Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 3 - Playing RE1

Hey guys ;) That time again.

I'm probably going to start on the Nintendo DS version soon. I figure that'll be something nice to discuss while the other guys play earlier versions. Is anyone else going to join us on our play through?

If you want to call in and discuss RE1, you can leave a message on our Skype voicemail. On October 4th, I'll have our Skype voicemail line setup. Just give a call to "bifftannentruewinner" and our recording message should pick up. Leave a message and we'll put it in the podcast

Alternatively, you can send us a pre-recorded mp3. Just PM me for details.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-25-2008, 07:38 PM.

I've been playing Biohazard Deadly Silence in my spare time, but unfortunately the October 4th weekend is the first SAT test date of the 2008-09 test year so I'll be at work both Saturday and Sunday. I can see about perhaps phoning in and leaving an overly rehearsed voice mail but I also need to procure some sort of microphonic recording device (perhaps with built in noise cancellation feature).

Sure it was made for Japanese audiences, but I thought It'd be a challenge to play through Classic Mode not knowing the language. Heh, that "From Life to Death" puzzle was a bitch since I had to work strictly from memory and essentially rely finally on trial and error to get passed it. Playing the remake is what screwed me since I haven't played the original in a rather long time... The mini-game on the RE Deadly Silence should be something fun to comment on; it's the reason why I bought two copies of the game (so me and my girlfriend could play it together).

Comment

Looks like I may have to depend upon the PC version...
      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
        Sure it was made for Japanese audiences, but I thought It'd be a challenge to play through Classic Mode not knowing the language. Heh, that "From Life to Death" puzzle was a bitch since I had to work strictly from memory and essentially rely finally on trial and error to get passed it.
        Hell, Biohazard was my first RE game...
        ...And I don't know Japanese...
        ...And I couldn't even at least read the kanji (quit Chinese school)...
        ...And I was, like, *six* back then...

...And yeah, the crow puzzle is murder
        But the rest shouldn't be a problem, especially since other puzzles aren't really text-oriented (unless you're Jill and want Barry to live... Good luck with the questions)

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I figure that'll be something nice to discuss while the other guys play earlier versions. Is anyone else going to join us on our play through?
        Hurrah for bringing my DS to university.
        (Well last week I had my Wii here and was going through REmake, but I guess that doesn't really count).
        Last edited by JcFFx; 09-25-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Someone should play the Sega Saturn version if not only for the Gold Tyrant, Zombie Wesker, and the "Ticks". The mini-game was fun, but not fun enough that I'd want to drive to my storage facility to search for my Sega stuff. I really should have cataloged where things were, but I just wanted the space in my room :-\

Comment

Im going to play threw the PS1 version with Chris maybe this weekend. I remember how to kill Rebecca as it is a lot different than the Remake.

Comment

Don't keep your thoughts to yourselves though, it'd be great to hear what everyone thought about it on the podcast, via the Skype answering machine gubbins that Biff Tannen set up.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                Someone should play the Sega Saturn version if not only for the Gold Tyrant, Zombie Wesker, and the "Ticks". The mini-game was fun, but not fun enough that I'd want to drive to my storage facility to search for my Sega stuff. I really should have cataloged where things were, but I just wanted the space in my room :-\
                I've told dot I'll be making a small call to talk about the Saturn Version.
                sigpic

Comment

Great It'll be setup all day Saturday on October 4th.

I started the DS game, and I was surprised at some of the puzzles. I'm still wondering what those shotgun-like hooks are in the 2nd floor map room (where you burn the fireplace). I guess I'll find out soon

Comment

Isn't that where a bazooka or flamethrower was? you get in the sewage system as well IIRC. Barry also gives you it on the landing but I can't remember how unless it happens if you don't enter the balcony with Forest.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Will you take PSP game saves? I have the original and director's cut on my PSP and have been playing through them in my spare time. My playstaion needs a new laser and I have no clue where to find one for the SCPH-5501 model.

I think I might go the route of playing the DS version then REmake but can't supply any save games for you though since I don't have the required tools.

Edit:

Will you go into any beta material or talk about Biohazard Dash at all? I know data is slim for stuff like that but it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.
                      Last edited by alf717; 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Well..We have some big stuff coming in regards to RE1 beta's. But I don't want to speak about any of that yet, since it will be a big thing for the site in the coming months.

I think though, that we will discuss the trial edition

Comment

Hey Dot, don't be restricted by time. Quite seriously, I would listen for 5 hours if I had to. I love podcasts that are directly in line with my interests.

I shotgun the Deadly Silence call in! I've talked to Dot about it, and I might be doing a 'guest appearance' on the show, and showing my point of view on Deadly Silence

(P.S: Dot, I actually don't have any idea what those second hooks are in the 2nd floor map room. They don't have any use in the game, and I've even tried putting the broken shotgun and normal shotgun down on them, both scenarios. Nada. Not even a description when you click on it.)
                          Last edited by Helegad; 09-26-2008, 07:54 AM.

Comment

When you get the flamethrowner down there, the door to the maop room is locked, and you can only open it again if you put the flamethrowner back where you found it or in that hook beside the door...
                            That always buged me, then one day I decided to go back there with Jill and found that out. Still, not much use for it.

Lookin forward for this podcast, RE1 was the reason I bought my PsOne, and I'm still frustrated that we never saw a Jill-Chris-Barry-Rebecca ending =//
                            Capcom had all the chances to do it, but now it's just a dream....

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Well..We have some big stuff coming in regards to RE1 beta's. But I don't want to speak about any of that yet, since it will be a big thing for the site in the coming months.

I think though, that we will discuss the trial edition
                              Sounds really interesting. I think I'll give the trial edition a go after my other playthroughs. I'm all excited now about what you have in store for the website pertaining to beta material.
                              Last edited by alf717; 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X