PDA

View Full Version : Bioflames Forum

Dot50Cal
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
As some of you may have noticed the forums arent working again at Bioflames. Im waiting for Kim to take a look as its out of my hands. I dont have access to the BF ftp but I can say that the Forum directory is no longer at its previous location. Kim had mentioned that he would like to get rid of the forums one day however I dont know whats going on. So if you guys want to migrate here until the boards return that would be ok with me.

Hopefully they will return.

Project Omega
03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, hopefully this is just a fluke and not a purposeful attack on the server/abandonment of the forums...

Dot50Cal
03-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I dont think Kim is the kinda guy who would do something like this. Though its rather odd how the forum DIR was the first thing to go, now the whole website isnt even responding. I hope Kim hasnt gotten in trouble for hosting -you know what-.

Project Omega
03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Odd... Neither Bioflames.net nor Bioflames.com work... I would have assumed the dot net domain to work since that's not hosted on the same server... Atleast that's what my scans show...

The BF.com domain expires on August 15 so it can't just be an expired domain name, which means it might have something to do with the host. Connecting to it's IP shows that the server (Andromeda) is indeed online.

Again, the BF.net domain expires on September 24th, so it's not the domain, the host is likely at fault... Assuming of course, this isn't foul play.

Kim's a smart guy, but perhaps for the sake of convinience he uses the same password on his admin control panels? If one was comprimised, the other, if the same password was used, could have been compromised as well... Which may have been the case unfortunately...

Untill we get information we can only assume the worst, and hope for the best. Although that line of thought is rather pessimistic :\

Dot50Cal
03-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Whatever the outcome, all we can do is wait til Kim comes. I got your donation too btw, thanks ;)

Dot50Cal
03-12-2006, 05:02 AM
The main page returned, albeit with no html. I did some looking and found:
http://www.bioflames.com/images/const.gif

So either Kim is rebuilding the site after a hack or he just decided its time for a new design.

Project Omega
03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I knew I should have mirrored Bioflames locally when I had the chance :(

DyceGamez
03-13-2006, 10:40 PM
hey guys was up, man that suxs bioflames went down, i hope it comes back up, did anyone email kim, or anything like that ta see was up?

Dot50Cal
03-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Carnivol sent him an email but it has yet to get replied to.

Grace Saunders
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
If you perform a domain search, it states Bioflames was due to expire in August. I doubt Capcom would even be investigating Bioflames.

ChuckthePlant
03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Wow, still no update on this?

Dot50Cal
03-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Well now the entire domain is protected with 403 (Forbidden). No clue...

biohazard_star
03-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I think Kim is redesigning the site. Probably with new stuff and a new forum design. He already made the site forbidden to be entered so I'm guessing that he already uploaded parts of the new site and he doesn't want us to see the new design until everything's design is final and uploaded. :lol:

Project Omega
03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Well what about the known sub-domains? Like TRG? BH2? BH1? the .NET address?

Edit, BH1 and BH2 still work, however BF.net and TRG are still down...

biohazard_star
03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Well what about the known sub-domains? Like TRG? BH2? BH1? the .NET address?

Edit, BH1 and BH2 still work, however BF.net and TRG are still down...

Yea, Biohazard1 and Biohazard2.com are still fully working and intact. Kim probably thought that those sites are still nice(which they are) and decided they don't need editing. ^_^

Grace Saunders
03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
You see, when you pay for a site, you're placed under a contract by the hosting company. But you can cancel your website at any time. This means the domain is your property until it expires. Then you can either renew it or begin your site again. Why would the owner of Bioflames revive the site and forums if Bioflames expires in August?

Some people choose to have a site for a year. Then if they lose interest in say, Led Zeppelin, they wouldn't want it to run for the remaining 3 years if the domain lasted 4 years and they lost interest after the first year. Make sense?

Anyway, If INFLAMES brings back Bioflames then that's good. But I'm just saying that Bioflames could have been cancelled early and the owner has a new Bioflames pending. You know how DaMa always marks his site with version numbers. So INFLAMES could call his site Bioflames Version 2. That way, everybody knows he had an older site called Bioflames also.

Project Omega
03-17-2006, 08:28 PM
In most cases, you save money by buying in bulk, such as instead of buying a domain or a hosting plan for a year, you buy it for a few years, that way it's actually cheaper, and hosting is great since if you ever lose interest in the website as it is, you still have that space for whatever interest you may have or you can simply resell the domain name to someone else, and with the host, you could set up a hosting service where you charge people small amounts of money for some webspace... Or in some cases, the hosting companies will "buy back" the space since you bought it for X amount of time but only used it for Y many months...

Arlumit
03-18-2006, 12:41 AM
anyways, no matter how the site goes, I think that the customs is very strict on investigation of the violation of the copyright from Capcom when there are sites like that which only takes picture from Capcom's biohazard, I think that capcom may had reported to customs, or else how come the forum is not active and is expired since august?

Project Omega
03-18-2006, 01:49 AM
It isn't expired since August, it expires in August. This is common and all it needs is a renewal to be extended...

krieg747
03-18-2006, 03:11 AM
back to zero posts again.

and i lost my cosby avatar from bioflames :(

oh i take that back.

Dot50Cal
03-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Good to see more members flowing in from Bioflames. Im really surprised Kim hasnt said anything for this long. Its the usual thing for him to do stuff to the forums without telling anyone but not for this long.

EDIT:
http://www.bioflames.com/default.htm

Forums not in yet, My guess is this was a hack.

Dot50Cal
03-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Forums are back.

Grace Saunders
03-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Let me know when Resident Evil 1.5 is ready. I wanna see what it looks like. :D