nyko and they work. my only problem i see is that the screen stay in video style even with components while with the ps3 it strectches even for the games.

is it my fault or the TVs i have an RCA HD TV

Comment

Working...
                            X