Movie news: Resident Evil Extinction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie news: Resident Evil Extinction

News about the latest Resident Evil movie, subtitled "Extinction" has now surface.

So let's have a look at the latest words is on 3rd part out of 4 planned is.

Originally posted by Tim Surette@Gamespot
    Like the zombies that star in them, the Resident Evil movies keep coming back for more. The third installment of the series is set to begin filming next month in Mexico, according to Variety.com, moving from its previous shooting location Down Under to south of the border. Once known by its working title Resident Evil: Afterlife, the film is doing a U-turn and adopting the subtitle Extinction.

While star Milla Jovovich was a given to return as Alice, some costars from Resident Evil: Apocalypse are also returning to reprise roles. Oded Fehr, who has portrayed a breadth of characters, such as the gigolo in Deuce Bigalow and the terrorist mastermind in Sleeper Cell, will once again play Carlos Olivera. Sienna Guillory (Love Actually, Eragon) returns as Jill Valentine (pictured), and Mike Epps (How High, The Honeymooners) will play as L.J.

The film will be directed by Highlander-helmer Russell Mulcahy and was written by game-based film vet Paul W.S. Anderson. The producing team includes Anderson, Jeremy Bolt, and Robert Kulzer; Bernd Eichinger and Samuel Hadida will executive produce.
    Source: Gamespot
    Source article: Click here
    Last edited by Carnivol; 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM.

Well I hope this movie is at least a decent movie, even though it probably won't be worthy of the RE name. I'll be going to see it anyway, I'm sure.
    sigpic

Comment

I actually like the movies They sort of remind me old 1980 action movies with a modern twist... I would love it if they took a page from the gorey 1980 horror films like the XX of the Dead series, the comedic horror Evil Dead series, or even the italian horror movie Zombi3

Comment

Yeah I liked the movies too in general, which is why I hope the 3rd one is also at least a decently good movie. I wish more movies in general had more gore like older movies used to have.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm glad Sienna is com,ing back - I really liked her as Jill.

Looking forward to this, though it won't really follow the games closely, but still, I think it'll be awesome =D

Comment

Same here, Looking forward to it.

Comment

Meh.... Im still not to big of a supporter of those movies. Should I see the RE2 movie guys? I havent seen it yet.... should I?

Comment

If you have a couple of friends, it's fun to watch the movie and laugh at how ridiculously lame it is every 2 seconds. It's a terrible movie, plain and simple. But I think that might be why some people watch it.

Comment

Blasphemy! :O

Comment

If you watch it like a standard horror / action movie it's not that bad - just don't try to think it's Resident Evil.

Comment

I would have to respectfully disagree with that. Even as stand alone film the second movie was horrible. Think gentitals and a cheese grater and you are about there. The last fight at the end was clearly choreographed by someone with torrets. Getting rid of Whit is a start at least.

Comment

Hah, and the funny part is, the entire plot was apparently a build up for it.

Comment

The producing team includes Anderson, Jeremy Bolt, and Robert Kulzer; Bernd Eichinger and Samuel Hadida will executive produce.
                          Noooooooooooo! Anderson again?! Damnit to hell, not again.....

I'm at a loss for words, but I expected it. Afterall, how can you manage to ruin the RE movie series even more? By giving the Production Rights to the same worthless jackass who fucked it up for everyone in the first place. Damnit, I hate that mothe....
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikovich
                            If you have a couple of friends, it's fun to watch the movie and laugh at how ridiculously lame it is every 2 seconds. It's a terrible movie, plain and simple. But I think that might be why some people watch it.
                            And to add on top of that:

It's a bad RE Movie, yes. It's also a bad movie PERIOD. It's as if the director was given a wad of cash and a bunch of computers and went "HOOOLY SHIT NOW WE GOTTA DO ~EVERYTHING~". The acting was terrible and monotonious, the story was non-existant, and someone forgot to tell the production crew that Latex Monsters are out.

Now lets look at the Silent Hill movie. The acting is VERY SHARP (Except for some spots, but it's kinda haha), the movie has a PERFECT balance of Haha moments and Oh no, I need new pants moments. Silent Hill didn't need to hide the camera from the gore, no no. Something you NEVER SAW in Resident Evil was ALL OVER THE PLACE in Silent Hill.

Plus, Cybil was hot. Coming from me... uh, yeah.

SILENT HILL EVEN DID INMOVIE ADVERTISING RIGHT. While Resident Evil THREW IT IN YOUR FACE EVERY TWO SECONDS, Silent Hill made it seem like you were watching people talking instead of people trying to sell something. (IE: The husband going "My wife is in there, she's driving a Jeep Liberty... Silver with Ohio plates.).

And the best part is that they didn't rape the Silent Hill story with a big stick. At most they sodomized it just a little bit, and it was consentual.

And finally? Er, Silent Hill music. When the opening slides (Tristar, blah blah blah!) had the creepy Silent Hill 1 Intro Guitar music, I knew it was going to be a good movie.

Oh, something I forgot to add. While the RE movies spoon feed you the story, the Silent Hill movie went full speed ahead. It's like a Quintin Terentino film, if you don't watch the entire thing, you'll be lost.

So, what is the verdict?

RE 2 - Grab it at Bob's Discount Videos, call a few frinds over, laugh.

Silent Hill - Watch it in the theatre. Watch it as soon as it comes to DVD. Many times.

Comment

Working...
                            X