Dante's Inferno.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dante's Inferno.

I read this book about a year ago and its my all time favorite... I'm wondering though... Why has this not been made into a movie yet? I'm thinking there's enough special effects now that it could be done...

What are your thoughts on this? I hope I put this in the right forum... It wouldn't fit with movies or books because I'm not really talking about the book and its not a movie... Yet. If I did put it in the wrong forum please move it... thanks!

The main reason I could see would be the whole religious aspect of the books. Some people would be offended for the very reason that it's a religious movie based on a 'religious' book.

So, that's the biggest thing I could see.

I loved the books even though it took me forever to get through the entire Divine Comedy, but honestly? Translating it to a movie would be hard to do with all the political correctness and how easy it is to offend people nowadays.

They are making a game out of it, though =D

Comment

*looks at the Beowulf movie* Right. Let's not have any more classics ruined by shitty movies.

I did hear that they are making a game....and from the sounds of it, will suck. It's basically another God of War knock off....with some hints at the classic story.

The thing is with Dante....he wrote the Divine Comedy as a reflection of his society at the time....with many of the people in Hell reflecting people he knew, people in politics, etc. As YamiYumes said....translating it into a movie would be a bit difficult. Yes, it could be done....but again...look at Beowulf. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Oh really?! What console will this be on and when is it coming out?! I bet it will be EPIC!!!

Oh and I agree with you Rossetta they did RUIN Beowulf.... It shouldn't of been done in CGI though imo... It would of been way better if they would of done it with real people!
        Last edited by TheMedic; 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Epic fail maybe. It'll be on both PS3 and 360, being done by EA. There's an article about it in this month's Game Informer.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Really? That blows... I wish they would make SOMETHING good of this book... Its just such an amazing story. I will have to check it out anyway... Thanks for telling me.

Comment

Looks pretty ass-tastic to me. Nothing like taking one of the greatest epics of all time and turning it into a hack-n-slash.

...oh, and it's made by EA. Lulz.

Comment

Yea I saw that game awhile ago, meh who knows. I thought the book was pretty cool, just because I enjoyed a interesting read about hell right before lunch in high school. Oh by the way, EA apparently says that "Arkham Asylum" is the best game they've ever produced. Hmmm...
                Last edited by REmaster; 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bv86mnWW14

Looks pretty ass-tastic to me. Nothing like taking one of the greatest epics of all time and turning it into a hack-n-slash.

AWW DAMNIT! This looks gay as hell! They could of at least made it like devil may cry or something... EA just mindfucked us all. My favorite book... is ruined.

Comment

There used to be a really cool 'virtual tour' of the Hell Dante described, but I couldn't find it to post the link...

Comment

EA sucks. If everything Midas touched turned to gold everything EA touches turns to ____.

Comment

Honestly, y in gods name would they make a game on Dante's Inferno? I admit its a good book ive actually managed to read it but a game of this game is just awful it just cant be done unless u make it a ripoff off god of war (Which it already is). What next making a game out of Sun Tzu's Art of War?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          EA sucks. If everything Midas touched turned to gold everything EA touches turns to ____.
                          Some people really don't think. You're trying to tell me that Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Skate, Burnout Paradise and Battlefield (kinda) are all terrible games? I think you're all poorly mistaken. Let's not forget the awesome games they publish too, which include Rock Band and Crysis. Do your homework first guys!
                          Oh by the way, EA apparently says that "Arkham Asylum" is the best game they've ever produced. Hmmm...
                          Are you sure? Because EA have nothing to do with Arkham Asylum.

The amount of people on these boards who are misinformed is just worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                            Are you sure? Because EA have nothing to do with Arkham Asylum.
                            The amount of people on these boards who are misinformed is just worrying.
                            Yes James I'm sure. You are right that EA doesn't have anything to do with Arkham Asylum "Now", but they were working on the original Batman game which would follow the plot of "The Dark Knight". Of course, after having multiple fuckups during development, the game was rushed through Pandemic studios and finally dropped. So, since EA only owns the rights to the Batman films, they passed it on to Eidos which owns the rights to the comics. Thus, Arkham Asylum was born, and it's shaping up to be a decent looking game. EA stated that the game is looking to be one of the most impressive games they've seen this year, although like you said, they no longer have any affiliation with the game.

Edios said this:
                            "It's as close to perfect as we've ever come ..."
                            - Eidos' head of UK marketing, Jon Brooke, on Batman: Arkham Asylum
                            And yes, I also agree that EA isn't crap, everyone has their wins and losses...some just more frequent than others lol.
                            Whew, James is laying it down, but you're absolutely right, people need to check their facts

Last edited by REmaster; 04-29-2009, 04:25 AM.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                              this just made my day.

Comment

Working...
                              X