When Is Main Site Going Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Is Main Site Going Up?

I still see all the game info grayed up, so when is it going up?

I'll be glad to help.

I was wondering that aswell

Comment

let them take their time dudes, im sure when the final product is ready it'll be well worth the wait

Comment

Yeah, give it time. No need to rush. It'll turn out way better if they take their time.

Comment

Yeh true no point rushing

Comment

Ill be candid. I seen the topic when it was created but Ive been avoiding it. Heres why.

To be honest the site is in need of major repair. We need lots of the PHP that Ice did to be redone. He had created it while he was still learning, and during the past few months we have realized that it just wont cut it. If the site were to open today, it would have constant downtime.

Both Ice and I as we have aged have developed the same lack of motivation for working on the site. Im not sure what it is but it seems this is afflicting many of the webmasters in the community who are of similar age. Roody at REFAN has said that he views the main site as just an archive now. Dama at Rehorror rarely works on anything and has stated many times his lack of motivation.

On my side, Ive been lax due to working on the site not being fun, to not having the proper equipment to do the job right. The sheer amount of work I have on my plate is overwhelming at times and im not sure about what to take on first. Most of the stuff I have chosen to work on is stuff thats still a long ways away from being shown even after we open.

Seeing all these developments in the community recently though has given me somewhat of a boost in motivation. I've tried collaborating with Ice on things, exactly what he needs me to do but it seems we just dont have that spark we had where we could show each other our work and just use the other persons new stuff to fuel our own ideas.

Im gonna give Ice a call later today and see if he has any ideas on what we can work on now, that can be productive.

But to be totally honest, I think it would be best if all of you just forgot about the main page or at least keep in mind that its a very long ways off. Sorry to break it to you guys but I think a lot of you have known whats been going on behind the scenes.

That said, were concentrating on the forum right now. Ice needs to finish some icons here and there and the skin is done.

Comment

the other WIP skin is f*cking awesome, please make that the default one ! :p

Comment

It will be once its complete (icons and such) this is the official THIA one ;) Ice made it heh.

Comment

To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with just the board. I don't really feel a main site is needed right now. Look at REC and how good it's done/been doing for so long. They don't have a main site, and they aren't even really an RE board. *insert *fuckedup* icon*.

It'd be great to have a main site again one day, but for now, the board itself is just fine. It'll be even better once the skins are done. BUT, there are some things that I personally would like changed on the board. Just a few little things that is. Like adding new forums, changing names of some forums, relocating some forums.

But that's just me and like I said I'm PERFECTLY happy with the board right now. Those are just a few things I would change if I could.

EDIT - Also, I feel we should start really promoting the board. Linking up with other sites/boards, posting links on other boards, making banners, put it up on some of those "top 10" lists, etc.

Comment

Oh god no....Top 10 lists.:sick: .*vomit pours from every orafice*. I hate them with a passion lol. PM me with your suggestions Malice, Id like to hear em

Comment

Why do you hate them? It's just another form of promotion. Though sometimes the members you get from them are morons to say the least.

I'll PM you with my suggestions after the skins are done. I haven't quite figured out everything yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what I would personally like to change.

Comment

how's about turning THIA into a forum style website like neoWU is ?

Comment

No, we hate that all in one crap for forums. Content systems that use the forum are shit shit shit. We like doing stuff by hand

Comment

Well, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X