Chainsaw Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw Controller

Well I just got it..and after playing with it (after 10 minutes of figuring out how to open the damn thing) I gotta say...They improved some things over the GC one but the control placment still sucks. Your left hand (aiming, moving) is really uncomfortable while holding it.

Also that "N Motion" tech is just BS. All it is, is a weight inside the controller that presses a second R1 button thats concealed inside. When you hold it level it presses it. Any other way (up and down) allow you to walk. They basically designed the controll for this, as its much easier to play with but its VERY aqward and tiring having to raise and lower it constantly. Its not good for tight situations either.

The chainsaw sound is ...ok I guess. The vibration is top notch though and the analog aiming stick is VERY good, way better than the PS2 controller. I just wish they made it actually fit your damn hands. A chainsaw just isnt meant to be a controller.

If I recall correctly, the N Motion thing was announce dback when the creators stuck the chainsaw IN GAME. However, the creators took it out because "Leon wasn't the guy to use a chainsaw" and I guess Nubytech decided to change the feature...which is probably why it feels so awkward

The N-Motion thing would allow you to change the way Leon held the chainsaw in the actual game. Of course, taking the chainsaw out of the game sort of ruined the prospect -_-
    Last edited by James; 11-03-2005, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I really wanted that damn chainsaw.

Comment

They have 4 of em at ebgames i think, both red and i think yellow, though im only positive of the red.

Comment

Yellow ones were the GCN ones >_>
          I don't think the PS2 got yellow ones.

Comment

Yea, they were stacked on eachother, so i didnt really pay much attention to the system, though thats what i figured. They did have them however ;P

Comment

I'm surprised that the Chainsaws weren't more popular actually. My local game station still has some of the yellow GC ones, although I've not seen any of the red ones kicking about yet. Wish those had come out a little bit earlier cause then I could have used it to compliment my halloween costume. But still considering they didn't make so many of them, has been at least 8/9 months since the PAL ones first came out.

Comment

What the shit? A store in the UK actually had it in stock? I had to wait months on it and it got stuck in customs. That is outrageous, how much is it in gamestation? Also what gamestation is it?

Comment

If you are looking for one in the Scotland at least they aren't hard to come by. Seriously the big game Station in Edinburgh has like two of them I think and there's at least one in Dundee that I seen last time I was there. £38 for each one but that doesn't seem so expensive all things considered.

Comment

Working...
                  X