IRC channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC channel?

Since this is a pretty happenin' site, have you guys ever considered an IRC channel for people to just chill out in? IRC seems to be the norm for sites having a kind of chat thing going on, I used to have a few myself. XD And they've all been pretty fun. From activity here it seems like it'd be something that people would come join in so long as it's mentioned somewhere easily seeable or stickied. I know rizon.net is a pretty popular server for that sort of thing, so I'm wondering if it's ever been considered.

I'd be surprised if enough people could even SPELL IRC on here let alone now how to use it haha

Comment

Well, it's simple enough to use and such. RIC is one of those programs that just needs a few instructions for folk to use, but then again, so do most things. All in all CRI is a pretty good choice.

Except it's name is impossible to spell right, of course.

Comment

Ahahaha. I had a tough time getting used to it when I first started using it. But general server and channel joining wasn't too hard, I just goofed off and learned things myself (and through google). I had a quick and cheap guide too -- maybe I still have the HTML for it somewhere. XD

Comment

I never really got into IRC myself, though some of the staff lurk around in various channels. Theres not much point to it, imo. Especially since we rely mainly on news provided by Capcom

Comment

I remember I used to run the IRC chat rooms for REF and White Umbrella back in the day. Talk about ghost towns... Hours of nothing was great fun and then I started to loose interest and didn't feel like setting up a Channel Admin bot or whatever to make sure no one messed with any of the settings for the channel...

Comment

Working...
            X