RESIDENT EVIL 1 PC HELP?! NO SOUND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESIDENT EVIL 1 PC HELP?! NO SOUND

When i play RE1 on my PC, but it has no sound?! so please help me if you have a solution

That's just the start of your problems.

However, if you have no sound, then I assume everything else is running fine? No speed issues or Jill-Barry-diningroom crashes?

These issues are related to soundcards.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
      That's just the start of your problems.

However, if you have no sound, then I assume everything else is running fine? No speed issues or Jill-Barry-diningroom crashes?

These issues are related to soundcards.
      i fixed the jill barry dining room thing, and everything is running, but no sound

Comment

Well my guess is that one of your wires is disconnected, if not then its possible that it is your "soundcards".

Comment

how are you guys even able to run it ? even through the compatability settings i just can't seem to get the PC version to work on XP

Comment

I could never get it to work properly, and sound issues were the least of my concerns with the game.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              I could never get it to work properly, and sound issues were the least of my concerns with the game.
              Just got to accept that it was poor port job, only being compatable with selected sound cards and hardware back in its time, and that it will also be a driver issues.

Comment

I'm running it on Vista 64 bit with the speed issues but no dining room crashes. I'm kinda lucky in that way, I suppose.

Comment

ive reinstalled it and every thing is working fine. no crashes, sound errors, or bad textures im very lucky lol

Comment

When you install if it comes up with a red screen error ignore it.
                    Then when you come to play it try it with all the graphic card selections until you find one that works, I also remember there being a dos setting that allows you to run it in software mode.
                    Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Nope, there's no DOS setting. I dunno where you got that from.

And it's kinda hard to ignore the red screen error since you can't progress until you get rid of it Just alt-tab to the "error" dialog box and press enter.

Comment

I think might of been with a no-cd crack download from megagames it had like 7 settings or something one for each each graphic card setting and one for software mode.
                        I'll try and dig it out.

sigpic

Comment

I couldn't find the program again but it was only
                          doing the following.

Open Regedit and manually set yourself it's probably 5 or 7
                          for software mode you'll notice the order is different to how it is
                          in the launch.exe config.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\SOFTWARE\CAPCOM\RESIDENT EVIL\Display Driver

0, Diamond Monster 3D (3DFX)
                          1, Matrox Mystique (Matrox Mystique)
                          2, Canopus Total 3D (Rendition)
                          3, Creative 3D Blaster (Rendition)
                          4, Orchid Righteous (3DFX)
                          5, ?
                          6, Intergraph Intense 3D (Rendition)
                          7, ?

sigpic

Comment

Might be worthwhile for a few of us to get together and compile an FAQ for the PC version, listing all the potential problems and how to fix them.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                              Might be worthwhile for a few of us to get together and compile an FAQ for the PC version, listing all the potential problems and how to fix them.
                              yeah great idea, because RE1 pc is a monster to run, and with our combined knoledge we can create a runnable RE1

Comment

Working...
                              X