New Silent Hill Speculation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Silent Hill Speculation?

So I've been talking to my friend who frequents many forums, and he says there's already chatter over a new SH game. There are rumors including that it takes place in a blizzard, it relates to Inuit mythology (real messed up stuff), etc. On top of that... Someone found a beta track of Akira Yamaoka's work. It's got some freaky noise and then some guitar, only an intro though. In addition, the filename has a "v2" which is why I think it's a WIP. Does this mean we already have something else to look forward to?

Here's the song, btw.
    Silent Hill Endless Winter - Beta Trackv2
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 12-02-2008, 08:41 PM.

Well... Assuming it'll have something to do with Silent Hill, so I don't see how the Innuit would be involved.
    Do we even know who Konami's gonna toss this one to develop? Maybe they'll have Shinji Mikami in charge of it, and have him completely derail the storyline?

Comment

I'd be interested to know more details about this track. I have the feeling it's not legit.

Comment

It certainly sounds pretty legit, though. Although I know how good people are at making good fakes. I hope it's real though, it sounds good!

And yeah, I hope that little rumor about Inuit mythology is just that: a myth.

Comment

I just hope they look at Silent Hill 2 again. I know they said that's what they were doing for Homecoming, but I saw little influence there.

Edit: I actually just listened to the track (I couldn't earlier as I was in work) and I'm 100% sure that it's fake. The guitar sounds completely un-Yamaoka. Knowing his style, and how his setup sounds between his Silent Hill, Beatmania and solo work, you can tell a Yamaoka song, and this is definitely not him. I'd be willing to bet hard, cold cash on it.
          Last edited by randomwab; 12-03-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Sounds awesome; also sounds fake.
            Have to agree with Randomwab here.

Comment

Well, my friend just told me... It's a fake. And he made it. *sniffle* I was fooled! D:

Comment

Well tell your friend that he's a lying pos, because that song was just on a streaming feed of Teleto (TV Tokyo). Akira had to fire one of his employees over that leak. It was a prototype home demo song using his new guitar for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gren View Post
                  Well tell your friend that he's a lying pos, because that song was just on a streaming feed of Teleto (TV Tokyo). Akira had to fire one of his employees over that leak. It was a prototype home demo song using his new guitar for the first time.
                  Yeah, sure.

Comment

I want some sources.

Comment

personally i think they should bring back the pacing of the first 3, the gritty storyline is what kept mer playing each time and i still own silent hill 2 because when i bring it out it still gives me chills

Comment

No sources because I'm a compulsive liar. I didn't expect or care whether you believed me there. I did that to be Ironic. Damn that sense of humor.

Akira Yamaoka has roughly $15,000 - $20,000 in recording gear, synths, and and instruments, not to mention a salary and deskjockey kids to do a lot of his editing for him. Of course that recording sounds fake.
                        Because most novices don't have access to a studio and crew of sound engineers primed for producing big budget video game sound tracks.

It would also be erroneous to think that he should have a specific guitar "sound" and that his sound might not vary out of studio or from track to track depending on his musical goal. All guitar setups sound like burnt ass outside the studio - personally I like that old lo-fi sound. It's more true musically speaking.
                        When you step into a studio the first thing you can note is that your instruments are properly grounded and that there is heavy electronic shielding to reduce noise fields. Foam is on the walls to dampen sound. The engineer will kill any remaining noise with his wonderful array of sliders and adjust the EQ and mixing in such a way that your sound is shaped beyond recognition anyway.

All of this to say that while, yes, that is a fake... To say that you know his sound is just wrong. You would be surprised if you heard his home recordings and demo play. You don't always want to spend time making perfect at home what you know you can adjust in studio.

I can also say that most guitars can potentially sound the same outside of studio. Your sound depends on your pickups, amp, and effects. By the time you actually hear the sound spit forth from your amp it is nothing like the low signal from your guitar. It is shaped and transformed and can essentially be made to sound like any other guitar with a few tweaks or a new pedal. That is the unfortunate "way of the guitar"

Oh, and Akira Yamaoka mostly plays perfect fifths and your average major chords. His true genius is in his song writing ability and skill with synths. Guitar? Not so much.

I'm studying in university to be a sound engineer and guitar technician. I spend most of my time staring at an oscilloscope and monitoring wave forms.

Comment

The songs in the games aren't written by him, you know that, right? The vocals are written by Joe Romersa, even the ones performed by Mary Elizabeth Glyn.

Comment

Oh, I was under the impression that those labeled composers actually wrote songs. My mistake.

Go check the wiki. Sheesh.

Allow me.

Profession? Composer. Guitarist.

"A composer (literally meaning 'one who puts together') is a person who creates music, usually in the medium of notation, for interpretation and performance. The composer is the author of the music."
                            Oops.

Note that I never pointed out any specific songs.
                            Last edited by Gren; 12-04-2008, 03:55 PM. Reason: SAUCE

Comment

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I don't see anything that says he wrote the lyrics.

EDIT: Well, the music itself, yeah. I know that he was the composer. But when I hear a term like, "Song writing", lyrics are the first thing that comes to mind.
                              Last edited by Biohazard EX; 12-04-2008, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X