Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill: Shattered dreams announced for wii

This is not an april fools joke

“This is a reimagining of the first Silent Hill,” explains producer Tomm Hulett. “It’s not a remake or a port. That’s an important distinction. It really feels like a new game.”

“The characters play different roles, things don’t necessarily happen in the same order, and the story is taken in lots of new directions. You still play as Harry Mason, you’re still looking for your daughter, and you’ll see familiar elements, but they’re all twisted to betray your expectations.”

“One of Shattered Memories’ most significant and intriguing additions—your answers actually affect how the game unfolds. And it doesn’t end there. the game “watches” you constantly, and your behavior throughout can determine when you’ll meet certain characters, which scenes you’ll witness, and a variety of other factors.” “In Silent Hill games, the town always gets inside the protagonist’s head,” say Hulett. “But now, it’s getting inside YOUR head.”

“We’re using the Wii Remote to interact directly with the environment, so the puzzles are all based around that idea,” says Hulett. “You’re not just hitting buttons to choose things.” He also notes that the solution to a puzzle is always in the immediate vicinity, and assures us there’s a lot less backtracking then in previous games.”

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”
    It's on the front cover of next months Nintendo Power (which also has a headline for the new Rayman game)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Itchy...Munch!; 04-01-2009, 03:54 PM.

could a mod change the thread title to Shattered Memories please

Comment

what did they do to harry, he really does look like a nerdy writer now ..

Comment

I honestly thought those screen shots were from the original when i first glanced at them, but now that i look at them in detail it doesn't look too bad. Hopefully the controls wont cripple this game. It sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          what did they do to harry, he really does look like a nerdy writer now ..
          I was going to say the same thing, hopefully it will turn into something worth playing.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

If it's true, which i doubt right now, then it's a complete waste of time. Not just because it's on the Wii, although that is a large part of it, but just look at it, does that look like Silent Hill to you? No, it doesn't.

“Longtime fans of the series will also be delighted to learn that there’s a way through every locked door; no more checking dozens of entrances only to find that 90% of them are permanently barred shut.”

Does that sound like Silent Hill to you? No, it doesn't. Bye bye sense of being trapped and isolated, bye bye Silent Hill, you've been fed to the dogs, and not even the cool scary skinless dogs from SH1-3, just regular dogs.

Comment

Not just because it's on the Wii, although that is a large part of i
              if this is indeed the thing Climax is working on then it's on the PSP as well, if that fixes things :p
              Last edited by A-J; 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Not really

Comment

I love that these screens dont look as good as REmake, a game that was released 6 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post

Does that sound like Silent Hill to you? No, it doesn't. Bye bye sense of being trapped and isolated, bye bye Silent Hill
                    Lots of reviews bashed Homecoming for its "locked" or "jammed" doors so I wouldn't be surprised if the next SH game won't have those.
                    But if you ask me, that sucks. I'd rather have a realistic hospital with lots of locked doors than an unrealistic hospital with all rooms accessible (something like SH hospitals vs RE hospitals).
                    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy...Munch! View Post
                      I love that these screens dont look as good as REmake, a game that was released 6 years ago

most of REmake was pre rendered though :p

Comment

So it's not a remake, it's a 're-imagining.'

Um, wut?

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                          most of REmake was pre rendered though :p
                          Touché, "i'll get you next time Hackman"

Comment

i think it has more to do with this being a joint psp-wii release (that is if it's the same game that climax is making), they're likely using the same assets for both versions.

Comment

I'm excited for this. :V

CUZ MY HEART IS NOT FULL OF HATE LIEK U PPL!

Comment

Working...
                              X