• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how Atari in Australia...

...continue to prove they are morons.

MARCH 13

MARCH 13

Anyone else see the problem here?
    Last edited by Rombie; 02-21-2009, 04:00 AM.

...congratulations. That has to be the best planning I have ever seen. Delay the release of a game, what, six months so it coincides with a game that shares most of it's fanbase but is much, much bigger and more likely to garner interest, cash and advertisement. Yes. I'm sure Konami loves them for that move.

Comment

Ouch.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Konami! It's a failure!
      Last edited by BadWolfX; 02-21-2009, 06:18 AM.

Comment

idiots, just idiots. i mean how dumb can you get?

well it was always going to be a failure over there anyway, since i heard it was censored.

*first post on Silent Hill board*

Comment

Well, in Europe SH:H is going to be released on February 27 -- the exactly same day PS3 will get Killzone 2 and X0 Halo Wars. I know that the fanbase will eventually buy Homecoming, but what about other gamers?

And I hope there was a really good reason for such delay, that they will at least fix bugs (especially in PC version) and polish the game :/. But who am I kidding? Konami doesn't give shit about this game any more :|.

Comment

There better have been a reason for this delay. If it's, 'Yeah, we just held the game for a few months to add a few more bugs and generally annoy you,' then I'm gonna be buying second hand. Which will likely be two days after launch.

Comment

So this is only Australia?
              Wow, what a dumb move.

Comment

I can understand somewhat as to why there is a delay in OZ due to the classification issue, but this seems like a stupid idea of a date to release it. The classification problem was cleared up some time ago and the game could have been released anytime this month. I get the whole Friday the 13th thing... which is why RE5 is also being released that day I guess, except that the 13th of Feb was ALSO a Friday this year (two in a row).

The place I'm getting the game from is in NZ and is importing the UK edition thankfully (although I could have gotten the US or Asian PS3 release some time ago), so due to the earlier release date I'm expecting it to turn up with enough time to play before RE5 releases on the 13th. But then again, if I hadn't organized that I'm sure I could say I'd be playing RE5 first, SHH second.

That also said I really should have said it doesn't surprise me to see them pull this. I've been unhappy with AtariAU (and previous versions of the same company) for about seven or eight years now. Their handling specifically of Konami products has caused me numerous headaches.

Comment

That's hilarious to the point I can't even chuckle. Just... wow.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Not a very good marketing strategy.

Comment

yeah the game sucked horribly i mean...

oh you meant the release date! thats bad too

Comment

come on guys, friday the 13th doesn't come around that often .. sure we had one in feb as well, which was a freak of nature i suppose, but still.

Comment

Not sure about NZ, Rob, but Homecoming is coming out on the 19th of March in Australia. =/

Comment

I can't believe that any PS3 users who really wanted this, would have waited this long. Given that you can just import a region free UNCENSORED version.

On a similar note, Killzone 2 and Dead Rising Wii are both out next week here on the 26th.
                            I'm definitely getting KZ2. I'll probably get Dead Rising too but I'd like to read a review or 2 first.
                            Very different games, I know but still a bit weird to launch them on the same date (...might save me 2 trips to the shops at least)

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                              Not sure about NZ, Rob, but Homecoming is coming out on the 19th of March in Australia. =/
                              Well Atari's got the date wrong on it's own website then:

Genres: Adventure,Strategy
                              Publisher: Konami
                              Released: 13.03.2009
                              Players: 1
                              Price: $109.95 / $129.95
                              Platform: PS3 / XBOX 360 / PC
                              Rating: AUS[MA15+] NZ[MA15+]
                              The local version of the game (not the imported uncut edition) is slated for a 12th/13th release here in NZ too (Thursday is traditionally release day in NZ, which is why). Stores should receive their shipments by the 12th and all out on shelves no later than Friday the 13th.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 02-22-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X