PDA

View Full Version : RPD Dispatch 3 - Playing RE1

Dot50Cal
09-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey guys ;) That time again.

I'm probably going to start on the Nintendo DS version soon. I figure that'll be something nice to discuss while the other guys play earlier versions. Is anyone else going to join us on our play through?

If you want to call in and discuss RE1, you can leave a message on our Skype voicemail. On October 4th, I'll have our Skype voicemail line setup. Just give a call to "bifftannentruewinner" and our recording message should pick up. Leave a message and we'll put it in the podcast :)

Alternatively, you can send us a pre-recorded mp3. Just PM me for details.

Project Omega
09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
I've been playing Biohazard Deadly Silence in my spare time, but unfortunately the October 4th weekend is the first SAT test date of the 2008-09 test year so I'll be at work both Saturday and Sunday. I can see about perhaps phoning in and leaving an overly rehearsed voice mail but I also need to procure some sort of microphonic recording device (perhaps with built in noise cancellation feature).

Sure it was made for Japanese audiences, but I thought It'd be a challenge to play through Classic Mode not knowing the language. Heh, that "From Life to Death" puzzle was a bitch since I had to work strictly from memory and essentially rely finally on trial and error to get passed it. Playing the remake is what screwed me since I haven't played the original in a rather long time... The mini-game on the RE Deadly Silence should be something fun to comment on; it's the reason why I bought two copies of the game ^_^ (so me and my girlfriend could play it together).

Mr. Spencer
09-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Looks like I may have to depend upon the PC version...

JcFFx
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Sure it was made for Japanese audiences, but I thought It'd be a challenge to play through Classic Mode not knowing the language. Heh, that "From Life to Death" puzzle was a bitch since I had to work strictly from memory and essentially rely finally on trial and error to get passed it.

Hell, Biohazard was my first RE game...
...And I don't know Japanese...
...And I couldn't even at least read the kanji (quit Chinese school)...
...And I was, like, *six* back then...

...And yeah, the crow puzzle is murder >_<
But the rest shouldn't be a problem, especially since other puzzles aren't really text-oriented (unless you're Jill and want Barry to live... Good luck with the questions)

I figure that'll be something nice to discuss while the other guys play earlier versions. Is anyone else going to join us on our play through?

Hurrah for bringing my DS to university.
(Well last week I had my Wii here and was going through REmake, but I guess that doesn't really count).

Project Omega
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Someone should play the Sega Saturn version if not only for the Gold Tyrant, Zombie Wesker, and the "Ticks". The mini-game was fun, but not fun enough that I'd want to drive to my storage facility to search for my Sega stuff. I really should have cataloged where things were, but I just wanted the space in my room :-\

Stars1356
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Im going to play threw the PS1 version with Chris maybe this weekend. I remember how to kill Rebecca as it is a lot different than the Remake.

Mr. Spencer
09-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Don't keep your thoughts to yourselves though, it'd be great to hear what everyone thought about it on the podcast, via the Skype answering machine gubbins that Biff Tannen set up.

TheSelfishGene
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Someone should play the Sega Saturn version if not only for the Gold Tyrant, Zombie Wesker, and the "Ticks". The mini-game was fun, but not fun enough that I'd want to drive to my storage facility to search for my Sega stuff. I really should have cataloged where things were, but I just wanted the space in my room :-\

I've told dot I'll be making a small call to talk about the Saturn Version.

Dot50Cal
09-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Great :) It'll be setup all day Saturday on October 4th.

I started the DS game, and I was surprised at some of the puzzles. I'm still wondering what those shotgun-like hooks are in the 2nd floor map room (where you burn the fireplace). I guess I'll find out soon :)

kevstah2004
09-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Isn't that where a bazooka or flamethrower was? you get in the sewage system as well IIRC. Barry also gives you it on the landing but I can't remember how unless it happens if you don't enter the balcony with Forest.

alf717
09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Will you take PSP game saves? I have the original and director's cut on my PSP and have been playing through them in my spare time. My playstaion needs a new laser and I have no clue where to find one for the SCPH-5501 model.

I think I might go the route of playing the DS version then REmake but can't supply any save games for you though since I don't have the required tools.

Edit:

Will you go into any beta material or talk about Biohazard Dash at all? I know data is slim for stuff like that but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Dot50Cal
09-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Well..We have some big stuff coming in regards to RE1 beta's. But I don't want to speak about any of that yet, since it will be a big thing for the site in the coming months.

I think though, that we will discuss the trial edition :)

Helegad
09-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Hey Dot, don't be restricted by time. Quite seriously, I would listen for 5 hours if I had to. I love podcasts that are directly in line with my interests.

I shotgun the Deadly Silence call in! :lol: I've talked to Dot about it, and I might be doing a 'guest appearance' on the show, and showing my point of view on Deadly Silence :)

(P.S: Dot, I actually don't have any idea what those second hooks are in the 2nd floor map room. They don't have any use in the game, and I've even tried putting the broken shotgun and normal shotgun down on them, both scenarios. Nada. Not even a description when you click on it.)

-Evil Shady-
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
When you get the flamethrowner down there, the door to the maop room is locked, and you can only open it again if you put the flamethrowner back where you found it or in that hook beside the door...
That always buged me, then one day I decided to go back there with Jill and found that out. Still, not much use for it.

Lookin forward for this podcast, RE1 was the reason I bought my PsOne, and I'm still frustrated that we never saw a Jill-Chris-Barry-Rebecca ending =//
Capcom had all the chances to do it, but now it's just a dream....

alf717
09-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Well..We have some big stuff coming in regards to RE1 beta's. But I don't want to speak about any of that yet, since it will be a big thing for the site in the coming months.

I think though, that we will discuss the trial edition :)

Sounds really interesting. I think I'll give the trial edition a go after my other playthroughs. I'm all excited now about what you have in store for the website pertaining to beta material. ^_^

kevstah2004
09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Someone should rip the texture that has the message on the wall in trial version for the writeup.
You should also mention the bit when your in the 1st floor save room with the item box and chemical where the zombie comes down the stairs.

Enigma_632
09-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Lovin n listen to the latest RPD Dispatch.

I know its titled playing RE1, but would it be ok to play REmake, just for comparisons, would anyone be interested? If so let me know, if not let me know too anyway.

What about Barry in RE1 stopping at the clock, anyone else get this to happen?

It happened to me and I know Dot had this happen too.

Loved the toilet reference in the latest RPD Dispatch.

Sorry to repeat whats been said already, but those sound gaps are really annoying.

Liked the way you talked about Irons being a 'b*****d', sounds like me at COD4. "Everyone's gonna die."

One more thing, sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone know whats up with my GameCube save in scenario B,(Leon B) where the fire should be after the chopper crash.

Enigma_632
09-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry if this is included in original RE, but I just realised, if you kill the original plant. In the greenhouse.

The remaining plants, will fight. The remaining plants, will fight on, even though there is nothing to defend.

Sorry I can't describe this proper, surely, someone else can.

I will try and be more specific.

A-J
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM
i don't think the plants were ever hive minded to begin with ..

kevstah2004
09-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Whispers similarities to Dino Crisis 2's pp-34 with Plant 42 & 43.

Skunky
09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Are you going to cover Director's Cut?
I think you should, because it's basically the same game but with differences and improvements. I don't think it's different enough to warrant it's own podcast. Unlike REmake, which would definitely deserve its own podcast. You could mention all the changes like more zombies, new camera angles, different item placements and getting attacked by Zombie Kenneth etc. Playing it today I also noticed Rebecca was wearing red...
Off course, there's also the uncensored FMVs in the Bio version.

I did some comparisons today of the Playstation versions of DC. You can use or ignore this info at your own discretion. The comparisons were made using the same widescreen HDTV.
Bio DC ps1 (running on ps2) vs Bio DC ps3/psp download.
*The screen size is different* The ps3 version nearly fills a widescreen tv but it's not stretched. I'm not sure how they did this. Using the tv's zoom function, on the ps1 version I wasn't able to get the same dimensions without chopping off the top of the game screen.
*The ps3 version is faster* You can run faster on the ps3 version. It is visually noticeable and also you can hear that the steps are quicker together. Another example of this is in the left side of the 1F mansion, in the room with the clock. You can hear it ticking faster in the ps3 version. I'm guessing the whole game runs a bit faster. However the speed of the door opening animations and the in game dialogue appears the same.
*Graphics* The ps3 version is a vast improvement. The ps1 is very blocky and pixelated, while the ps3 version is not only much smoother but there is more detail in both the character models and backgrounds.
I'm not sure why there's such a difference because the ps3/psp download is supposedly just the exact same game as the ps1 version.

Could the difference in graphics quality just be a result of the ps3's smoothing technology (used for ps1/ps2 games)?
I stuck the PAL ps1 version disk into the ps3 to find out...
While the game is smoother and less pixelated than when running on the ps2, it's also kinda smudged and there's a loss of detail. It certainly dosn't look nearly as good as the ps3 downloaded version.

Conclusion: the ps3/psp download of Bio DC is far and away the best Playstation version of the original game available (you can get it from the Japan or HK PSN store... no, I don't work for Sony). You will really notice the difference, especially if you play your games on a large, widescreen HDTV.

Helegad
09-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Pity I should have to pay for something I already own five of, just in different formats.

alf717
09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I did some comparisons today of the Playstation versions of DC. You can use or ignore this info at your own discretion. The comparisons were made using the same widescreen HDTV.
Bio DC ps1 (running on ps2) vs Bio DC ps3/psp download.
*The screen size is different* The ps3 version nearly fills a widescreen tv but it's not stretched. I'm not sure how they did this. Using the tv's zoom function, on the ps1 version I wasn't able to get the same dimensions without chopping off the top of the game screen.
*The ps3 version is faster* You can run faster on the ps3 version. It is visually noticeable and also you can hear that the steps are quicker together. Another example of this is in the left side of the 1F mansion, in the room with the clock. You can hear it ticking faster in the ps3 version. I'm guessing the whole game runs a bit faster. However the speed of the door opening animations and the in game dialogue appears the same.
*Graphics* The ps3 version is a vast improvement. The ps1 is very blocky and pixelated, while the ps3 version is not only much smoother but there is more detail in both the character models and backgrounds.
I'm not sure why there's such a difference because the ps3/psp download is supposedly just the exact same game as the ps1 version.

I wish I had a PS3 to test this out myself. Can you provide a screenshot or two of what it looks like on the PS3? I wonder if you can purchase this title on a US PS3 or off the PSN store to play in a US PSP.

Edit:

Do you get the same results if you play the DC version off the disc on a PS3?

Dot50Cal
09-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I think I'm going to stop playing the DS version. For some reason, I get really dizzy after playing the DS for more than 10 minutes. I'll be switching to some other version. I can't take this anymore. Plus, my hands cramp up because the buttons are suited to child hands :\

marcusray
09-28-2008, 02:05 AM
I'm expecting to see some comments from members regarding how well this game has held up. Just went through a play through myself on the PSX (Dir Cut) and it has aged very well...Mikami's talent was evident early on. The atmosphere in the mansion kicks ass and the files are the best in the series. I can see why people cite this as their favorite it's not just nostalgia it genuinely does a lot of things better than the other games.

Helegad
09-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Oh yeah, RE1 will always be a classic.

Skunky
09-28-2008, 06:00 AM
I wish I had a PS3 to test this out myself. Can you provide a screenshot or two of what it looks like on the PS3? I wonder if you can purchase this title on a US PS3 or off the PSN store to play in a US PSP.

Do you get the same results if you play the DC version off the disc on a PS3?
1) Sorry, I can't do screenshots (I'm sure that Dot could)
2) Yes, the downloads from the Japan store will work on any ps3 (I've got a PAL ps3).
3) To quote myself:

Could the difference in graphics quality just be a result of the ps3's smoothing technology (used for ps1/ps2 games)?
I stuck the PAL ps1 version disk into the ps3 to find out...
While the game is smoother and less pixelated than when running on the ps2, it's also kinda smudged and there's a loss of detail. It certainly dosn't look nearly as good as the ps3 downloaded version.
I'm not saying it looks like REmake but the difference is clear enough to notice.

Pity I should have to pay for something I already own five of, just in different formats.
True, but if you're keen enough to buy it 5 times already, you should be willing to pay 500yen ($5) to have it on your ps3 HDD. Especially with the slight improvements I've noted.

Helegad
09-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Is it downloadable directly from the PSN website -> PC -> PSP memory card?

alf717
09-28-2008, 02:26 PM
I think I'm going to stop playing the DS version. For some reason, I get really dizzy after playing the DS for more than 10 minutes. I'll be switching to some other version. I can't take this anymore. Plus, my hands cramp up because the buttons are suited to child hands :\

You might be focusing on the screen too much. :) When I play DS I always remove my glasses and lay back while I play. I tense up a lot as I play DS from time to time and just take a 10-15 minute break.

I have this issue while I play Half-Life 2 for a long period of time as well.

Stars1356
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I have the same problem when I play the DS. Staring at the screen to long hurts my eyes and makes me sleepy.

riderkid
09-28-2008, 09:57 PM
i usually use my DS for RPGs but the game the world ends with you ends up making me a bit motion sick due to controling and watching 2 screens at once.

on the topic of RE1, my favr is the newer GC remake. ot had some better sounds and atmosphere. but i still ove the older RE1 because it has a nostalgic feeling that compares second to none

Helegad
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I never have any sight problems with a DS... works as good as a GameBoy for me.

Enigma_632
09-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Not to be off topic, but my brother used to get similar symptoms playing Doom and other FPS games at the time.

BLSR1
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I have no problems with the DS. Must be because im young.

Dot50Cal
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I went ahead and picked up the dual shock version for PS1. I'll be playing through the arrange game to discuss it a bit.

BLSR1
09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I have the Directors Cut.

I tried it not too long ago and got gang raped. The original is not as forgiving as the later games.

-Evil Shady-
09-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Arrange Mode with Chris is a pain..... those Hunters get me every time.;

marcusray
09-30-2008, 12:57 AM
I went through Chris's scenario recently on the director's cut and I had some trouble with item management as Chris only has 6 slots which led to some backtracking.

A-J
09-30-2008, 01:28 AM
all you guys having troubles with the director's cut should try using the double ammo cheat, to make things a bit easier.

Highlight Advanced Mode at the main menu, then press and hold Right until the word Advanced turns green.

Helegad
09-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Now, that's no fun! The challenge is what makes it worthwhile :)

A-J
09-30-2008, 03:08 AM
oh believe me it doesn't rob the mode of any of its challenge lol, its just a slightly more helpful trick.

The post guard house mansion hunter fest is still one of the hardest area's in any game i've ever played (arranged mode)

Darkmoon
09-30-2008, 03:49 AM
...as you say that it worries me intensely that it's how I usually play RE1.

Oh well.

I found without the cheat on you're constantly reloading because every shot you waste and miss is so important and vital. You simply can't afford to waste ammo. At all. Ever.

Scott Green
09-30-2008, 04:33 AM
...oh I never played it without the double ammo cheat....

I guess it's time for a RE-DC challange these days :P

Helegad
09-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Darkmoon, that's not entirely true. I learnt a little trick from a movie that's saved my ass many-a-time:

"Run, Forrest! Run!"

Hunters are always a pain in the ass though, on any mode, in any game.

Skunky
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here!
Passionate fans and series veterans, CHEATING at RE?! :uhh:
I'm sure I've done DC arrange mode without any sort of cheats. I might have to do it again today if I have time (and I'll come crawling back here to tell you if I fail :lol: )

I think the only time I've cheated, was on Bio2 Extreme Battle. It was so long ago, I can't remember what I did, if it was an in game cheat or if I used my ps1 Xploder cartridge. But whatever I did, it's stuck on the game save. I played it using my ps2 recently and all my weapons have unlimited ammo (I can't switch it off).

Dot50Cal
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I actually gave RE:DS another chance. I like the new puzzles and enemy placements enough to suffer through the eye strain. Playing it 45 minutes at a time seems to lessen the effects, which is good.

Colvin
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Good podcast fellows. I really enjoyed the bloopers.

Dot50Cal
09-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I've been ok with the DS version now since I turned the brightness to the lowest level. If you have trouble like me, try doing that. Also, play in a well lit room and look off into the distance (outside a window or something) every so often. It helps me.

I somehow can't find the 1st doom book. I found a letter, saying it was back in the guard house now..God only knows what awaits me. The chimera jumped out when I was in the library, which was a shock. They are very difficult in this version too. They gang up on you :'(

Helegad
09-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Dot, a suprise awaits you... go back to Plant 42's room :D

A-J
09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
this topic has inspired me to rip my old director's cut edition disc (to be played on epsxe).

im going to start on the Training difficulty of course :p

Dot50Cal
09-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Haha, Alzaire was going through Training Mode :D I wonder if he still is..

Dot, a suprise awaits you... go back to Plant 42's room :D

I dont like this at all.. lol.

Alzaire
09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I was curious to see what Training Mode is. Basically it's just double ammo and enemies are a tad easier. I'm gonna do the next run throughs on Standard and Advanced to hit up all corners in Director's Cut. ^_^

Helegad
09-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, I've already beaten Rebirth mode with Jill and Chris, then once in normal mode with Jill while earning the infinite rocket launcher.

imacwesker
09-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Alzaire, the Training Mode is the Japanese version (more ammo + ink ribbon), the Normal mode is the Westerner version and the Advanced mode is supposed to be the extra-hard version.

What always disappointed me with this so-called extra-hard version, is that everytime there is an extra zombie in a room (comparing to the normal version) this one will die with a single head-shot, using the revolver. It's gore and fun but this "extra" zombie just need one bullet to be killed, so having an extra zombie in one room doesn't create an extra challenge.

And for the gamers who have some troubles managing their ammo, just use the gun + knife. Shoot the zombie until he fall down then finish him with the knife. You will save a few bullets every time, and they will soon turn into extra saved clips ;)

A-J
09-30-2008, 11:11 PM
i played the director's cut version just for the alternate backgrounds.

Helegad
09-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Director's Cut gets more usage out of me, cause it's the original Resident Evil plus some addons.

Stars1356
10-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Yea I think I'm going to play the Directors Cut, I hate looking at this tiny screen on my DS. Its only really go to use while I'm at work.

Scott Green
10-01-2008, 01:32 AM
I might have to do it again today if I have time (and I'll come crawling back here to tell you if I fail :lol: )
I think you won't IIRC I always had shitloads of ammo at the end of the game so the cheat was kinda useless anyway, but the last time I played the Directors Cut was a long time ago :\

I think the only time I've cheated, was on Bio2 Extreme Battle. It was so long ago, I can't remember what I did, if it was an in game cheat or if I used my ps1 Xploder cartridge. But whatever I did, it's stuck on the game save. I played it using my ps2 recently and all my weapons have unlimited ammo (I can't switch it off).

Well you can by doing this:

If you are on the Dual Shock Version go to the menu screen and into Key Config.. There the 'Manual' or 'Auto' Aim icon will be red, which means unlimited Ammo is on. Now hold down R1 and press square 10 times and the Aim Icon goes back to blue which means unlimited ammo is switched off :P

If you are on Dreamcast go to the inventory while gameplay and press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, R-Trigger.

If you are on Gamecube go to Button Config and Highlight "Aim", hold R and press Z 10 times. (never tried this since i don't have that version of the game)

Helegad
10-01-2008, 05:25 AM
So by using the R1 + ten squares you can toggle unlimited ammo in RE2? Never heard about that...

Greko
10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
So by using the R1 + ten squares you can toggle unlimited ammo in RE2? Never heard about that...

Only in certain additions of the game, Dreamcast being on of them - playing the game with infinate magnum ammo = easy haha

Mr. Spencer
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks to Dot, I have in my possession a copy of RE1 for the PC. I've used something called "CPUKiller" to underclock my CPU, and allow the game to run at a much slower, normal pace. However, a few graphical glitches still remain which I'm trying to iron out, but with any luck I'll be up and running, playing through the PC version of RE1.

Skunky
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
If you are on the Dual Shock Version go to the menu screen and into Key Config.. There the 'Manual' or 'Auto' Aim icon will be red, which means unlimited Ammo is on. Now hold down R1 and press square 10 times and the Aim Icon goes back to blue which means unlimited ammo is switched off
Thanks Scott! I do remember that cheat (now), so that must have been what I did. I'm glad I can switch it off again.

Back on topic to RE1.
My playthrough of Bio DC arrange mode is still 'a work in progress'. I was doing things quite comfortably, then had a friggin power failure! I hadn't saved at all, so had to start again. My 2nd go I was less careful and got killed by a dog :lol:. It got my back twice and when I faced it to shoot, my gun went "click" and I had to reload (yes, it was pretty funny). It jumped on me and ate my face... But I've got a taste for the game again and I'll do it.
One question; On my 1st go I went and got the serum to keep Richard alive (briefly) and he gave me a radio. On my 2nd go I went there later and he was already dead. I robbed his corpse for a clip of ammo. What's the benefit of getting the radio?

Scott Green
10-02-2008, 03:28 AM
What's the benefit of getting the radio?

Well Brad contacts you on it, so what happens if you don't have any radio? o_o

This thread now made me play Bio DC again and I have to say it's a lot harder than I remember. Firstly in the arrange mode a zombie bit me and I still had fine (a little yellow) health. Then right after I got the Shotgun there was a very fast zombie he bit me once and I was dead :(
Next try on standard I was on the 2nd floor of the dining hall and tried the trick with the statue and the knife. My bad planning made me being surrounded by the two zombies up there = instant death. Of course I played with Jill.

Haha I will try again today :D

Helegad
10-02-2008, 04:03 AM
Damn, I'll have to try that.

Any cheats for RE2 Platinum (PC)?

Does the unlimited ammo cheat work on the "Win a part in the movie!" edition?

Scott Green
10-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Damn, I'll have to try that.

Any cheats for RE2 Platinum (PC)?

I'm not sure about the PC version, but I think it's the same as on the Dreamcast version. "Go to the inventory while gameplay and press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right and then aim.
As far as I know this cheat is in every version of the game except the non-DualShock PSX Version. if it doesn't work just make a goosle search for the cheat :P

Also again to the topic: I've been playing the Dual Shock Version of Bio Directors Cut. There is a whole new soundrack in it and some tracks of it are pretty horrible :nervous:

A-J
10-03-2008, 04:16 AM

the original PS1 version doesn't have any button cheats, only the dual shock one. Besides the original PS1 version all the other versions have button cheats.

Helegad
10-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Oh, that sucks :P I gotta get the other versions.

Dot50Cal
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Skype line is now open ;)

Send a call to "bifftannentruewinner" and my voice should greet you. You'll have five minutes to leave a message. It doesn't have to be RE1 related, it could be anything you want.

Helegad
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I'll call in today, Dot :) I've got a few interesting things on my mind.

Skunky
10-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Well Brad contacts you on it, so what happens if you don't have any radio?
Well, that's what I figured but I was also wondering if that means you can't finish the game if you don't get the radio from Richard (the answer is no, you just get the radio later).
I had another go today but I still didn't complete it. At least I saved about half way this time so I can go back to it. I'm playing as Chris which is the harder one. I was doing very nicely, with shitloads of healing items and 'enough' ammo (no cheats) and got through the tricky bit with the Hunters in the mansion (piece of cake) but then I got killed in the 2nd Yawn encounter... I thought I was supposed to drop down into the hole in the floor and while standing next to it and frantically pushing the button, nothing was happening. I got hammered then swallowed whole.

A-J
10-04-2008, 09:26 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/141rtwx.jpg

:D using VGS (epsxe crashes) , director's cut standard difficulty, a lot of room for improvement.

Helegad
10-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I've got myself a time of about 45 min on the PC version, rocket launcher helping out. I think I took a screenie, I'll have a look.

Oh, Dot, I left a message! :D If my voice sounds wierd, that's nerves :P I'm not used to doing call ins.

Dot50Cal
10-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Due to an emergency, we've had to delay the podcast until tomorrow. Sorry everyone, things just cant get done today.

shanemurphy
10-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Due to an emergency, we've had to delay the podcast until tomorrow. Sorry everyone, things just cant get done today.

No problem man, the qaulity of the podcast is worth the wait. Do you have a timeframe of when tomarrow it will be up?

I live in Ireland so about 5 hours ahead of yous in America ( If thats were you live).

Dot50Cal
10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Just finished recording ;) Should be up in 2-3 hours :D

Enigma_632
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
:D

New podcast sweet.

Dot50Cal
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I want to thank everyone who called in. We were overwhelmed by the numbers :) Its great to see people calling in though, I hope we get more in the future :D

Helegad
10-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Who's excited about this next podcast :D :D :D

I know I am! :lol::lol::lol:

(Yes, I know this will probably get locked soon! :P)

Dot50Cal
10-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Soon...Filling in the bloopers now.

Helegad
10-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Nice :)

Sorry about the new topic, but I felt that a new podcast warranted a new topic :P

aris13
10-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Bloopers? Sweet:P

Borman
10-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Hurry up Dot. Its been days since. Well you know. lol

Dot50Cal
10-06-2008, 01:31 AM
posted ;)

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44742#post44742

News Bot
10-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Remind me never to play Biohazard Directors Cut Dual Shock.

Ever.