Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Hill plot analysis *spoiler topic stay out if you haven't played the series*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill plot analysis *spoiler topic stay out if you haven't played the series*

Here's a place to talk about the various plots in the Silent Hill universe. Naturally if you never played the series you should hit the back button now...

For those who have played and would like to discuss finer points of the plots it is limited to nothing. Comic books, song titles, game dialogue..whatever, canon or non-canon.

I'll start with something I wondered after watching Homecoming. Laura in SH2 was maybe sacrificed could now be an extended plot to SH2? If the cult really had sacrificed one child per family then Laura could be a victim...but why when James says "What's a little girl like you doing here anyway?" That her answer was "What are you blind?". Hmm. That's messed up.

I don't think so, sorry to disapoint you, it's just that if you read all the names at the end of Homecoming I think there isn't any Laura there. And now that I think about it, wasn't she from the hospital where Mary was/worked/whatever ?

I'm also here to say that I really liked Silent Hill: Homecoming, sure it wasn't anything like the others AND it had stuf from the movies (bad bad bad decision, though I actually didn't mind that much after all), but it was good enough. The thing is, it's not like the game isolated the others, it made a few references to the previous games (like the file where they say that a detective uncovered the truth behind a religious cult, refering to Douglas, from SH3). In other words: I was reeeaaally positive when playing the game, I onlly looked for good things in it.

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
      I don't think so, sorry to disapoint you, it's just that if you read all the names at the end of Homecoming I think there isn't any Laura there. And now that I think about it, wasn't she from the hospital where Mary was/worked/whatever ?
      No disappointment here..I'm just guessing on a whim as to a possible unintended connection. Like I said about her answer to James it seemed to indicate that she wasn't a little girl at all..yet that was what James saw her as..and yeah she was in the hospital with Mary though I can't remember if she was sick too. So I guess a better question would be how did she even end up in Silent Hill is she a figment of James imagination possibly? A manifestation of Blame perhaps?

Comment

I always thought Laura was dead, but since everyone says james imagines everything, maybe she is a way of james blaming himself or something... ok, I'm gona go play the game againe, I just LOOVE it

Comment

I made a very good topic about this, it probably died down the pages.
          Just search 'Laura Controversey' or something in this forum, have a look at it.
          Some good ideas were passed around, but the answer about Laura left unanswered.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
            I made a very good topic about this, it probably died down the pages.
            Just search 'Laura Controversey' or something in this forum, have a look at it.
            Some good ideas were passed around, but the answer about Laura left unanswered.
            Hmm..I read the whole thread but it went off topic on page 2 something about whether SH is abandoned or inhabited...but yeah there were some good points brought up about Laura.

Comment

I can't find it, i wana read it, please?

Comment

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2608 - I talk about the endings in the GBA version here.

Also no. God no. Some of those endings are, essentially, crack and should never be seen again. Especially since we pretty much know the ending of Silent Hill and only need to find out if Cybil died.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2608 - I talk about the endings in the GBA version here.

Also no. God no. Some of those endings are, essentially, crack and should never be seen again. Especially since we pretty much know the ending of Silent Hill and only need to find out if Cybil died.
                  Yeah but Harry COULD have had a car accident and might be laying in a hospital dreaming it all up, right? I think the extra stuff in the GBA game was intended to be in the original game. I can't remember the date of release but I think it was out before SH2..but I can't remember and don't feel like checking gamefaqs right now I look it up later.

Comment

...well, no. We found out more about Harry's fate in Silent Hill 3. I have no idea if you've played 3 or not so I won't ruin it, but trust me when I say the extra endings are not possible.

Comment

Play Novel was out 2001.

Originally posted by himher_elle
                      I can't find it, i wana read it, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        ...well, no. We found out more about Harry's fate in Silent Hill 3. I have no idea if you've played 3 or not so I won't ruin it, but trust me when I say the extra endings are not possible.
                        Darkmoon this is a plot analysis thread w/ spoilers everything is out on the table including Harry's rotting corpse in the chair watching white noise TV.

And if you look at James finding his own corpse all over the city..then there's a possibility that the corpse of Harry was a delusion of Heathers, she was already seeing monsters. Hmm..if Cybil didn't live then Harry was a cop killer in SH3. A point the cop in Homecoming brought up as they went to Silent Hill.

Comment

Fair enough, forgot the thread title. However since the chances of Harry dreaming the life of Heather and her game while dying in a car it means any ending where he dies isn't possibly canon. So, the first two endings of the Play Novel are the same as game ones.

The C ones see Harry dies, so they can't be canon.

The D one's don't work because we know Harry fought the False God at the end of Silent Hill

And the E ones are just crack. Harry dies in one and Evil Cybil lures him off to death and unpleastness in the other.

So...not a chance any of these are gonna work.

Also, Heather's not the only one to see Harry's corpse. Douglas sees it as well. So it's fairly safe to say poor Harry is dead.

Comment

We need randomwab to swoop in here in all his might Silent Hill awesomeness and clear up all these questions!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                              We need randomwab to swoop in here in all his might Silent Hill awesomeness and clear up all these questions!
                              Soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X