Clear All

• RE for the pc

which RE games were ported to the pc

Resident Evil 1,2,3,4 and probably 5
    sigpic

Comment

are the console versions better?

Comment

yes, (besides RE4 with the super high rez texture mods, and of course dark biohazard).

Comment

There aren't many differences, they are about the same.
          Except RE4 GC/Wii which is much better than the vanilla RE4 PC.
          Last edited by doomed; 10-11-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

RE1, RE2, RE3 (those two were also re-released in Japan so they would work properly on WinXP system and new graphic cards), RE4 (that was one of the crappiest port I've ever seen, but thanks to mods made by fans the game looks good now) and RE Survivor (Japan only... and that was the second crappiest port I've ever seen).

About which version is better. RE1, RE2 and RE3 have better graphics (games run in 640x480 resolution, and in RE3 backgrounds have higher resolution than in console versions). Also, RE2 have few bonus things that are only available in Dreamcast version.
            RE4 PC (thanks to fanmade mods) is better than PS2 version (higher resolution, better textures), but still lose to GameCube and Wii version.
            Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 10-11-2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

RE3 PC is inferior to the Gamecube one. Some sounds are lower fidelity and there are texture issues to deal with, which the Gamecube solved.

Comment

Yeah i would just say buy a Gamecube, they're cheap enough now, and at least then you're getting all the games that actually matter to the series up until RE5.

Comment

thanks for the opinions; ill prob just get a wii that way i can run progressive scan and get what wii versions are out there and buy remake for the gamecube. where do i get the re4 mods from?

Comment

Originally posted by mamock116 View Post
                    where do i get the re4 mods from?
                    here

Comment

thanks man im going to download the combo patch from

Comment

Re-make is coming to the Wii. It will have better res than gamecube version.

Side note: Who'd like to see RE2-re-make? I know that I would. With nextgen graphics!

Comment

I reckon that CVX woulda been good on PC... unfortnately, no.

Comment

us pc gamers always get screwed

Comment

That's not always the case.
                              For example Half Life 2 & Doom 3 got mediocre Xbox ports.

Comment

Working...
                              X