Main page sorted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main page sorted!

FINALLY! News posters rejoice! The main page is working again and it will be for all eternity now Thank goes out to dmkf, for without him it wouldnt be possible. LazyDDZ didnt even lend a hand so be sure to sneer at him if he shows up You may also notice a new "Site Updates" forum. This is so I can distinguish between site updates and RE news updates. Ill be replacing the topclass host image below the banner with a nice HTML style button which will show the last few site updates on it, just like the news page except it will be the thread title only. The thread titles will be clickable and take you to the topic.

This is just so that once I start actually updating the site a lot, theres a record of it and it wont screw people up who are subscribed to the News Forum for RE based updates only.

Update: Site News Added
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-10-2006, 06:15 PM.

Indeed you should replace the topclasshost image so they get pissed at us since they're giving us extra bandwidth/space for having it there. Not to mention it screws up the 800x600 version of the site (Not a big deal, but a lot of work went into making the whole site, at one point, work in all resolutions).
    Last edited by Ice[DDZ]; 05-11-2006, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Whats a topclasshost image? Oh I see, don't replace it if there hosting us.

Comment

Yeah Im getting that back up soon. Ill probably put it on the bottom somewhere. Also dont worry about it Ice, Im going to shorten the titles for threads in this forum anymore. If you were around Im sure you could come up with something better, But thats the best i can do. Im also planning on making it just show the month, and day for the updates on that part which will shorten it considerably.

It took a lot of hard work on me and andrews part to get this working though, so a little appreciation goes a lot longer than smug comments. You never said anything about those sexy quote boxes either . Thats two things now that you couldnt/werent willing to do that I got done without knowing jack about PHP/HTML/MySQL/Cookies etc.

SEXY!!
        Chris, nice avatar lol. When was that taken? Topclass is giving us extra bandwidth/space if we put a link to them on our main page. Thats why its back up now.

EDIT: Ok, Fixed the date thingy and I moved it over to the right more so it matches the menu's width from the scrollbar. It works fine in 800x600 now ;P
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-12-2006, 06:11 AM.

Comment

It was taken when I went to Germany on leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
            Yeah Im getting that back up soon. Ill probably put it on the bottom somewhere.
            It CANNOT be on the bottom of the page. It has to be near the top where people even with 800x600 resolution can see it without scrolling.

And as for appriciation for doing what you guys have been doing... I appriciate the news system, that's huge. But don't give me ANY kind of crap about the forum work. I did the god damn skin twice and you deleted it twice. Took time off to come down to visit you and get a bunch of work done and after all the time/money you hit the wrong button and deleted all the work.
            Last edited by Ice[DDZ]; 05-12-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X