Im questing for a N64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im questing for a N64

A couple of years ago I had a N64. And I loved it.
    Then my mom gave it away and all of my games (except for pokemon snap, thank god)
    Anyway Ive been wanting to pick up a new one recently (especially after playing ocarina of time on WiiVC). Ill probably get it at a secondhand store,

What's a good price for a N64.
    And what obscure games do you recommend?

£10-£20? And i suppose Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, and RE2 (if just to witness the awful compression) would be some games to get (and Goldeneye obviously, but thats a given)

Comment

Hey! No RE2 N64 bashing please

Quake is also another good choice.

I have a N64 but no controllers

Comment

Mario 64!

...you have no right to judge me.

Then there are the Zelda games, if you don't have them on the Cube, and I seem to recall Bomberman 64 wasn't a bad game at all.

Comment

Resident Evil 2, Pilot Wings 64, Blast Corps, SW:Episode 1 Racer, Mario Kart 64, Banjo & Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, Mystical Ninja, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Pokemon Snap, Smash Brothers, Ogre Battle 64, Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Doom 64, Golden Eye, Killer Instinct Gold, Operation WinBack, Star Fox 64, Turok, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Yoshi's Story, F-Zero X, Extreme-G, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Tetris 64, Wetrix, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Comment

also make sure you get one with the expansion pack

Comment

You can always buy that later on. A good investment would also be a rumble pack and definitely a memory card or two.

Comment

My top three would be Mario Kart 64, Golden Eye and Starfox 64. There are lots of good games and I think PO hit most of them. RE2 is one you might want if your not bored of playing it on other systems.

Comment

Expansion Paks are what I would consider the No. 1 priority upgrade. They help the games run faster and look better.

Comment

RE 2 is a good buy, although not as visually good as the PS1, DC or even GC version it had a charm that was unique to itself, another good game was forsaken 64. it was like a wing commander game for the 64. finally i thought armorines was ok for the time.

as for system shopping there are some good sites out there that have good deals for systems, Ebay is awesome but also videogamecentral.com has the best in terms of clones and actually sytems.

Comment

Just ask around your workplace/school for one. A lot of people used to have them but don't want them anymore.

Comment

i dont think ill ever get rid of mine, it was a part of my childhood

Comment

Originally posted by mamock116 View Post
                          i dont think ill ever get rid of mine, it was a part of my childhood
                          exactly why im trying to find one

I should be finding one tomorrow.

Comment

I miss my Amiga too.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

I have 60 plus Atari ST games and no way of playing them cos I left the system in the loft of my old house along with a C64 + 200 games, a C16 + 40 games and a C128 it's torture no being able to ever get them back they all worked fine too in perfect condition "you all know the trouble with getting the tape decks to work without problems" all my childhood memories are gone apart from my sega master system which I only have ten games for anyway.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X