X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear war

i practicaly grew up apon nuclear war movies
    infact i could catch three to four every day up untill about early 2001
    it is by FAR my favorite movie genre ever.
    and they have such variety at times
    Killer cockroachs,giant scorpions,hell ive even seen one where zombies are a after effect
    and i remember one where the nuclear launch codes for a US ICBM base was this

The Emergency Action Message: "Message follows = Whiskey, Echo, Romeo, Echo, Alpha, Romeo, Echo, Alpha, Lima, Lima, Foxtrot, Uniform, Charlie, Kilo, Echo, Delta; Authentication = Hotel, Oscar, Lima, Yankee, Sierra, Hotel, India, Tango." Irony:Thats exactly what happens when you press the nuclear button
    then theres a cartoon which slows down the process and shows exactly what happens in that split second as your body is destroyed by a nuclear blast,AKA barefoot gen
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

please,discuss how lucky we are that we never went to a full scale nuclear war here,and discuss nuclear war movies here too.
    oh and for the record,if you cant understand the code
    it says
    WERE ARE ALL FUCKED. and the authentication is HOLY SHIT.

Do you learn all your information from Fallout games?
    See you in hell.

Comment

spencer i dont even remember the last time i played a Fallout game,besides there not really my kind of game anyway.
      the giant scorpions and killer cockroachs in question come from Damnation alley(best post apocalyptic movie EVER)

Comment

Originally posted by adamb1029 View Post
        please,discuss how lucky we are that we never went to a full scale nuclear war here
        Jinx!

I remember I was totally fascinated and mesmerized by the idea of nuclear explosions when I was a kid. Not so much the idea of thousands of people dying, but by the sheer epicness of the blast. I used to watch the Akira and Terminator 2 etc explosions in slowmotion. I wonder if that means anything.

Comment

That you are never, ever allowed to get hold of any kind of nuclear arsernal. Ever.

Given how hideous and difficult life will be after a nuclear war, I'm very glad it's never happened. If you're unlucky to survive the initial blasts then you have to exist in a radioactive nightmare, most likely to die quite horribly of radiation poisoning. Even if you're not close to the blast a lot of water will be contaminated and I wonder if radioactive rain will occur? Dunno. Be interesting to find out. Not for very long if it does happen, but well, you know.

If you somehow survive that you then get to deal with a new ice age, since a nuclear holocaust will hurl enough dust into the air to block out the sun for...quite a while. And the birthrate will plummet thanks to radiation damage.

So, in essence...if it ever happens the human race is screwed bar a few tiny shelters with sufficient

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Do you learn all your information from Fallout games?

I'm so stashing some bottlecaps so I can get me some goooooood equipment to fight the Rad Scorpions.

Comment

Mebbe you were lucky and didn't have to study Nuclear physics at school. We had a whole term of it and had to watch: Sheffield Urban Renewal (sorry : Threads), The Day After, Disaster at Silo 7 and The War Game. Not to mention the full lot of Protect and Survive Public Information films.
              Grim times my friend...grim times no wonder us in our late 30's-early 40's are disturbed.
              All over something that was conjured up by politicians, just like the terror threat today.
              It's not about a threat it's about control. Anyone heard the latest? Facebook etc are going to be made to give up details of people on their friends lists just incase of someone being a terrorist. It's totally wrong, actually what govenments have understood is there is a total loss of control with economies, wars etc, something they could never detain anyhow and need to control us to stop revolts coz if we are not careful we will all be eating grass and shoes by 2010.
              That is far more scary than anything to do with WW III
              *eek!*

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab
                I'm so stashing some bottlecaps so I can get me some goooooood equipment to fight the Rad Scorpions.
                You can start drinking out of urinals as well. It'll only help the adaptation process.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post

I have heard a rumour...

Oh wait that's Freelancer.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-25-2009, 08:03 AM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

the day after was a desent movie

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      the day after was a desent movie
                      yeah it was good for a TV movie,could of been better

Comment

Working...
                      X