Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Outbreak is not considered to be canon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Outbreak is not considered to be canon....

I would not consider Resident Evil Outbreak and its "sequel" to be part of the main series for the following reasons:

Marvin is mentioned to have been injured during the escape of the eight survivors at the end of the "Desperate Times" scenario. It is mentioned in the Resident Evil Archives that Marvin was attacked during a blockade incident while sealing the police station.

Various changes were made to the layout of the Desperate Times scenario that were not featured in Resident Evil 2. This included the lack of a third floor, a missing door on the first floor, and a size error on the basement floor (the armory room conflicts with the parking ramp). This appears to be confusing for some.

In the scenario Below Freezing Point, several doors have been destroyed by hunters. After the survivors escape, Claire and Leon venture through the labs. These doors are not damaged during Resident Evil 2 which is very strange.

Various other changes are made to the layout of returning areas that conflict with their originals. Mixed with the fact that Outbreak was originally a twenty level game (ten levels are only featured) with branching paths, the game's storyline in itself could be deemed as being incomplete.

you can't judge the validity of a game based on few area's, the natural reason for those occourances was that the game makers didn't want to repeat the same things as before, give 'em a break

Comment

Its Scenarios. The way I always viewed outbreak was "What If?". What if someone was in the bar, what if someone was here, someone was there, and what would they do.

Comment

I never really put too much thought into Outbreak making errors, if your saying it's not an official part of the series due to a few pieces here and there then neither is Resident Evil 3 compared to Resident Evil 2, I just like how Capcom are making more scenarios in and around Raccoon where the best Resi titles were situated

Comment

The one thing i really liked about the outbreak games were that it showed your 'average joes' and how they would struggle through an outbreak. None of the hero's (besides kevin, and maybe mark) were trained professionals

Comment

What about Claire? She wasn't really trained... >_>

Comment

she was the sister of chris-frickin-redfield

thats good enough :p

Comment

Outbreak would have been interesting to have someone (say Yoko) who couldn't actually use a gun, and instead had to simply use poles and such, would have been an interesting touch

Comment

Originally posted by A-J
                  she was the sister of chris-frickin-redfield

thats good enough :p
                  Skills don't run with the DNA
                  Claire is just a "cagona", which means "lucky as hell".

Comment

Well, Leon was also a regular street cop, on the job for the first day. He couldn't have been more experienced than anyone else, just with minimal training.

Comment

makes you wonder why sherry kept hiding her 'super powers' :p

Comment

Working...
                      X