• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Caption this?

Like REFAN.COM...

Excuse me? What?

Comment

No reason why you guys can't have a thread on it. Its up to Dot whether to make it truly integrated with the site in some way, but theres no reason why it cant be done on the boards ;)

Comment

There was a thread from the summer which was a Caption This sort of thread which IMO was a full of FaiL due to the format the captions were supposed to be done in. What are nice about the REF:ANB caption was the rating system it had.

I guess this coud also be achieved on THIA using the forum's photo album tool and then leaving comments on the pictures in the album as captions for the image... That could work in the mean time.
        Last edited by Project Omega; 10-21-2008, 08:52 AM.

Comment

That could work, PO ;)

If you guys want to set it up, by all means. Unfortunately, I still need to coordinate with dmkf on a global ratings system for the site. Once we get that in, stuff like this will be easy. If you notice, our features don't take votes currently :p

Comment

Hang on, what is a caption this?

Comment

Someone posts a photo, people write captions for it, lolz ensue afterward (hopefully).
              Last edited by Project Omega; 10-22-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Oh man, I used to LOVE Caption This! Do they still do that over there?

Comment

I don't think they update it very often anymore, sadly. Rombie is here though, so maybe he can chime in ;)
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-24-2008, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

The site really doesn't get touched anymore these days, Roody and I don't have any time... the little time I do have I read the stuff happening on a couple of sites, one of them being here.

[ sad rant on ]

Mainly it's due to my passion for the series dropping off significantly but gradually in the past couple of years. I've been doing the webmaster thing for around 11 years now... I think I've reached my end and I don't see the site going on much beyond the start of next year sad to say.

A lot of what I had planned for the site back in 2003-2004 was fresh and original at the time, but these days a lot of it has been replaced with wikipedia style sites and copied by numerous other fans sites and I've lost the passion for doing the work.

Additionally while I've been on these forums I've begun to notice my once formidable memory of the series and the web community has dissapeared and I quite often get things slightly wrong of late when discussing things... I guess it goes hand in hand with waining interest in the series when I don't care what gun which character used, which company is really another, who's linked to who, and who threw that damned rocket launcher.

[ sad rant off ]

Comment

I hate to post on a silent thread, but I would really like to see a Caption This around here!

Comment

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
                          I hate to post on a silent thread, but I would really like to see a Caption This around here!
                          Me too that's why I suggested it. I think it would really "hype" the site up.

Comment

So, why don't you start a new thread, I think it would be kind of fun.

Comment

Yeah, I dont mind guys. If you want to get this going, start a thread in the Umbrella Labs. If it gets a lot of a traffic, I may integrate it into the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X