No announcement yet.

Homecoming - Has anyone played it yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homecoming - Has anyone played it yet?

I'm waiting on the Steam release which for some reason isn't on Steam yet but was wondering if anyone has gotten the PS3 or 360 versions. What do you think of it?

Kotaku have put up their review (360 version)
    The sixth installment of Konami's venerable psychological horror franchise Silent Hill breaks ground on current generation consoles, now in the hands of a new developer, Double Helix Games, formerly known as The Collective.

Sounds pretty good... but I'd like to read a few other impressions too.

1up review (360)

IGN review (PS3)
    Last edited by Skunky; 09-30-2008, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I haven't gotten it as all the video game selling stores around my area either claim it comes out tomorrow or just flat out tell me no such thing exists
      Last edited by Corrin; 09-30-2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Well, it only shipped today. It's not out until tomorrow afternoon. I'd say we'll hear what people think from then onward.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
          Well, it only shipped today. It's not out until tomorrow afternoon. I'd say we'll hear what people think from then onward.
          I should of known better. I thought today was the store date but with no word on a Steam release date for some reason I jumped into the conslusion that the console version hit shelves today. Maybe there will be more word on the PC release as well tomorrow.

Comment

Been playing it all afternoon. It's an amazing game and certainly is Silent Hill. If you love the Silent Hill series for what it is, then you oughtta love the new one!!

Comment

I was hoping they wouldn't stick to the same cookie-cutter plot like they have been. Go with something a bit different maybe. It just feels like I already know the entire plot of the game because its following the plot of the previous ones nearly line by line.

The rust and molten lava parts just go on for far too long. I mean, I get it, hes going deep underground. We don't need to play this for 20 minutes, hopping down various ledges, or going down another set of ladders.

At the moment, I'm disappointed with what I've played. I initially liked it a bit, but its turned sour as I play. The combat is just frustrating, and I played it wrong (apparently) through the first half of the game. The dodge maneuver is clunky and just feels wrong.

I'll keep going through

Comment

I got my copy today, too bad the US 360 version is region locked so I didn't get a chance to play it.
                The seller promised to replace my copy with the Asian version, though (it supposedly works on PAL systems).

Comment

Dot, maybe you can help me with this part as it has to do with the section with all the fire and jumping downward and downward onto the metal platforms. It's the boss fight right after that.

Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, its pretty crappy how the game does that I struggled at parts because of that.

After playing some more, the game really gets better after you return to the Shepard's house. I'm probably almost done.

Comment

How I envy you Americans.

Comment

So... is this worth shelling $60 for? I canceled the reservation after much thought. I haven't touched a game aside from 4 hours of Yakuza 2 in over a month now.
                        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 10-02-2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          Yeah, its pretty crappy how the game does that I struggled at parts because of that.

After playing some more, the game really gets better after you return to the Shepard's house. I'm probably almost done.
                          I've just started the game over. My situation with that particular boss is impossible.

Comment

Hey, could any of you Americans please send me (pennyroyal_3 [at] yahoo.co.uk) good, big scans of front, back, and disc of both the 360 and PS3 versions for my website? Credit will be given, of course. ;)

Thanks!
                            Last edited by Anders; 10-05-2008, 08:47 AM.
                            lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Silent Hill: Homecoming ending spoiler:

Okay, what the christ? Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X