RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

No spoilers here guys! Please use this thread if you are planning to go through it with us. But keep your progress in SPOILER tags. Be sure to leave a hint as to where you are IE:

I'm on Chapter 4...
    *spoilers here*

I'll be picking the game up tomorrow

I'm currently on chapter 10, who else is playing?

Comment

I'm a little lost with the release date. The PC version is in the market already?

Comment

Its out..today officially. Oct 21st, at least in the US. I'll be going to pick it up

Comment

I'm only up to the second save point.

I figure I'd finish Silent Hill Homecoming first. Which shouldn't be too long now, I think

Spoiler for SH:HC
          Spoiler:

Comment

I'll pick it up on the 24th, which is release date in Australia.

Comment

I played for about an hour or two, thats all I could muster up right now. Other games are just more interesting, Dead Space did nothing for me in that short time. Not really all that fond of the controls, or the interface.

Comment

I'll be getting it this Saturday.
                See you in hell.

Comment

I like the way the game is presented all in real time with the holographic stuff... and the atmos looks good, but I've been let down by EA so many times with games that are all show and little substance. Really looking forward to seeing how your discussion goes to see if I want to pick this up in the end.

Comment

God, I hope it's a decent PC port. I'm a bit short on cash ATM, and don't wanna shell out $50 for a shitty port.

Comment

I'm playing it. This game's scare factor is off the charts ! A+ Job EA !

"Save the franchise, save the fans." -Dark Biohazard

Comment

Well I just beat it, and my personal opinion on the story itself is kinda meh. Kind of still a little confused about the whole thing but I think I may need to do the last few chapters again just to get on track with the story since some of it I found confusing.

I just gotta say though, the last section of the game is epic!

Comment

I fuckin' ruined the games ending for myself on Wikipedia. God, I hate that I do it with every game, even though I try not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                            I fuckin' ruined the games ending for myself on Wikipedia. God, I hate that I do it with every game, even though I try not to.
                            Yeah, thats why I don't really trust those type of sites as much when I'm playing something I don't wanna be spoiled on. I went to gamefaqs a few days ago before I beat it and I was spoiled on something because the people there are pricks and will come out of nowhere in a topic and spoil something. Luckily though, the spoiler wasn't all that great since I kinda already expected it, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                              God, I hope it's a decent PC port. I'm a bit short on cash ATM, and don't wanna shell out $50 for a shitty port.
                              I hear it has mouse control issues. I'll report on that when I finish installing it. Either way, I don't mind so much playing with a 360 pad, but I'd have preferred them to build it with the mouse in mind

Edit: Wow, yeah. Mouse fucking sucks with this game. It lags behind so much. Far worse than Bioshock, which had the same problem on PC. Way to go, EA! Assholes

Edit2: Fuck! I can't even use arrow keys for movement. Damnit. Looks like its Gamepad for me

Edit3: Horrible FOV. They did the same thing that Bioshock did. After 10 minutes of playing, I have a headache. Ugh. I'll see if I can return this (doubt it) and get the ps3 version.
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-22-2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X