News Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Posts

*To make a news post, simply post a new topic in the News Archive. It will automatically be added to the main page*

Hey guys, since we're getting more news posters, I just wanted to say a few notes on how I'd prefer the news to be posted. Heres a small sample of how I'd like it to be formatted, so its nice and easy for people to either read what we have to say, or just click our links

IGN has an update on the Resident Evil Degeneration dvd/Blu-ray release. It appears that the Leon interview will be a mock one, with his voice actor Paul Mercier playing the role of Leon as he is interviewed. I'm sure some cringe worthy lines will be available from that, given TheSelfishGene's words on the film itself. Thanks to Archelon for the heads up!

IGN Degeneration Release Info Thanks to Archelon!

Rehorror.net has got an interview with Ken Lally, who is both voicing Albert Wesker and taking the role of motion actor in this installment. He reveals some plot details about the game which haven't been confirmed, so be warry if you are avoiding spoilers.

Rehorror Ken Lally Interview Thanks to beasley23803!
    For the link portion, it should always be below the paragraph where we introduce the link. All words (bar some, like "a") should be capitalized so all the attention is drawn to that portion. Links shouldn't be posted mid paragraph through linked test. That always throws off readers as to whether they should click it or keep reading. It looks sloppy

If you need to update a post, try not to use "Edit:", but rather put something like

*UPDATE*

above the old news part, then you can fill in the updated text below that, and end with

*END UPDATE*

I think only moderators can edit your thread title, so I can handle that if needed.

If its a few hours after you posted news, theres no need to edit your previous post, just make a new one And most importantly, try to summarize the info in a link where we can. For interviews and such, it would be nice to have a list like this:

etc etc.

Also, after posting the link, you can thank whoever reported it. That should do it! Any questions, feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-31-2009, 01:04 PM.

will follow the new methods from now on.

how's about a little evaluation of the current posters
    Last edited by A-J; 10-25-2008, 02:24 AM.

Comment

For the most part, its been good. I didn't have time to explain this to you or X Factor, so its not a big deal that I went in and edited his a bit ;)

Greg though, if you can add a bit more substance to posts like the Dead Space UK one that would be good. Like, flesh out the title, since a lot of people use the RSS feed. "Dead Space Released in UK" would be a bit better. Maybe then fill in with what platforms its on, etc etc.

Comment

turns out i can change my news topic's title, gotta go in the advanced message edit page for that though, can't be done via quick edit.

Comment

Im not sure if that applies to the name thats shown on the forum (and thus news page). I think its just the first post you make, when someone is in the topic.

Comment

ahh, just saw that, you're right.

Comment

Remember to capitalize every word in the thread title to make it stand out a bit more guys. Heres an example:

New Resident Evil Game Announced for Gamecube

Notice how I didn't capitalize for? No need to do it on prepositions.

Comment

Also, be sure to check the News Report topic every so often. It usually has stuff we still need to post on the news page.

Comment

Since we've been getting a few RE games making top X lists on various sites, I wanted to explain why I dont want those posted. Really, they don't contain any new information for people to look at, and are generally a dime a dozen. Even from big sites like IGN and such, its just boring to read editors opinions on why its in the top whatever. The series has been going on for years, so its likely that every day one of the games makes a top X list.

So please refrain from posting them on the news anymore. Thanks

Comment

ok sure

one question here: will it be ok to post any news to stuffs that isn't exciting or we have seem before, but Capcom decided to update them anyway?

for example I am talking about capcom updating their Biohazard wii site with those short new clips of the enemies recently but everyone have played the GC version numerous times.

is it going to be a case by case or something? like say we only post if its something we haven't seen before at all? (new content, boxart etc)
                    Last edited by xfactor; 11-15-2008, 06:53 AM.

Comment

When your linking to the official RE5 site, please use the referral link. This way, if they open up more content, I'll hopefully be able to access it asap and get the still-to-be-unlocked content.

Welcome to the official site of the Resident Evil videogame franchise.

Comment

Any official site updates should be covered. Sorry for not noticing your post earlier!

Comment

Archelon, Corrin and Sunglasses have been added as news posters ;) Everyone please give them a welcome!

If any of you three want a custom title, please let me know (and what color!)

I'll see about getting some image uploading software as well, since I want all news posts to have images that are hosted here, so we don't have any yellow frogs and the like popping up.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-31-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

*Claps* Well done, guys!
                            Now go post me some news!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X