Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in Silent Hill 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you like to see in Silent Hill 6?

I think it's probably fair to say that the last two games have been the most disappointing of the bunch.

Specifically, what would you like to see in the next game? Whether it be a return to old-school Silent Hill style, a new system, whatever.

Personally, I'd really like to see it go in the direction of Resident Evil 1 and 2, with two possible playable characters, and to get the full story, you have to play both scenarios. Provided they were very different, I'd think that was quite neato. Even better if it were like in Resident Evil 2, with the A and B scenarios.

Also, I'd like some returning characters, though the story wouldn't have to be a direct sequel to previous games, but it would be nice to have it touch on them.

Lastly, I'd like a return to the more simple weapons and items systems of the previous games. None of that Origins or Homecoming crap. And speaking of Homecoming, when I dodge things and quite clearly avoid getting hit? I'd like NOT to take damage, thank you very much!

id like zombie soldiers from hell that spit acid and sneeze fire..but thats me lol
    i would really like it to acctualy LEAVE silent hill and go somewhere else.

Comment

XD I'm sure that can be arranged somehow.

Do you mean as in start off in Silent Hill and go somewhere else? Because in four, you're in Ashfield, and in five your in Shepard's Glenn for a lot of the time.

Comment

Anything that's not frame for frame of the movie . I liked the new controls of SH5(without some glithches lol), but I think the story was a bit poor. I thought the ending was pretty much a rip off of SH 2Spoiler:
        I also think that a new SH should not try to force feed elements of the movie to fans of the game. Other than that, I think the creators really have everything at their disposal to make a great game. I mean, most of the games have little or no connection other than silent hill so whenever they make a title that sucks, they just move on to the next one without much of a problem, storyline wise. They have some of the greatest video game music ever, so, obvious win. They have some of the creepiest creature designs and WTF moments to keep people on their toes, and they also have Silent Hill, which is in my opinion one of the greatest settings ever. It's a silent hill game so anything could happen. I would like to see a more in-depth Silent Hill, a totally open town. I mean, every house/building open. I'm talking, Silent Hill on a GTA4 scale. If done right, that's all you really need is the town itself. Also, I think they should take a better advantage of pyramid head. Can you imagine him lifting you up in the air like the executioner in RE5? Awesome.
        Last edited by REmaster; 03-30-2009, 03:37 AM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

What would you think of a Nemesis element to Pyramid Head? Would you think it was cool, or what it annoy you if say, you spend too long in one place and he shows up to try and kill you? Because I can see a good and a bad side to that idea.
          Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 03-30-2009, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I would like to see a complete lack of Pyramid Head, unless they given an exceptionally good reason as to why he's there. Pyramid Head was supposed to be something of a one shot, but due to popularity now shows up regardless. And that's not cool. There are plenty of other twisted creations that could do his job.

I'd also like a game that takes place more in Silent Hill. 2, 4 and 5 all seem to move away from Silent Hill in various ways, and I'd like to head back there more. Although I do still need to grab 5 and the prequel.

Finally, no references to the movie. At all. Ever.

Comment

right now i'd actually like them to go through with a full remake of the first one, but an honest remake, no additional or retconned stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                I would like to see a complete lack of Pyramid Head, unless they given an exceptionally good reason as to why he's there. Pyramid Head was supposed to be something of a one shot, but due to popularity now shows up regardless. And that's not cool. There are plenty of other twisted creations that could do his job.

I'd also like a game that takes place more in Silent Hill. 2, 4 and 5 all seem to move away from Silent Hill in various ways, and I'd like to head back there more. Although I do still need to grab 5 and the prequel.

Finally, no references to the movie. At all. Ever.
                I've played random parts of SH 5 until I couldn't take it anymore so I just youtubed the endings. So, there's like a pyramid head cameo for no reason in 5?
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

I believe so, yes. I'm still trying to work out if the UK version has been cut and if so where can I buy the American version.

Comment

That's crap. I remember my friend playing the game and was like holy shit it's the big PH, and then you never see him again lol. Do you live in the U.K. ?

Comment

I think we need to have a follow up to 2.

The main character? Laura would be interesting. She returns to Silent hill after __ years to find out what really happened when she met James (she allegedly never saw any monsters remember). We learn more about how the town works as the world goes insane around her. But we should NOT have a pyramid head-like creature or sexy nurses.

Some cool features I would like to see are:

Randomized Graffiti - The messages in blood appear differently and in random places each play through.

Level detail Changes based on difficulty - The harder the difficulty, the more demented Dark Silent Hill is. The harder the puzzle difficulty, the darker dark silent hill is (your flashlight won't show as much and items will be harder to see.

Your radio's detection distance lowers based on difficulty.

The return of puzzle heavy exploration.

A randomized mode - When unlocked, you have the option make. Enemies, Items, ammo, and Weapon location is randomized. You may be stuck with a knife for the first half of the game

I want the camera to return to how it was in 3, but I want some improvements to keep it up to date.

Comment

I'd like a return to original Pyramid Head, and only if the game is relating itself to 2 for some reason. I'm afraid of original Pyramid Head, but then he showed up twice in 5. Spoiler:
                        Plus he looks like the movie version.

The nurses should really be like the Silent Hill 2 Nurses. They were creepy, but not boobie... Ick.

Comment

Can you remind me of the differences between the original and movie versions? And yes, I agree about the nurses. As much as I like boobs, I think the silent hill 2 nurses were much scarier.

Comment

I think it's mostly a different shaped helmet, they made it pointy... Which I think just looks wrong. It's not really the way he looks, but his actions. In the movie and in 5, he just shows up to kill people, but in 2 his being there plays a bigger and much more terrifying role. Plus there's the whole 'rape' argument, whether he does violate his victims or not. In 2, it was kept ambiguous, but they don't even include it as an element in his character in the movie or in 5. Not that I’m into it or anything, but it certainly makes me want to RUN.THE FUCK. AWAY. Which is pretty much what I think the Silent Hill series should make you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:

But that was the only reason PH was in SH:H, which is pretty, stupid.

Either way, I'd like to see something closer to SH1.
                              The otherworld in that one has stayed reminiscent to me since I was 5.

Do want another, such good memories.
                              I also prefer the original battle system.

Comment

Working...
                              X