MSN Messenger or AIM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN Messenger or AIM?

Here in Brazil the MSN Messenger is really popular, if you ask anyone, anywhere they will either give their MSN or their Orkut Profile (lol, I just hate orkut).
    I have never tried the AIM before, could anyone tell me why do you find the AIM better than the MSN?

More people in the USA have AIM, or at least the kind of people I associate with. MSN is typically used by the "newbies" to the internet. Although AIM is as well. I just use an old AIM client as the newer ones have tons of ad's.

Comment

Ditto. Plus one of the downsides to using DeadAIM (an AIM plugin, use it mostly for logging (comes with its own client) and a tabbed interface) is that you can't upgrade without things not working right anymore. A small price to pay for efficiency...

I almost never use MSN anymore. Mostly because I hardly use it and its a waste of RAM and clock cycles to have it running for no reason...

Comment

I use MSN mainly because it's the main one I find my contacts signing on to. If I ever need to talk to Omega or Dot though, I'll sign onto AIM.

But definately pre-dominantly MSN. (or the new WLM depending on how you look at it)

Comment

Im on AIM most of the time, either using an old client, or Adium on my mac

Comment

I rather use Multi network clients, like Trillian PRO 3.1, it's the best in my opinion, Low RAM usage, basic and safe
            I'm going to create an AIM acc just to add you guys lol

Comment

Aim bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                I rather use Multi network clients, like Trillian PRO 3.1, it's the best in my opinion
                Another reason I use aim is because of it's Get File function It allows you to make a directory on your hard drive accessable to people. Currently, my music folder is what's being shared with people on my "close" list.

Its a good way to keep on top of things say if your working with someone on a project, you both can have direct access to each others project directory and fish out what you need if either party was away from the computer...

Comment

The new MSN 8.0 BETA has the same function, Sharing Folders

Comment

AIM harbors spyware known as WildTangent. I didn't find AIM to be all that useful in any case.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks Grace but I really dont care at this point. Everyone I know contacts me through aim and Ive tried all alternative AIM clients, they all suck.

Comment

oldversion.com ftw ;) Adium is the only Multi-client thing that I like

Comment

Am a yahoo girl myself. MSN has an irratating text limit and AIM is only really good for file sharing. Wow I'm a little bundle of negativity this evening.

Comment

Working...
                          X