Dark Sector (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Sector (?)

Has anyone got Dark Sector? If so, what do you think of it?

I don't know where I was when the game was released (probably overseas and not reading gaming sites) but I knew nothing about it.
    It's said to play like a cross between RE4 and Gears of War (sound familiar?).
    As well as guns, shotguns and rifles, you have this spinning bladed/boomerang thing, which you can throw around and hack of enemy heads and limbs. You can also guide it through the air in slow-mo (like arrows in Heavenly Sword).
    The graphics look pretty nice and the reviews are mostly good (7-8/10).

It's also banned in Australia, which is a stamp of approval

I noticed it at playasia for $25!
    Thinking I might include it in my order for Silent Hill: HC.

Include it. A thousand times.

One of my games of the year, seriously great fun. The comparisons to RE4 and Gears are absolutely spot on, i mentioned this game when the RE5 cover story broke.

Can't complain with that price either, bargain.

Comment

It's a good game. I ave it for the 360. It plays almost like RE4 with some GEARS like mechanics. Try it out!

Comment

Okay, I'm convinced
        Just went and ordered it.
        It's a game I would have considered anyway but for $25 it's an easy decision.
        I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I heard it was actually quite terrible.

Comment

I heard different things about it too, good and bad. But As I always say. Don't live in other people's judgement. I bought it for 360 too. I found it very fun. That glaive is bad ass. (Reminds me of Predators) You can throw it and get a slow mostion first person view of it, and stir it in what direction you like. I got a kick outta using it to lop off people heads and arms. Or how you can use it to throw fire and ice. I saw the Gears of War in it. But never realized the Resident Evil 4 until I faught the zombies. Some reminded me of the chainsaw ones because when you see them on the other side of the screen, turn your back, and somehow they'll be right ontop of you.

Comment

There's a demo on the 360 Marketplace, try that if you need to.

Comment

Yeah, I spotted a demo on the PSN earlier tonight... downloading now, even though my game has already been shipped

Also, I read today that the game is now listed to be released in Australia on 10th Nov. It will be censored and sold for $100!

Damn, I could have waited, paid more than 3x the price and got the censored version!
                No wonder so many Aussies import their games. We get ripped off every which way. I'm SO glad about region free ps3 games!!!

Comment

Working...
                X