Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich "otherworld transformation" do you like the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich "otherworld transformation" do you like the most?

Like the title says, wich Silent Hill transformation-pasingtotheotherworld do you like the most?:
    - Silent Hill: I don't really know how it was, but after seeing a few videos on youtube, I have a general idea: it was like SH2's otherworld, just that with less graphics (correct me if I'm wrong).
    - Silent Hill 2: what I sead above (better graphics than the first one).
    - Silent Hill 3: it was a little diferent, I think here is when they started to change it. In some parts the walls would SHINE, like if they were on fire (a strange fire) or something, I didn't like that much, it was confusing. Up to this game, the "otherworld transformation" was introduced EVERY (again, correct me if I'm wrong) time by a video, in wich the character asked himself/hersel what was going on (the first time it hapened, the they would say something like: not againe!).
    - Silent Hill 4: NO IDEA HOW IT WORKS OR ANYTHING AT ALL. I just started playing, everything seems from the otherworld, but at the same time it doesn't because it doen't have rust and all, the "red atmosphere" is missing. Maybe its later in the game, I really don't know.
    - Silent Hill Origins: here is were things really change: you deside when to enter the otherworld. I thought it was very well done. It transformed the hole game into a puzzle (it allready was, so it transformed it MORE into one); it was fun and the change was for good, but ONLLY if it remained on this game, I don't want other games to use this too. I think the otherworld wasn't anything form the otherworld (hahahahahahaahahahaha); no, really, I though it didn't change that much form the other games, so it was ok.
    - Silent Hill Movie: I know its not part of the story, but I must ask if you liked it. I though that... it... was... brilliant!!!!!!!!! they changed an ecential part of the games, and it was great, they were really originals and they just hit the right spot, you could feal the world tearing apart. [if you want you can say: wich otherworls transformations did you like most from the games, and if you liked the world transformation form the movie].
    - Silent Hill Homecoming: .................................................. ............... oh! its brilliant!... wait a second! this is a game! not the movie!!!. In the movie it was original and all, but bring it to the game series (just like much other things) isn't that great, I mean, I must admit that it looks fantastic (haven't played the game yet, I hate buying from internet) but I would have loved it to stay on the movies (all the next movies to use that efect) and that the games remained like the others. I really don't care, i't looks fine, and if the story is good, then there woun't be any problems.

My favourite one is in SH2 and SOME parts from SH3; and yes, I like the way they present the otherworld in the movie.

<hey, you guys like this type of threads? if you do, tell me and I'll keep on bringing them, I have plenty of things to say about Silent Hill (maybe not a thread like this one, this one was a bit stupid). And I would LOVE to know HOW to make a poll .>
    Thanks for reading

No, the otherworld in SH1 was nothing like the one in SH2. Otherworld in SH2 was just a dark and dirty version of the real world (SH streets and the hospital), SH1 though was more like SH3, with blood everywhere, disturbing bodies hanged behind bars, huge fans and gratings everywhere (streets of the city, especially later in the game, were all gratings and there were nothing below them - only darkness).

Comment

Actually, RE3 had 2 versions of Otherworld. One being like in SH1, where everything was rusty and walls made of mesh and stuff. And the other being like what you see in the hospital, and some rooms at the end, where the walls literally look alive, bleeding, pulsating, etc. Which, I thought was the most gruesome otherworld in any SH game.

But... Which one I liked the most? Probably SH2. I liked the fact that, despite being dirty and gritty, it was still recognizable for what it used to be. I dunno, just something about it that appealed to me the most.
      But yeah, that bleeding version in SH3 was by far the scariest.

Comment

Yes, does were the parts I liked from SH3.
        I'm sorry, I didn't see much SH1 videos, I didn't want to get spoiled, if you say its more darker than SH2's otherworld, I believe you

Comment

Well, SH1 had simple darkness, which was pretty straighforward. But I wouldn't even call it 'otherworld.' So the actual otherworld in SH1 would be pretty much like the Amusement Park in SH3.

Comment

Oh! really? and Mr Zombie calls SH2's otherworld just a dark and dirty version of the real world?? but, now that I think about it, it's not that bad, it's like abandoned and scary, isn't it?

Comment

Yeah, exactly. I mean... The thing is... In SH2, NORMAL world is usually dark and dirty. So the other world is a darker and dirtier version of THAT world. And it is different. Like, some doors look like they got drapery over them, broken concrete, garbage, etc. It is a lot more creepy than it sounds.

Comment

And Sh4? does it go to the otherworld? or the game is already in the other world?

Comment

Umm... Actually in SH4, it varied, not by the world, but by the room. You're in a normal (still gritty and dirty) world, but then you'll go through a door and you'll be in a room with mesh walls, or bloody, rusty walls. You'll keep going, and you'll be in a room whose architecture which makes no sense at all. It's pretty effective. But there's no black and white toward which world you're in, in SH4.

Comment

Oh, I see, thanks. I'll keep playing now SH4, seem like an interesting story.

Comment

It is. It's really an underrated game.

Comment

Adding to the whole dark and gritty SH2 Otherworld... Some places in that game feel like not only are they just horrible places to be... but they don't exist. Like the long staircase to the old prison from the 1800s. And a labyrinth below that. I really doubt that those places still exist (if they ever did), which makes it that much scarier to... Well, I'll spoiler for those who haven't played SH2.
                        Spoiler:

That's why SH2's is my favorite. It really makes you wonder if some of the places are even real or not.

Comment

Well, that's what I meant by architecture that doesn't make sense. There were places like that in SH4, but we all know who's responsible for those, huh?

Comment

Hmmmm.
                            Silent Hill 1's was by far my most scary and disturbing.
                            Silent Hill 2's was the safest for me, but otherwise pretty spooky.
                            Silent Hill 3's varies; some bits were dark and disturbing, others not so much. AHH creepy room in the Hospital. *Shivers*
                            Silent Hill 4...The Room...the spookiest thing about that game was the room itself.
                            Silent Hill Origins, well I didn't find it scary at all, except the Motels, thats about it.
                            Silent Hill The Movie is by FAR my favourite transaction, so beautiful.
                            Silent Hill Homecoming: Have not played and is waiting for release date in UK to play.

My favourite in order:
                            1, Movie, 2, 3, 4

Comment

Yes, who can forget the mirror room in SH3? Haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X