Past to Present Launch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past to Present Launch!

I’m pleased to announce the launch (or re-launch, depending on how you see it) of Past to Present. Please click the above link to visit the brand new site and forums, along with all the new features that I’ve been working on!

What is PtoP?

That is a question that, before now, I’ve never really been able to answer, thus preventing the site and magazine to grow to what it can be. But over the past few months, and brainstorming some different ideas, I think I finally have an answer. Gamers today know that today's websites such as IGN, Gamespot, or whatever your favorite new site is, push out absolute shit for articles. They get paid to say “This game is great” or to put certain games on the front page. The members of Past to Present don’t get paid. We don’t have special privileges above that of another gamer. PtoP is a gamer’s website. We won’t feed you bullshit. We’ll just tell you our opinion of a game, or a piece of hardware, like it is. The game has horrible load times? We won’t be afraid to tell you. Best of all, we wont focus just on the hot new content being released. Old games, from the Odyssey to the Present games, are welcome! If a game is underrated, or flying in under the radar, we’ll do the best to bring it to the forefront. Best of all, Past to Present is open to all ideas, games, and features, and recommends everyone to post about what they think!

Opinions? How do we know that the gamers will get the correct opinion?

The problem is, there is no correct opinion. We know that Gamer A and Gamer B are likely to have different views on a game. A racing fan is unlikely to love that 80 hour RPG that people have been clamoring about. So what can be done about clashing opinions? Past to Present hopes to offer multiple reviews or hands on opinions about a game. The eventual rating system will be based on the views of multiple gamers, so you get at least a section of varying beliefs, instead of one paid reviewer’s opinion. Most reviewers get their games for free from developers, often times with bugs that should be out of the game by the time it is actually released. So they are forced to overlook issues, and yet not feel the money crunch that a normal gamer does. PtoP posters don’t get games for free. We don’t get prerelease copies of the “next big thing.” We have to go out and pay $50 US for that new game on PS2, or $60 US for that new Xbox 360 game. By the end of playing the game, a person generally knows if that money is well spent, and that opinion will again be presented in the best way possible.

I want to help! How can I contribute to PtoP?

Contributions to content can be made through the submission form on the website (must be registered), or via the forums. All opinions are welcome, but fanboys, or rather, trolls that hate others’ opinions, are not. Fanboy is a subjective name. Its one thing to love a game, but it’s a totally different thing to hate everything else. So if you're a troll, then theres no need to submit content ;). Donations of other kinds, be it old games or even cash (…) are also welcome, though not needed by any means. The goal is to keep this free as free can be, and provide exclusive content that costs you cash on the other sites.

So with that, I welcome you all to the opening of Past to Present Online. Poke around, visit the forums, and post any errors that appear. A number of them are currently being looked into, and worked on. Please enjoy the new gamer’s website made by gamers.

PS: This thread is approved by DotFitty ;) No bans,warnings, or closings for self-advertising now ;)

Cool.
    Looks like an awesome site.
    If you need any help, I'm very good in Photoshop and HTML ;)
    I could send some reviews too. Just say the word.

Comment

Feel free to send some reviews and stuff! Register and use the brand new submission form!

Comment

I just wanted to thank the couple of you that have visited my site over the months since it launched in April. Unique page hits have been going up greatly since the launch, as demonstrated by the graph below, so thank you everyone. If there is a game that you would like featured, dont hesitate to ask! Certain videos are in the process of being rerecorded for direct streaming on the website, so look for that soon!

Be sure to check out Substance TV as well!

Comment

Working...
        X