Future Releases and other notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Releases and other notes

I've just got back from a lecture and I have a searing pain in my chest, so I decided to lie down and take it easy browsing the comfort zone of THIA. Luckily, all you get to read this and entertain me for a while

It's the beginning of the end of summer, not that it's been summer at all here in the UK, and we're heading straight towards the bright light at the end of the summer game drought tunnel. I'm excited and longing for a fair few titles this Winter/going into the next year and by God I'm glad I worked over summer to accumulate the funds for them, haha.

First things first I need to renew my Xbox Live subscription which I shall probably do this weekend when I get down to the shops/out of work, but as soon as I have that I'm leaping straight to the marketplace and picking up Castle Crashers. Seriously guys, this game is worth the hype and then some (although I'm not sure single player would be quite as fun as multi). If you haven't heard of it, you probably don't have a 360, but just in case it's the typical 2D side scrolling fighting game, aka. Golden Axe, Streets of rage, etc, but with a fun newgrounds twist on the art direction and humour. There's a small selection of characters that have different magical abilities, which you can level up along with some other attributes such as strength, health, etc, and you generally battle your way through the levels to free the Princess' and retrieve a crystal I think (still haven’t completed it yet as... well I don’t know why yet...). The game is pretty fast and hectic with four of you on screen and massively competitive to collect more gold and exp than your friends, so it's definitely worth it to mess around with a few buddies.

Moving along from my poorly constructed "review", the next few games I'm looking forward to are Left4Dead when that comes out, I'll be hitting that up on my PC and probably forgetting about my degree XD An RPD map is definitely REQUIRED if anyone is a wizz with hammer (not so much myself haha). I'm not overly keen on the running zombies, but it's not a major dislike for myself and keeps the game fast paced and tense so overall I think it's a plus ;D

Dead Space comes out soon which I am overly hyped to play, the Nursery Rhyme trailer was amazing, really set forth the atmosphere and direction the game is going and it didn't even show any game play. I hear said trailer was banned in America for being "too scary" but I never looked into it to see if that was true (the trailer being good, but not scary :S). I love the fact that it keeps being bought forward as well, haha.
    I saw a few trailers detailing the zero-grav of some areas and that looked amazing, one of the creatures leg's were blown off and it just sort of floated upwards into the room, spinning slightly as it travelled, it looks just like I imagine something like that would floating through space and truly impressed me, along with the general visuals of the game - put simply, it looks gorgeous and will most likely scare the bajesus out of me XD

Fallout 3 is heading our way soon as well which is another title blipping on my radar. Post apocalyptic games (or anything like that in general) really get me intrigued, how did the world end, what's left of humanity, how has the face of the world changed, etc. STALKER was amazing for me as I already have a large interest in the Chernobyl disaster and the Zone of Exclusion and the game's atmosphere and expansive recreations of areas of the zone kept me exploring for hours, even when I was being bombarded with radiation and bandits haha. I pre-ordered it the other day after watching a few more trailers off Live so I'll be collecting that on the day ;D

Gears of War 2 is also something I wanna get but I'm pretty sure everyone is getting that anyway - with the exception of a few I’m sure. Then there's of course Resi 5 when that comes out but again, we discuss this all the time here :3

I think the other title cropping up is Mirror's Edge. The idea is amazing and the game looks hot graphically and from trailers... it looks to have been executed well, but I shall have to wait and see when I play it (whenever its coming out).

Ah well, this post is massive and needs something to get you all to reply to soooo, anyone got much coming up their looking forward to? Games, movies, etc?

Closing question, anyone seen Hellboy 2 and is it any good?

I want Portal 2. I don't care how, I just want it.

Comment

The only new things on my calendar are Degeneration next month, and Biohazard 5 in March.

But when I return to Australia in January, I'll be re-united with my Wii. And I've got 18 months of games to catch up playing on her. Paper Mario (VC), Super paper mario, Mario kart, Mario Galaxy, and of course Umbrella Chronicles.
      I think my brothers PC will be able to run Left4Dead, so I'd love to give that a blast too.
      Hopefully by the time I get all that out of the way, this seasons Xmas games will be cheap. I've yet to play Bioshock (I'll get it for my PS3), and LittleBigPlanet has piqued my interest. I'll wait for some reviews on Mirror's edge too. Hopefully I can get those 3 cheap later down the track.

I'm currently playing through Oblivion at the moment. I don't know how similar Fallout 3 is, but I must admit that setting appeals to me more than that of Oblivion. I haven't played Fallout 1 or 2 either. I'll probably wait until I can get it cheap. As you can probably tell, gaming isn't a huge priority of mine.

In the looooooooooong term I'm REALLY looking forward to Diablo 3. And to a lesser extent Starcraft 2. I'll get SC2 day 1, but pretty much drop it come Diablo 3 launch. I'm not holding my breath for these games but. Sure it's nice to have an announcement, but this is Blizzard. They could be 3-4 years away.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
        I want Portal 2. I don't care how, I just want it.
        Portal Prelude

This may ease the pain.

Comment

I still havn't got MGS4. I've got the 1st 3 games but to be honest, I've never been much of a fan. I'm keen to check it out just because it's supposed to be such a grand technical achievement (I might have to hire it first). I also want to get Battlefield BC. I wanted Mercenaries 2 but now I'm not sure. The review at Gamespot was brutal...
          I've put together my shopping list.
          No doubt it will change as new games are added and others drop of my radar for whatever reason but here they are, roughly in order of release date.

PS3:
          Wipeout HD
          Silent Hill: HC
          Siren BR disk (the western release with extras)
          Dead Space
          Bioshock (I gotta see what all the fuss is about)
          Mightnight Club LA (please let me use the X button for accelerate)
          Motorstorm Pacific Rift
          Resistance 2 (yeah baby)
          Mirror's Edge (demo next week?)
          Shellshock 2 (1st one was fun and funny but Guerrilla made that one)
          Killzone 2 (looks awesome but will it deliver the goods?)
          Resident Evil 5 (apparently some sort of big budget title from Capcom. Content unknown)
          Beyond Good and Evil 2
          LA Noire
          Team Ico's next game

Wii:
          Sim City Creator
          Fatal Frame 4 (PLEASE Tecmo, FIX this game before releasing it to the west!)
          Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop
          House of the Dead: Overkill
          Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers

Comment

Working...
          X