• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Icons

Im currently working on new icons.

Give your HONEST feedback here!
    Here are the current ones:

I don't really like them. This is a Resident Evil forum. They should fit the theme. For instance: I would suggest for the "Closed" icon, it should be a closed door ala RE1 with blood dripping down it and a rusty key lock on it.

That's just my suggestion though.

EDIT - Although, those icons are fine for right now. But when the old skin comes back, they'll just look out of place in my opinion.
    Last edited by Malice; 10-17-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Agreed, Im working on news ones so we will see soon..

Comment

By the way, when is the old skin coming back?

Comment

When Ice starts working on it.

Comment

Alright how are these? Of course they will be on a black backround when the skin is made so keep that in mind.

Ice hates them lol
            Attached Files

Comment

these are more like it, much better then the first batch

Comment

Eh, I don't like those either. Simply for the fact that those kinds of icons have been done to death by other boards.

Comment

Same thing Ice said..ugh. This is so frustrating with him constantly leaving AIM without saying anything mid conversation. Hes probably never going to do anything on the site ever again. He is at work 8 hours a day and when he gets home he just hangs around with the same people every day. Beleive it or not the sites been 99% done for 2 years now design wise. All we need is the characters page finished and its ready to be filled with content. Sad, isnt it?

This happens every couple months. I get pissed at his lack of work, then he says hes gonna do something and he never does. Rinse and Repeat. Well Im getting pretty god damn sick of this. Ive spent a lot of time and money in this and I want the time I have spent on the site to mean something.

He hasnt even responded to me when I told him I need a quick contest page made up, so if he doesnt get that page (SIMPLE if you know HTML, which HE DOES) up to me by the 25th then I cant have the contest.

Its just stupid now, Its been like 3 years in the making now and what do we have to show for it? A whole lot of PHP that needs re-tooling and HTML which the bulk of it was made in the first 2 months of re-creating the site.

Some of you might say that he is off enjoying life. Well if thats the case he should just drop the charade and say hes not going to do THIA anymore so I can just take over. The only problem is Im not as versed in HTML/PHP/CSS as him, and he can make site graphics a lot better than me. I dont wanna make a site that looks like shit.

The only time he works on the site is when Im at his house, which doesnt happen often since I dont get vacation days from work, EVER and if I do I risk being fired. I took off 2 days a while back and we got some stuff done but it wasnt a long enough stay to get good stuff done!

Bottom line: It appears that he needs to be with me in person in order to work on the site. I cant go up his house without being fired, and he cant really get days off either much.

Comment

Well, I don't wanna get in the middle of this. But I have an opinion and am entitled to express it. So I will.

Ice, I don't know you, but from what Dot has told me, you don't seem too dedicated to the site. And if that's true, why don't you just hand the site over to Dot? I mean, if you really don't feel like working on it, why not forget it? Dot could find somebody to do the HTML, so you wouldn't have to bother anymore.

Plus, you pay $100 a year(from what Dot told me) on the site, so in the end all you're doing is losing money by half-assing it. Think about it, either work on the site 100%, or hand it over to somebody who would be willing to shell out the $100 and work his ass off on the site. I really don't see any other way around it as the site itself is only going to suffer if you don't do something about it.

Comment

To boot, we did have the big server a while back and I decided to cancel it since he wasnt doing any work. I was spending nearly 200$ for it a month back then.

Im willing to renew our current host 100$ for a year fine, since thats not really a big deal but he has to get working on this damnit. Id like to see us finish it together but if it keeps at the current rate it wont happen period. So Id rather seperate him from the site if need be and finish it either myself or with someone who can do the quality level that he can produce in HTML/PHP/CSS.

Comment

here's a dumb suggestion, how's about using BOW's faces as icons :p

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                          1. Beleive it or not the sites been 99% done for 2 years now design wise. All we need is the characters page finished and its ready to be filled with content......

2. Its just stupid now, Its been like 3 years in the making now and what do we have to show for it? A whole lot of PHP that needs re-tooling and HTML which the bulk of it was made in the first 2 months of re-creating the site.......

3. The only time he works on the site is when Im at his house, which doesnt happen often since I dont get vacation days from work, EVER and if I do I risk being fired. I took off 2 days a while back and we got some stuff done but it wasnt a long enough stay to get good stuff done!
                          1: As for the site being 99% done for two years... No. After the site died originally, I started the original redesign which took about a month or so (Not working, not going to school, barely leaving the house) and I was not happy with it after some time. I scrapped the whole thing and started again (Happens A LOT when designing, for those who don't know) and the new design (Which you see on the site now) was started and the design itself was mostly done about two and a half years ago. At that point is when I started college and shortly after a fulltime job. For about a year and a few months I was so busy with that I had no time for the site. Then like a good 8-9 months ago the bulk of the design was done and I was tweaking/finalizing the coding for the pages (PHP stuff). After the coding seemed 'done' we had this server we're on now and we tried putting some downloads up... It crashed the server 3 or more times because of bad coding on my part. I don't know PHP enough to do it RIGHT. Dot's friend Andrew is really skilled in PHP and he was/is willing to help get it done right. A fair amount more tweaking to design/code was done in the past like 4-5 months. And that's where we are now...

2: See above about coding... It was NOT there from the start. The design was though, not the coding (The PHP part took the longest due to the fact that I knew nothing about PHP when I started).

3: Don't stretch saying "the only time" I work on the site is when you're here. You've been here once in like the past 2 years easily and when you were here, you played videogames while I worked (That pissed me off because of all his talking up of working on the site and he only wrote a paragraph for something that isn't even done yet in the two days he was here). Don't forget to mention when I took 3 days off (On the contrary to what Dot would say), by dropping everything I was doing/planning on doing, that weekend on minutes notice and drove down to work a lot on the site (Even when Dot was too tired to stay up and work, I stayed up for hours past). I got the whole forum virtually done (You may have noticed at one point the forum matched the main site perfectly)... Then about 2-3 days later, Dot accidently deleted all that work that was done. That didn't piss me off, what did was when Dot persisted to bitch and moan that I wasn't working... *Thumbs up* Good job.

And the initial 100 dollars for our current host was all my money... It was the uber host that we split payment on. So don't say you're 'losing money' on this. Nobody told you, or forced you to buy anything... I've said a few times I'd pay for everything. You making a decition to buy something for something doesn't give you the right to bitch about wasting money... As far as I can recall I've never even suggested you buy anything. Don't think I'm not grateful for what you have bought, I am, but don't bitch at me like I forced you to do it.

I agree that it's rediculous sometimes how little I get done on the site but let me assure you I do not sit here on my ass staring at a computer screen being like "I don't feel like it". Doing this web site, designing and compiling HTML is something I love doing in my spare time, it's FUN. But when someone (DOT) is standing over my shoulder saying get it done or else EVERYDAY (Virtually), it seems less like fun and more like a job. It's my hobby, like playing guitar and other things... It is NOT my job.

And more on what I actually DO do with my time... I work usually 6 days a week, when I get home, I typically check my usual shit online, people tend to be over (Just tonight someone was in my room when I got home playing RE4 along with 3 other people in the other room all wanting to do shit) and I am not cool with blowing off friends for something that CAN wait. Lots of random stuff happens usually at night for me... Example, tonight I drove all around (1:20am'ish to 5:20am'ish) with my roommate, teaching him how to drive... Because he doesn't have a license and he NEEDS one. Here it is almost 6am and I gotta be up for work at noon. This happens a lot... I'm not in school this semester because I realized I wouldn't have time for what I do on an everyday basis right now. I wouldn't stop my schooling for no fucking good reason, if I ain't got time for that I probably don't for the site at the moment... I've things to figure out in life, where I'm going to be at the end of the month or next month, who I'll be around, if I'll have the same job, if I'll have anything (Yes life can be that drastic and series at times).

And not to get all that personal, but Dot... You have time to work on the site so much like I used to because you don't go to school, you don't have tons of people to worry about when you get home each night, a roommate with no job who can't drive and rent is almost due, no girlfriend to have to deal with and dedicate time to and your job is the least time consuming one I've seen in awhile... Try living in my shoes for a day AND get the site done, or much of anything else. I know for a fact it would overwhelm you (Prove me wrong and I'd be very happy, I like being wrong). And I'm not saying I have a hectic/bad life or even one that is all that busy. I know people who do a lot more than me and still manage to find time to hang with friends/family and have fun... barely.

Ran outta things to say... But yeah, sorry for the long rant, don't normally leave much of a rant. Though Dot has been unbarably persistant lately so maybe this will shhh him up for a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Malice
                            By the way, when is the old skin coming back?
                            When Dot undeletes it magically or I get another 3 days off to redo it all again since it got deleted by Dot. But 3 days won't be enough due to the fact that I don't know how vBulletin 3.5 works, I know 2.6 or whatever version it was that we had before this. v.3.5 is drastically different...

Comment

maybe you guys should get someone else to join the team???

Comment

Working...
                              X