silent hill the movie game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silent hill the movie game

thats what homecoming should have been called. I should have taken the hint when they gave us free copies of the damn movie!

I tried to actually give it a second chance but no, no!

IT actually hurts to play this and see the movie given credit to the series. i liked the movie to a point, but the game makes the movie seem canon!

as my review stated the game tries to tie in the movie and for that it cannot be forgiven!

if your a die hard silent hill fan keep it in the package otherwise trade it towards dead space or left4dead.
    Last edited by riderkid; 10-25-2008, 07:19 PM. Reason: errors

they gave you free copies of the movie!? i knew i should have pre-ordered the game damnit lol but i havent picked it up yet is the combat system at least good?

Comment

no i picked up the game and they GAVE me the movie, actually told me to wait so they could unpack the damn movie.

and let me say this, the combat is ok but i prefer the old games

Comment

What REALLY annoys me is that there are sirens on top of the church in Homecoming. We know in the game's canon that there are no sirens (physically) involved.

But oh well.

Oh yeah, and The Order symbol. Not a fan - I prefer the Halo logo over the warped cross.

Comment

My stomach actually did a barrel role when I saw this. The movie was probably the best video game movie to date...but that's rather like saying herpes is better than AIDS. You really would prefer not to get either. The idea of essentially removing the first game and replacing it with a movie that's only roughly based on it does not amuse me.

Comment

I was hating on this game before it was cool bitches. Say hi to your mom for me.

Comment

...you know my mom?

Comment

No, your mom knows him.
                Ive never even played the game, isit really that Movie influenced?
                If so...eww, come on Konami, wheres the originality?
                Stealing ideas off of yourselves.

Comment

lol they prefer calling it borrowing without intent to give bak lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                    If so...eww, come on Konami, wheres the originality?
                    Stealing ideas off of yourselves.
                    Konami didn't make the game

Comment

yup, a bunch of sci fi channel wannabe directors who would not kno horror even if it bit them in the ass made it

Comment

Am I the only one who enjoyed this?!

xD

Comment

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
                          Am I the only one who enjoyed this?!

xD
                          Nope, I thought it was a terrific game. Sure the ideas weren't exactly original, but they were executed well enough.
                          And heck, many game series borrows ideas from the movie which was based on that game. I've seen evidence of this in Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil, it's just a little more blatant in Silent Hill.
                          I'd rather their ideas not be very original, and work well with the game, than have a bunch of original ideas that simply weren't that good.

Comment

Is the moive good as just as bad the the Re movies beacuse I heard pepole saying it's good and some saying it's bad ?

Comment

The movie is much, much better than the Resident Evil ones. But I got the feeling the writter wasn't happy writting a story already told and fought to change things. For example, Harry is replaced with a woman. And the Cult is gone. Dahlia is changed very badly too.

All told, it feels more like Silent Hill...but too many stupid things were changed to make it a good representation.

Comment

Working...
                              X