Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor : Silent Hill Remake (for wii/PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor : Silent Hill Remake (for wii/PSP)

VG247 understands that UK developer Climax is working on a Wii remake of an[sic] the first Silent Hill.

Konami has declined to comment on the talk.

Few specifics are known as yet, but apparently motion control’s been included for torch functions.

The first Silent Hill, designed by Keiichiro Toyama, was released for PlayStation in 1999.

Climax is working on two Konami games, as shown on the firm’s website. The remake is the Wii and PSP project you can see there.

A 360 and PS3 game is also in the works for Konami, but this is an “original ground breaking next-gen game,” according to a Climax job posting.

Climax was unavailable for comment at the time of writing. You didn’t see us here, right?
    Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/26/rumo...emake-for-wii/

psp comes from the climax studio website who have a product listed for konami on psp and wii.

I'm a bit....unsure about this news. It could be great. It could also be terrible.

Nothing we can do but wait and see, eh?

Comment

it's probably true, and they're most likely going to reuse a lot of things from Origins ..

Comment

i hope they do make a remake but why the hell would they make it for the psp and wii

Comment

I didn't expect this, I didn't expect it at all. I thought Silent Hill was a strange game (in the good way), or so I was told, and for so, no one would dare to try and remake it..... UNLES they ONLLY give it nice graphics, but the SAME story (please, don't try and put the SH: Homecoming story into it), in other words: don't put the church from the movie in it

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
            I didn't expect this, I didn't expect it at all. I thought Silent Hill was a strange game (in the good way), or so I was told, and for so, no one would dare to try and remake it..... UNLES they ONLLY give it nice graphics, but the SAME story (please, don't try and put the SH: Homecoming story into it), in other words: don't put the church from the movie in it
            yeah i agree

Comment

I have mixed feelings.

Hopefully they keep the game nice and gritty to keep the scariness in there (Homecoming's really "clean" otherworld was not tense at all).

On the other hand, the game is in dire need of an update.

*doesn't know what to think*

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Spoiler:
                My GAF post from this morning:

"Ugh, do not want. Part of the charm of the first Silent Hill was based on the hardware limitations and such, and much like the original Metal Gear Solid, it was pretty abstract at times. I can see this being to Silent Hill 1 what Twin Snakes was to Metal Gear Solid."

Comment

Not all remakes are terrible. If Konami can do what Capcom did for REmake then I'd be happy with the return of Harry Mason. But they should stick to the plot of the first game but with more puzzles and maybe a few new areas to explore. Definately keep away from the Movie's church.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                    Not all remakes are terrible. If Konami can do what Capcom did for REmake then I'd be happy with the return of Harry Mason. But they should stick to the plot of the first game but with more puzzles and maybe a few new areas to explore. Definately keep away from the Movie's church.
                    I agree. I would love to see a graphically polished Silent Hill 1. I loved the story very much and hope they wouldn't try and change it much (if they had to) in any way.

Comment

If it's for the Wii, I am happy. If it's the quality that Capcom gave REmake, I am happier. If I can have it soon, I am happiest. XD

Comment

There is no point in remaking anything for the PSP, or the Wii for that matter. If you're going to remake it, do it right and make it for the 360 and PS3, you know, the two consoles at the top of the technical scale? The ones that will make it look amazing?

Comment

I'm kinda worried -no, terrified- about the gameplay. I personally think the whole melee-dodge system of Homecoming was awesome, but since the fan reaction was generally negative (and due to story reason) they won't be able to do anything similar. You could forgive the "clunckiness" in the original SH 10 years or so ago: but not anymore.

Comment

This rumors been going around for a while based on that info on Climax (I recall reading it sometime shortly after Origins released on PS2). It seems fairly solid they've been given the go ahead on another Silent Hill title of some sort, but if it really is a remake or not is anyones guess.

This would be the year to release it though, just over 10 years after the original release.

Personally I agree with the Silent Hill - Metal Gear analogy. Part of what made the original so good was the style put in place due to the type of system it was on. A remake now will undoubtedly start putting into place some of the elements from the film (much like the later part of Origins and the effects in Homecoming), retcon story elements to fit the series better, and take away even more of the (rapidly dwindling) mystique the game has lost everytime Konami has created a sequel (or prequel) to better explain the unexplained plot. I liked the original a whole lot more when it was open to interpretation.

Comment

not climax studios! they already raped it once, can't they just leave the girl alone?

and another thing, what happened to team silent!!!!!! you now the dev team made ofr silent hill games!!!!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by riderkid; 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X