Forum changes and additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum changes and additions

Given the lack of activity on the forum I have started trying to get visitors back by making the forum both more accessible and easier on the eyes. Since Ice still has a long way to go on his, Ive decided to make my own skin based off his. This one is fairly complete, but if you notice anything you dont like please let me know.

The skin I am making is pretty much Ice's except some colors are different, text is larger, and most importantly the menu to the right is gone (A pet peeve of Niko's). You can change you skin by going into your control panel or just click here. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and select the skin you would like to use in the drop down box. "The Horror Is Alive (Alt)" is the one I am currently making.

I am also going to be adding some new icons to help the forum along as well. new smileys (well, new colored smileys) will soon follow as I dont really like this grey color for them. The arcade has been un-installed as well, since noone was using it and it was putting a heavy strain on the server.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="6"]The new skin is being worked on still, so many images arent added yet. Please be aware of this![/SIZE][/FONT]

On any day:
    Broken images > huge main site chunk on the side of the forums.

It's funny, even with the broken message user links on the avatars stretching enough to fit "Send a message via Yahoo to Nikovich" that there's still more room for the posts than the other skin.
    Last edited by Nikovich; 01-31-2006, 12:21 AM.

Comment

So true, anyway Im gonna be working on the icons later today when I wake up. Im adding them but its gonna be slow going as im making them as I go along. If anyone has any suggestions or comments please do it here.

Comment

I like this design Dot. I specially like the little rusty looking Umbrella logo.

Comment

More icons added. Havent moved into posts yet, but Im working my way through. Let me know what you think!

Comment

For the layout I'm using, the last one, this is the icon for old post

This is the icon for New Posts

I think the new post icon should also be red below the umbrella, or at least a strikingly different color.
            Last edited by Nikovich; 02-01-2006, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I previously had it just being the peach color, which wasnt very good at all. So I took the lazy route and slapped a UMB logo onto it. Its pretty easy to tell now but what exactly do ya mean red? You mean make the peach color red?

Comment

Thats cool stuff man, I like the Virus Vials icons. Nice stuff Dot.

Comment

They have been here forever, lol. I gotta remove some of them though, as they are crap! Also this whole skin has been here for a while too. Well, Ice's. I just killed all the old ones and made his manditory but then I realized I hated the menu so Im making this one here.

EDIT: All Icons added for main forum index, and main forum view. Doing who's online ones then im going into posts.

Comment

What's with the report bad post button?

Comment

What do you mean whats with it? It doesnt exist yet None of the in-post ones do. Im working on them tommorow sometime.

Comment

Yeah, so what WILL it do?

Comment

I think it notifies admins that a post should be looked at...yeah. Try it out, lol.

Comment

TRY'D!

Comment

Yay, It emails me

Nikovich ( mailtoNIKOS MAIL) ) has reported this post:

This is part of this thread:
                              Forum changes and additions
                              The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

This is the reason that the user gave:
                              You're a bad man

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

Comment

Working...
                              X