PDA

View Full Version : O Canada

BioHazardBlade
11-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Greetings fellow undeads. I just returned from a week long trip to Niagara Falls, Ontario (Canada). Ergo, I have a few things to say about Canada since this is the first time I've been there.

It started when we arrived at border patrol / Customs. I asked the customs officer where I needed to go to turn around, because I had things that I needed to keep in a lockbox in the US before I crossed the border. He asked what items I needed to return to the US, and I rattled off a list of all potentially offensive items. We were told to park, and then immediately detained, patted down, locked in a room, interrogated, our rental car searched, all of our luggage strewn about, and made to wait over half an hour before they decided that my sidearm (Heckler & Kock USP .40 police issue) would be confiscated and held until I left Canada. Okay, that's fine, I can agree to not being able to bring a firearm across borders, and so long as I get it back, whatever, cool. The also confiscated my steel baton and my pocket knife, told me that the above items will be confiscated and destroyed. The steel baton (read: Milla Jovovich RE2 style baton) was not listed as a restricted or prohibited item, but they deemed it a "dangerous concealable weapon" that I "was supposed to know that I couldn't bring into Canada" despite no regulations neither posted nor on their prohibited items list on their website mentioning the item. The other item, a pocket knife, the officers deemed a "switchblade knife" because it was easy to open with one hand. Wow, switchblades are illegal in the United States, and I've been searched by our police at least three different times, and nothing was said of the knife. While asking if I could take these items back to the US which I had intended on in the first place, they threatened to arrest me (and my friend which had NO weapons). Keep in mind that I was very courteous and willing to comply during this entire process, and cooperated fully. So finally, completely disarmed and getting $30 dollars worth of anti-getting-my-ass-mugged-gear and a half an hour of our time, we were allowed to pass, as guards kept their hands on their guns as we pulled away. What a warm welcome.

After arriving there, we noticed several good-to-know facts the tourism guides don't tell you. They stop selling beer at 9pm, it costs double sometimes TRIPLE what we pay for it in the states, our hotel parking was $13 per day, food costs at least twice as much, gas costs $3.50 per gallon, they don't have American cigarettes, and tax is 16.5%. Wow, there went some hard earned dollar bills.

So being back in the states now (after nearly being arrested in Ohio too for LEGALLY carrying weapons) I can buy beer until 3am at rock bottom prices, I can carry my guns anywhere within reason without being hassled, and I can eat lunch for under five bucks.

Now, you may ask, the moral of the story?

http://www.boomspeed.com/biohazard728/CANADA.jpg

A-J
11-11-2005, 10:40 PM
hey come on, isnt this racism

BioHazardBlade
11-12-2005, 02:55 AM
no sir, because I'm not racist. I'm not bad-mouthing Canadians because I think I'm a superior race, I'm just letting people know what to expect, what I personally went through, when you cross that US border. I've never had anything against Canada. That's why I decided to vacation there. I'm just simply telling you how disappointing my trip was, and what bad business in general the place is. If that's racism, sure.. put me on the bill then.

Dot50Cal
11-12-2005, 06:12 AM
Its not racism, hes just venting his frustrations against their policies. Sucks to hear what happened to you Rob. I know how awful it would feel to have something confiscated :\ Perhaps they were just being dicks because you were American though?

A-J
11-12-2005, 10:35 AM
well i hope no one raises the racism etc flag when i make an anti american topic some day in the near future :p

K5Blazer
11-12-2005, 11:27 AM
well i hope no one raises the racism etc flag when i make an anti american topic some day in the near future :p

What have we ever done wrong? :wtf: Don't hold our dumbfuck governments actions against the american people... What they do to other countrys is basicly no different then what they do to us. There is hardly any freedom in the us these days I mean seriously the taxes fucking blow... I just as an example but my grosspay was 46k this year.. and my net is 17k do you see a problem there? And then all the fucking laws, and then pollution laws ( i wanna drive a fucking car with dual exhausts, no cant do that unless its older then a 75). I can keep fucking going, so what the we do to your countrys trying to help (yet we dont help ourselves) by doing something stupid... oh well. try living here (Land of the Free) its fucking not.

Nikovich
11-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Shut up AJ.
Don't be that guy.

Malice
11-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I was thinking of moving to Canada one day(because I love cold weather), But if their gonna take away my switchblade, fuck that.

Them damn Canadians and their flappin' heads. ;)

BioHazardBlade
11-12-2005, 11:40 PM
They took my knife and SAID it was a switchblade. If you brought a REAL switchblade, they'd probably just crucify you on site.

A-J
11-13-2005, 03:22 AM
i edited it so no one will ever know what i posted here yaay lol

btw in MY opinion canada > USA x100, go knuckers :p

James
11-13-2005, 03:25 AM
I don't like Canada as much as America as every single Canadian I've spoken with is arrogant. Then again, most Americans who play over Xbox Live are arrogant too. There's only a few that I like to talk to....like the guys here at THIA.

A-J
11-13-2005, 03:39 AM
but the best people are those who come from countries far away from america canada etc.. right james old chap ? :p

James
11-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Yes, of course :D

K5Blazer
11-13-2005, 10:54 AM
i edited it so no one will ever know what i posted here yaay lol

btw in MY opinion canada > USA x100, go knuckers :p

I know what you said

Ha ha +1 for america (WE KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!!11111111111111)

K5Blazer
11-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't like Canada as much as America as every single Canadian I've spoken with is arrogant. Then again, most Americans who play over Xbox Live are arrogant too. There's only a few that I like to talk to....like the guys here at THIA.

Well in my opinion anyone who wastes money on xbox live is a fucking idiot... (wait 6months and play it for free on a pc... DUH!)

A-J
11-13-2005, 02:05 PM
let me guess, your an american ?

Ackart The Fox
11-13-2005, 03:08 PM

Let me guess.. French? The Nose in the Air attitude certainly fits you. This isn't your battle, so just go take your Anti American propaganda somewhere else. If you need tips on where to stick it, feel free to ask.

A-J
11-13-2005, 03:23 PM
oh my.. yet another pissed off american. How surprising.

Ackart The Fox
11-13-2005, 03:51 PM
oh my.. yet another pissed off american. How surprising.

Alright. So, the fact that I'm not pleased with your constant bickering that wasn't even called for makes me American? I'm sorry, but I don't like any sort of bigotry at all. If that makes me American, then fine, I'm an American.

James
11-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Well in my opinion anyone who wastes money on xbox live is a fucking idiot... (wait 6months and play it for free on a pc... DUH!)

PC doesn't boast the uniformity and organisation that Xbox Live does.
Plus, I don't like to wait - I don't like to be behind the times.

Money isn't an issue for me, but it obviously is to you, so I'll let you stay off Xbox Live. That's one less I have to deal with.:pompous:

Nikovich
11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
If you're computer illiterate, then a gamespy-like service such as X-box live is helpful. Otherwise the ability to use free in-game browsers greatly overwhelms the effectiveness of a collaborative system.

Dot50Cal
11-13-2005, 06:13 PM

His reply was a joke making fun of your vendetta against americans hence the massive "11111111"s that everyone but you seems to know signifys a joke.

Blade was just saying he doesnt like the policies in Canada, since he WENT THERE and had an actual experience. You are saying you hate Americans because they are Americans...You never even listed a reason. Way to stereotype an entire population!

Thats not cool here. Dont jump on the bandwagon just because you can.

Have you even been to the USA or Canada or are you just basing the Canada>USA thing on your enviromental stereotypes? Like it was said, Blade went to Canada and had an awful experience. What exactly do you have against Americans (note, you said americans and not AMERICA the country)

Does it help you to know that almost all the visitors here are American and :o I am American too? You need to quit bashing entire races just because you dont like the governments policies.

K5Blazer
11-13-2005, 08:38 PM
PC doesn't boast the uniformity and organisation that Xbox Live does.
Plus, I don't like to wait - I don't like to be behind the times.

Money isn't an issue for me, but it obviously is to you, so I'll let you stay off Xbox Live. That's one less I have to deal with.:pompous:

Actually money isnt a issue to me either, and i do actually have an xbox live account but , I only used it once and discovered its a bunch of whiney 12 year olds (and its horrible controls)... who think xbox is the greatest thing in the world... so you can keep playing on your pentium 3 733 pos while i enjoy real graphics on a 3.0 ghz p4 with a geforce 6800gt until i finally throw together my amd fx57 that im ordering soon :-)

A-J
11-13-2005, 09:54 PM
well isn't this the fun thread of the hour :p

Ackart The Fox
11-13-2005, 10:34 PM
well isn't this the fun thread of the hour :p

Last time I checked, you started the major uproar because someone had an opinion. Various holy beings forbid we have something that resembles a free expression system.

A-J
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Various holy beings forbid we have something that resembles a free expression system.

right, expression system. Which oh so suddenly disappears when ever somebody goes anti american. Typical.

Dot50Cal
11-13-2005, 11:09 PM
AJ, You were promoting RACISM yourself by using the term "Americans".

Blade said "Canada". He didnt say Canadians and had he, Id have said something but he didnt.

You still havent answered my question, what the fuck did the entire population of America do to you? Right now you are just looking like the typical "foreigner" protesting how much Americans are the worst thing in the world.

I dont care if you protest how much America sucks because of our gas, policies, etc. But when you name the population of that country as the cause of all evil, then you are going too far.

Nikovich
11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Just a bandwagon jumper.

A-J
11-13-2005, 11:22 PM
AJ, You were promoting RACISM yourself by using the term "Americans".

Blade said "Canada". He didnt say Canadians and had he, Id have said something but he didnt.

You still havent answered my question, what the fuck did the entire population of America do to you? Right now you are just looking like the typical "foreigner" protesting how much Americans are the worst thing in the world.

I dont care if you protest how much America sucks because of our gas, policies, etc. But when you name the population of that country as the cause of all evil, then you are going too far.

for the love of god.. I dont like America, and I dont like ameriCANS (for the most part) why dont we just leave it at this then.

Dot50Cal
11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Why though? What is your reasoning? I figured you were a cool guy but it looks like your just another racist asshole for no reason.

Beanovsky Durst
11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Don't blame the people, blame the goverment... They are the ones responsible for their shitty policies like that Anti-Terrorism stuff... or should I say their "Kill and Take all the Oil" campaing. Fuck that!

James
11-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Actually money isnt a issue to me either, and i do actually have an xbox live account but , I only used it once and discovered its a bunch of whiney 12 year olds (and its horrible controls)... who think xbox is the greatest thing in the world... so you can keep playing on your pentium 3 733 pos while i enjoy real graphics on a 3.0 ghz p4 with a geforce 6800gt until i finally throw together my amd fx57 that im ordering soon :-)

My computer is good enough too, but I don't consider myself superficial enough to be a graphics whore, so I can play nearly any game regardless of graphics.

Anyway, shouldn't we get back on topic and start bashing Canada again?:rolleyes:

A-J
11-14-2005, 08:05 AM
@ Dot, my hatred for america doesnt have to do anything with you all, i love you people but does it really make me an asshole for MY opinions ?

why dont we just drop this subject and say it never happened

Nikovich
11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Hell yes. Opinions are one of the most important criteria for being an asshole, especially when they're incredibly generalizing and misdirected.

And Nemesis, when you're playing an FPS game with a controller and an FPS that sways from 40-15 in moments of action as opposed to with a mouse and a constant 60 fps, it becomes less of a graphics thing, and more of a performance thing. That's not aesthetics, that's function.

A-J
11-14-2005, 09:10 PM
argh.. okey screw canada

happy now

Dot50Cal
11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
:rolleyes: Avoid the issue then. Like I said, Noone here but Blade so far has expressed their dislike for that country. Maybe you should take a step back and look at the posts.

A-J
11-14-2005, 10:34 PM
yes master

Beanovsky Durst
11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok... so what's good about Canada?... Just Terrance and Phillip... that's it.

BioHazardBlade
11-15-2005, 12:21 AM
holy shit. Glad that didn't break out into a flamewar.

Anyways, we'll drop the subject... but my final thoughts on the subject, I never said anything about America being so great. Au contraire, I think we're in desperate need of a bloody revolution. But I digress, that's another story entirely. I'll bash any country that disrespects me and treats me like a fucking terrorist.

Dot50Cal
11-15-2005, 12:27 AM
So like..If we ever have a THIA get together are you gonna be...ya know...packing? :lol:

Malice
11-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Blade can bring the guns and I'll bring my switchblade! That is, if Canada doesn't take it first.....

A-J
11-15-2005, 02:49 AM
packing... hmm.

K5Blazer
11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Ill bring the cars.... well have a thia demo derby.... Taurus vs blazer!

Malice
11-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Er, I don't have a car..... I guess I'll just wear a metal suit and hope for the best.

RuStY
11-16-2005, 06:26 AM
I wish i had a car

Dot50Cal
11-16-2005, 06:28 AM
I wish I had a car that ran well! Har har!

K5Blazer
11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Free 1984 Blazer to good home :-) Needs engine, transmission work + theres holes as big as my head in the floors, and as big as my fist in the frame... LOL

Dot50Cal
11-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I can fit my size 12 through it..so its a bit larger than a fist lol.

BioHazardBlade
11-17-2005, 08:11 PM
So like..If we ever have a THIA get together are you gonna be...ya know...packing? :lol:

Of course. I'll pack pants and socks and video games and Mountain Dew...

oshit, you must mean PACKING packing. As in guns. Small arms. Weaponary. Anti-personnel armaments. Handheld DEATH.

yes.