10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Anniversary

I remember a few years ago, somebody made a topic about all the things they would like to see once Resident Evil reached its 10th birthday. Well I must say I am rather disappointed that Capcom have so far only came up with a port over of the original game, which has definitely been played to death by now. Even a side story with veiled referances would have been better.

Now Capcom should really try and make use of some of the far more "interesting" characters in the series, such as Ark Thompson. It's a complete waste if they do not acknowledge his history with Leon face to face. If you ask me, Ark should have came to Leon's aid instead of Mike. I know Mike has gained a bit of a fanbase following his fleeting appearance in the series, but if Ark was put in danger instead of Mike, it would have made Resident Evil 4 far more intriguing, since Leon was already deeply saddened when Luis was killed.

I think they should do away with the typical endings that proceed each game. For example, somebody always activates a self-destruction system and you've got to get out of the city/facility before everything blows up. This is becoming just a tad boring now and if this was cancelled out just once, it could open the door for another game.

:doh: Resident Evil reaches its 10th anniversary on 22nd of March It's just 18th March in Korea yet. :pompous:

Comment

I don't see any fireworks dude.

But still, Resident Evil 4 doesn't really seem like part of the series, even though a lot of fans keep saying it's the best one yet. To me it's just like another side story, but much more glorified and appealing. I know things don't stay the same forever, but I liked the original saga better.

I'm sure Resident Evil 5 will signal a true return to the Resident Evil style of old. I hear it may have zombies again, but they're still working on things. The chances are, the game may go through several changes again and again before the final product is finally released.

On a side note, Silent Hill 4: The Room by Konami wasn't really intended to be part of the series, but before money issues could come into the picture, Konami decided to work around this and put "4" on the box. So I'm thinking Capcom also had problems like this.

Comment

I said the same thing Peter, RE4 was just a setup for RE5. The only thing it had in common with previous titles was Ada, Wesker, and Leon. Everything else was new and just planned as a setup to get Umbrella going again.

Comment

I wouldn't say that RE4 was designed originally, without the Resident Evil brand attached to it, like Silent Hill 4 was (as Room 312 or something.)

Comment

I heard that Stone Cold Steve Austin's ex-wife Debra may play Cindy Lennox in the next movie.

Comment

So far, Im not the biggest fan of RE4, but I havn't beat it yet.

Comment

I noticed that companies have a habit of re-releasing old greatest hits packages and stuff under different make-up to make fans think they're getting something worthwhile. Sneaky indeed.

Comment

Working...
                X