• Show
Clear All

• Leon's Biohazard 3.5 "Power"

Trial Edition Feature, Soon.

eh ?

Comment

Bullet time?

Comment

Why must I always spell out these cryptic messages?

Does this remind you of anything? Perhaps something you see above? Blue? But look! Its in Resident Evil 4 HMMMMMMM I wonder what it means.....Cmon guys dont make me just say it outright

Perhaps saying ITS NOT A PHOTOSHOP could clear things up?

Comment

There's blue in that picture in the first post...?

I never got the full story as to Leon's infection/transformation/hallucination in RE3.5, so I probably wouldn’t know anyway. All I remember was the screen turning blue whenever something supernatural showed up.
          I guess maybe a second sight kind of deal.
          Last edited by Nikovich; 03-28-2006, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Well after finding this in the game Im assuming that yes, it was a sort of second sight. Time slows down for everything except Leon. He can move in realtime but everything around him moves slowly. However its done differently than what you might expect. Im not really sure what they did but it looks like they slowed everything but Leon down, and took out frames of animation in between. Add that with the audio echoing and it really is a cool effect. Cant wait to post a video.

Edit: wow....markgrass has just opened my eyes. With his help I am now able to access more beta stuff that I ever imagined. I've gotta split this into two parts though. So tommorow look for a small taste of beta finds. It will take me a loonng while to sort through all this stuff he just put on my plate.

Comment

ah. Well, too max-payney for my taste
              Last edited by A-J; 03-29-2006, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Max Payne is a fine game, but the notion of mixing it with BioHazard isnt a pleasing one.

What I always liked about BH is how its all possible to reproduce in the real world, and having Leon do bullet time is, eh, too unrealsitic so this is a turn off, I would have to say.

But very interesting, will you be disclosing some of the codes you and Mark did? Will there be a full guide to hacking the demos?
                Last edited by Saint_Eve; 03-30-2006, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Well it looks like it is some sort of colour bleaching that happens when it is activated; the blue of 3.5 is likely to do with the palette used. RE4 is already washed out, looks cool as hell, does his focal point change? It looks as though those in the distance are more blurry than our chainsaw loving friend.

The bad side of all these discoveries are you are left wanting that feature and Capcom never seems to hear our calls to such requests. Although I am certain the final versions of the games are the superior versions, the dropped stuff still looks outstanding.

So Dot, you are saying you are able to turn this off and on as a special feature? My interpretation of 3.5 was always it was a balance between Leon keeping sane, since he was infected, but now that you say it is a second sight I am wondering.

Perhaps it was originally a battle of sanity then in a later version he had powers in his hand right? So maybe they transferred the technology over to make it a second form of sight.

Looking forward to this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint_Eve
                    What I always liked about BH is how its all possible to reproduce in the real world, and having Leon do bullet time is, eh, too unrealsitic so this is a turn off, I would have to say.
                    Hah, well they already went overboard when they decided Leon would go from rookie cop on his first day to pulling off random backflips to dodge an axe coming down in front of him. "I received special training via" shut up. I want to know what kind of special training that is. The crouching tiger school of wire fu and ridiculously extravagant and stupid-looking evasion techniques.

I still love how when the chief walks in on him and Luis, he charges at him and throws a spinning back kick while he’s holding [SIZE="6"]A GUN![/SIZE]

Comment

and then goes unconscious after being flipped and falling on a person !

Comment

Originally posted by Nikovich
                        I still love how when the chief walks in on him and Luis, he charges at him and throws a spinning back kick while he’s holding [SIZE="6"]A GUN![/SIZE]
                        Maybe he wanted to impress Luis... (would explain why he turned Ashley down...) :pacman:

Comment

"little rough dontcha think"

yep, we all know luis.. we all know.

Comment

Working...
                          X