Silent Hill Play Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill Play Novel

So, with the translations for this game finally up on GameFaqs (they have been for a while, really, I just didn't notice) I've been playing this game again. I've finally beaten it...well, beaten it and been able to do more than wonder at what that pretty picture means.

I've been focused on Harry for now, trying to get some of his odder endings. Some of them are really mind twisters, I gotta admit. Especially stuff like:

Spoiler:

All told I think there are about eight different endings, only two of which seem to match the PS games. The others are just pure crazy. Good fun though. And I like it when you get to call home on the infamous blue phones...

Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone has any details on the Boy Survivor in the third, extremely rare scenario. Or even if anyone has a copy of his game since the download facility for it was Japan only and no longer exists. Must be pretty valuable to Silent Hill loonies like myself...

Supposedly the boys scenario was a Mobile only content scenario?
    I played a net version of it, its not very long, and I think theres only 1 ending.
    Look for Valtiels Silent Hill site, I think she had it on there.

Comment

...the boys scenario was playable online? I thought it was only the starts of Harry's scenario, up to the school, that made it online and translated.

I know the boy, Andy I think his name is, had a scenario that was only available to download after you'd beaten the game, and is damned hard to find now since the server is gone. So the only people likely to have it are Japanese gamers.

Comment

I played this AGES ago and even wanted to patch the game so that it would be in proper English, I recall asking Carn to help me out back in the day but the project never really took off

As for the game itself - had the pleasure of playing it AGES ago back in the day, including this rare scenario. The scenario had you playing as Andy, who was a boy who had a crush on Cheryl and was hiding in the back of their car on the way to Silent Hill. Naturally when it crashed Andy went on his own "adventure".

I also remember Alessa being saved by Cybil from a drain or something - am I remembering correctly?

My copy has long gone now, however, sold on eBay ages ago.

Comment

That's a shame Nemesis...I'm having a hellish time finding one with it on. Or one at all for that matter.

Dunno about the Cybil scenario, I haven't touched it yet. I've been getting all the additional endings to Harry's game. There are quite a few but I've got them all now.

Endings A and B
          Spoiler:

Endings C1 and C2
          Spoiler:

Endings D1 and D2
          Spoiler:

Endings E1 and E2
          Spoiler:

In other words...crack city.

Nemesis, can you remember anything else about Andy's scenario? All I can find are a few details about his 'Spring' Scenario and apparently he had four.

Comment

Unfortunately no. This may not be 100% true, but I remember SOMETHING happening to do with one of the children strangling the other. Something to do with Andy's love for Cheryl or something.

It got really weird.

It's really annoying because I didn't even think it was rare back in the day and sold it because I was not using it at all.

They are very interesting though, I share your thoughts on that. The endings are amazing "what if" scenarios.

I hear the Cybil scenarios were actually in the original game too

Comment

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. We know the folks wanted to add more endings and a Cybil storyline to the game but ran out of time. So I was wondering if these were recycled from that. Especially the images in the game. The game seems to just re-use images from the PS version for the most part but during the odder branches you do get interesting scenes, such as:

Spoiler:

On the other hand, if Cybil gets killed during the game for any reason you see the same image of her death during the theme park fight, regardless if it's at the theme park or not.

So I was wondering if these were things they'd at least made shots for but never used. It's one of the reasons I'm playing through it now I have a translation.

Comment

I never really found it interesting, but you guys would like to change my mind wouldnt you?
                I don't see why they didn't postpone it to add in Cybil scenario?
                I would of so loved that.
                Otherwise, would like to play the novel to the end...
                Last edited by Gradon; 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Grab a copy in some fashion and play it using the GameFaqs translation. It's what I'm doing. Sitting with a laptop in my lap and the GBA in my hands.

Comment

I don't suppose you can take some screenshots of the "weirder" stuff, could you Moon? I can't access the game now unfortunately =/

Comment

...I can try. It probably won't happen today though.

Comment

Mhmm, how much does this go for on eBay?
                        And isit rare? Also; weirder stuff?
                        Thanks in advance.

Comment

He means images from the game that are odd, for example:

Spoiler:

As for how much the game goes for...no idea. I can't find a copy right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X