Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small site suggestion?

Hey all, hope your doing good.
    I just had a small idea, wouldnt it be cool if there was a place on the site were you show videos of your self playing resident evil games and showing people your mad skills against bosses and so on? There could be compititions and things like that maybe.
    I dont know if anyone has pitched this idea before and sorry if there has.

It sounds like a good idea, What would the criteria be for winning though? Who beats them the fastest? I suppose we could varry it up a bit.

Anyone else like the idea? Maybe have a weekly/bi-weekly challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      It sounds like a good idea, What would the criteria be for winning though? Who beats them the fastest? I suppose we could varry it up a bit.

Anyone else like the idea? Maybe have a weekly/bi-weekly challenge?

Hmm....lets see...yes, there could be different challanges. Like you said fastest time in doing [insert challange/boss fight here] maybe a limitation on what weapon you can use, make it a different challange every few weeks. Im not sure what the winner gets though, maybe a mention on the podcast or something like that? i havnt thought that part through yet.
      A few challange examples from the top of my head:
      -Defeat A tyrant by only using the knife
      -Beat a mercenaries level in X ammount of time with X character
      -Take on a certain part of the game on hard mode with out taking damage etc...
      Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 02-24-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I think we could get some good Mercenaries leaderboard stuff with this

I'll look into working on a design for this soon.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 02-24-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Oh cool! Its great to hear that you like the idea!
          I would be more than willing to help out in anyway.

Comment

Ok, sorta related to this. A while back I was discussing the idea of getting a "high scores" page up for various stuff. How does everyone feel about this template? I just quickly threw it together so let me know what you'd want added/changed.
            Attached Files

Comment

I remember being really good at the series getting awesome times and knowing how to do multiple knife runs, but now, I pick up the controller and am bleh at it. It sucks, but the only game I'm still good at is like Survivor 1 and 4. o_O

Comment

I've only done one knife run - it was for RE1 and amazingly it was probably my fastest time because I didn't make any mistakes - until I got cornered by three zombies in a lab corridor without saving. I still have nightmares over that one. There was nothing I could do to get out of that triangle of death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Ok, sorta related to this. A while back I was discussing the idea of getting a "high scores" page up for various stuff. How does everyone feel about this template? I just quickly threw it together so let me know what you'd want added/changed.
                  Yeah, the templates great. As for things to change or add....nothing springs to mind really it looks fne. If you keep the challange/compitition idea i guess you could put wht the challange is under the stage name.

Comment

I think it's a great idea. I hope that thomething like this will appear on THIA.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Thomething? Lol

Anyway, I like the idea. Streaming speedruns sounds good

Comment

im liking this idea

Comment

I approve! This would be a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X