Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition Pics + Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition Pics + Details

I just got back from EBGames, after braving the idiot drivers around here who turn a nail biting 10 minute drive into a 45 minute one I can say it was worth it. The premium edition is MUCH better done than the Collectors Edition for Gamecube. Its made of a clear, see through PS2 case with a fine sandpaper like metal coating over the entire outside of the case. It has the normal RE4 cover over it as well, no soild color BS here! I managed to snag another demo of RE4 off them, They only received one of them in! Also pictured is the Brady Game guide which is as usual (anymore) very high quality. The Shirt you get with pre-orders is also pictured, its a Chainsaw with the RE4 logo over it. The RE4 Prolouge booklet is the same as the Gamecube Version, it just has a different cover. Onto the pictures:

More details to follow as I explore the making of disc!

Updates:

It looks like the Making of is the same as the Gamecube Version. Ill be looking into all of this further to confirm however at first glance its exactly the same.

Only one trailer if you dont press any buttons at the main screen is shown. It does not alternate between two different ones like the demo.

Cutscenes are still pre-rendered apparently. More details on this as I progress.

Aiming seem tighter, this is much better! Yep aiming is much easier now compared to the demo. This is great so far!

I have put the game down for a while to get some of my impressions down. As my previous statments may suggest this is a much more enjoyable experience than the demo was. Aiming is a joy, thanks to Capcom tightening up the analog and removing the dead zone. Your "Crosshair" now goes to the spot you would suspect while aiming. Models are still low poly but thats about the only complaint I have so far, and its hardly noticable once you get beyond the initial Ganado encounter.

Im checking now to see if any of the graphics have changed from the demo.

It looks like Capcom has fixed some of the "clipping" issues with Leon. Namely his coat going inside his body at times. Good to see a fix was instituted.

Fog has also been added to area's which previously didnt have it in the demo. Its most evident in the village area.

Other than those small things the Graphics remain relativly the same.

Just a reminder, the contest will be starting in little over 4 hours from now. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the contest rules or just want to brush up, you can read the FAQ for it by clicking here.

Also note that I have turned off Searching, Private Messaging, and New User Registrations to prevent an hiccups during this time. If you need to contact me, I can be reached on AIM with the name "Dot50Cal".

For those who need more time to decide IGN has posted up a video review of RE4. You can check that out by clicking here.

W00t... Wish I had money to buy mine today... I gotta check Gamestop see what they did for preorders and get em!

Comment

Lemme know too, Cause im not sure what the retail outfits are offering!

Comment

Excellent stuff, Dot!

Since I'm spending my cash on Shadow Of The Colossus I can only rent RE4 which probably won't be no sooner than Friday. :doh:

Comment

Argh heh So many people with money issues! I myself am broke until Friday..But its gonna be an agonizing few days without those figures! Also we cant host anymore videos until October is up, so look forward to some videos (Possibly of new stuff) when November 1st rolls around

Comment

I want that Resident Evil Prologue book it never appears on ebay.

I pre ordered the PAL limited edition one today it has a guide book with it and some other book hopefully one is the Prologue.

Comment

Hey it looks like even though the cut scenes are pre rendered , they are still generated by the ps2 re4 graphics engine and not just rips from the GC version. Just as the cut scenes look better that gameplay on the GC andhave little quirks ( like the houses staying intact in the cut scene after beating el gigante, or enemies disappearing while breaking though the window), it could be the same on the ps2.
              Could it be due to the cut-scene viewer?

Anyway notice the difference in this comparison : ps2 on the right gc on the left http://img491.imageshack.us/my.php?i...parison5wc.jpg

Comment

They arent being rendered by the PS2. The PS2 is just playing a movie. This sucks, My game crashed while saving. I noticed saving was taking a while too but this time its a full on freeze.

Comment

Working...
                X