i love yahtzee.

he had the same thoughts i did.

I am not alone!!!!!

Comment

<3 for my fellow Japanophiles.

Comment

Sounds like it was pretty much what my worst fear of it was

Comment

I don't understand why ANYONE taks Yahtzee seriously anymore. He never really puts any discernable effort into reviewing games instead just criticising everything. As he said before "No one likes it when I like a game".

Homecoming is brilliant. I don't understand the hate for it from what I've played so far. It's pretty much what a next-gen Silent Hill should be.

Haters should be quiet and wait to play it instead of bitching.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
            <3 for my fellow Japanophiles.
            I'll admit, I did think of you when he started on that rant about Japanophiles

Comment

I didn't disagree with Yahtzee on most points. But it's all about expectations. Did I expect SH5 to be good? Hell, no. I was paranoid as hell about it, but considering the circumstances, it turned out pretty good. I knew the graphics were gonna be sub-par. I knew the gameplay was gonna be all actiony, and not as much horror. I figured it wouldn't be such a scary game. The one thing I was hoping for is that they wouldn't screw up the backstory, the artificial universe behind the Silent Hill series. Which they didn't. The storyline was great, so that's a pass in my book.
              For a game as long running as Silent Hill, the artificial universe is the most sensitive part. And if they did something that completely ruined the way people saw the world of Silent Hill, it would've killed the franchise. Much like Capcom killed the Resident Evil franchise, but I won't get into that.

The fact that this SH game had my second favorite plot of all the SH games is a great accomplishment, I think. Whether a game is worth being a part of the series, I think, falls purely into the storyline.

But overall, I think the graphics should've been better. For certain things, anyway, like Alex's coat. It would've taken all of half an hour to make that coat look nicer.

Comment

i agree with him alot in this review, i usually laugh at the reviews but this one hit home with me.

IT was way to cbuddy buddy with the movie, ammo was nonexistant (which in this case is a good thing) and the difficulty although challenging was murderous in some was.

I ended up selling the game to FYE for a decent trade in value towards call of duty 5

Comment

I thought Homecoming was great, stuck to the series roots but at the same time moved it forward enough.

To list some negatives though, it was quite linear compared to some other outings, and like ALL SH games I found it lack replay value. Sure it has different endings, they all do too, but you don't get alternative routes to take or anything like that. The puzzles were also not as challenging as some other outings.

PH shouldn't have appeared though, that was just something for the fans, but he was out of place with no real explanation, for his visual image anyway.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I agree with Kylie. He did seem quite out of place, and just thrown in for no real reason. I kept expecting to face him or something but it never happened.

Comment

^ Tottaly agree with both of you here. But I liked the Boogeman ending.
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        I thought Homecoming was great, stuck to the series roots but at the same time moved it forward enough.

To list some negatives though, it was quite linear compared to some other outings, and like ALL SH games I found it lack replay value. Sure it has different endings, they all do too, but you don't get alternative routes to take or anything like that. The puzzles were also not as challenging as some other outings.

PH shouldn't have appeared though, that was just something for the fans, but he was out of place with no real explanation, for his visual image anyway.
                        Why did there need to be an explanation for his visual image? Pyramid Head is the punisher of sins, we know that. That's what he was doing there.
                        Last edited by Biohazard EX; 11-28-2008, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Well, it's suggested that the image was linked to James, as James did know about the executioners that PH in turn takes his appearence from. I can't remember if any of the other saw Pyramid Head at all though. Also, Pyramid Head's actions (molesting a nurse, killing off Maria etc) seemed to be very much aimed at James.

Comment

Well, the painting was in the Silent Hill museum, tons of people could have seen it. Not to mention there was also a painting of it in Dahlia's house, in Origins. I'm pretty sure PH was somewhat of a known being among The Order.

Comment

Yahtzee's videos aren't meant to be serious. You guys who get upset about it are just easily trolled. If you don't believe me, Yahtzee is a poster at the YCS forum at somethingawful.

Comment

Working...
                              X