Silent Hill Movie Sequel Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill Movie Sequel Update

Don't think this is substantial enough for the main page, so i'll just post it here ..

Actress Radha Mitchell played Rose Da Silva in the first Silent Hill film, and she told Bloody Disgusting recently that a sequel could happen. Interesting to note, however, is that director Christophe Gans will not direct, as he isn't involved with the project.

"I don't think Christophe is attached," said Mitchell. She further lamented that she felt this was a shame, because he's so passionate about the game series. She also offered that should Silent Hill 2 be put into production, Gans should be the one to helm it.

As for the state of the sequel, Mitchell says it's "being kicked around right now."

[Via Kotaku]

What the hell? I thought they've been kicking around a sequel since the first one came out lol. I bet Uwe Boll had an evil orgasm when he found out that there's no director attached If she is in the second movie, I guess it will have Sean Bean kicking some ass.
    Last edited by REmaster; 04-10-2009, 02:46 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

seriously i think they should base it off silent hill 2 or if they want to continue the story have it be totally original. original stories and silent hill go so well together, i read the comics on the SH experience on the PSP and loved them

Comment

I hope they make a sequel, this was one of the few video games turned movie that was actually worth watching.

Comment

yeah it was decent, and to be fare i thought the orig street fighter was campy but fun, wing commander had hope as a prequal and if anderson makes another gmae related movie i will tkae pliers and pry his toenails off.

Comment

This is terribly old news. We all knew Gans wasn't attached to the project because he was too busy directing Onimusha, and Hadida also left the project as well.

Then there were delays for Onimusha due to Ledger's death, a friend of Hadida/Gans, so the actors in that movie couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts anymore.

And now Gans is up in air and I have no idea what he's doing.

Comment

It is old news. I looked into Silent Hill 2 last week (before this came up) and it said Gans wasn't involved. That news was from 2007.

Comment

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

yes, terribly old news :/

Comment

So that must mean me and BLSR are forseers of the near future!

A-J, double check your "news" before it's posted >_>

Comment

excuse me for not looking up two year old archived news pieces after looking at an article dated a few days ago. My bad. :-/
                    Last edited by A-J; 04-11-2009, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      excuse me for not looking up two year old archived news pieces after looking at an article dated a few days ago. My bad. :-/
                      I googled "Silent Hill 2 Movie".

It was even on Wikipedia.

Comment

i get it already ..

Comment

Guys, I think you're missing the point here. The fact that the woman is saying the same thing now, in April 2009, isn't terribly interesting in and of itself. But that there are still some kinda plans for the movie is interesting. The idea hasn't been abandoned. It's still possibly it might get made and has official type folks involved.

Yes, you guys reported the news about it many moons ago. I'm pretty sure you didn't add, 'There was still interest in April 2009' anywhere in your articles, though. I thought the movie had died. Sorta hoped it, certainly.

Comment

The fact she brought it up in modern times is interesting. It suggests that things are rolling. Why are you guys on AJ like flies on shit? Damn.. Acting like we got a limited number of posts in this forum or something, lol.

Comment

did you just likened me to shit dot ?

Last edited by A-J; 04-11-2009, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X