Shadow Of The Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Of The Colossus

I just finished the demo disc of this game, and all I can say is "Awesome". The graphics are incredible, the game play is great, and the controls are easy to get use to and work well. I'm going to be picking this game up without a doubt. Just the scoop of it is magnificent. And the music is awesome as well. It's so epic.

Anybody else interested in this game?

By the time it hits PAL shores in February, I'll be over it.
    But I want it now! *drools*

Comment

Good God I hate that game with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiian_dragon
        Good God I hate that game with the intensity of a thousand suns.
        lol. what didn't you like about it? I beat it in two days, so I thought it was kind of short..definitely not a buy unless you absolutely love the game and feel you could play through it multiple times, but it doesn't really offer anything for more than one play-through..just a time-attack mode.

i could see them releasing a director's cut or something cheesy like that, maybe even a sequel..it's a really nice game ..insane graphics for ps2. my only gripes were the framerate just bothered me a little at times(15-30..seemed like 15 on the ENTIRE ending cinematic, what a shame) and it could have been longer, more extras, and the controls could have been a bit better in some areas.
        If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by romis138
          lol. what didn't you like about it? I beat it in two days, so I thought it was kind of short..definitely not a buy unless you absolutely love the game and feel you could play through it multiple times, but it doesn't really offer anything for more than one play-through..just a time-attack mode.

i could see them releasing a director's cut or something cheesy like that, maybe even a sequel..it's a really nice game ..insane graphics for ps2. my only gripes were the framerate just bothered me a little at times(15-30..seemed like 15 on the ENTIRE ending cinematic, what a shame) and it could have been longer, more extras, and the controls could have been a bit better in some areas.
          What I didin't like about it? EVERYTHING. I mean, im more of an action guy. The art style and the graphics were epic, yet poorly excuted, The gameplay sucked ass, I hate boss only games, The horse seemed retarted and unrealistc, the guy looks like a dork, the story has been done a 1000 times before, and well... I would take forever to finish this list.

Comment

I don't think there's ever been something like SotC >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556
              I don't think there's ever been something like SotC >_>
              There hasn't and of all the killer games released this year, Shadow Of The Colossus easily ranks up as my GOTY. Visually stunning from both the art design and graphics and an emotionally gripping and involving story, there hasn't been anything this original and fulfilling in a long time.

Comment

I've gotta agree with Simo. And I've only played the demo(too broke to buy the game).

Comment

I agree the guy looked really stupid(the model itself..the neck on him was really messed up and looked weird like a lizard) and the horse was annoying at times..should have implemented something to turn around automatically at cliffs. Kind of a pain to get on the horse sometimes, too..should have had a seperate button for that instead of the jump button..then the controls would be almost solid. Other than the choppyness, I really liked it..

Did anyone else get nostalgia of old school NES/PC gaming? I don't know what it was, maybe the going out and slaying these giants or riding around in vast open areas..but the game really touched down an old school feel for me.
                  If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

I haven't played this game, but my friend has it. The concept to me is a very interesting one. Make a game that features on discovering different methods of defeating gigantic bosses. However, I think if you’re going to make a game based SOLELY off of that, it needs to heavily delve into the different methods you can use. The ones featured in the game, such as climbing certain body parts, knocking off certain pieces of armor, is nice, but it’s not really more than what we’ve already seen in games that feature similar boss battles. All and all, to me, from my position of observation, seems like an innovative idea, but not enough for a complete game.

Comment

Working...
                    X