The Kentucky Derby Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kentucky Derby Winner

Since I live just a few miles from the race track here in Louisville, I thought I'd go ahead and start up this thread to prepare for this weekends yearly flood of boozing celebrities and horses being put downI am glad they put a memorial statue for Barbaro (the 2007 winner of the Kentucky Derby who got put down a few weeks after), even though it was sad that another horse who was going to be running in the derby got trampled 2 nights later and was put down. Jeez, depressing. All sadness aside, who do you think will win the 2009 Kentucky Derby?
    Last edited by REmaster; 04-29-2009, 07:51 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

that sucks.

im not really into horse races but there was a place (i cant remember the name right now) that
    used to do race horses and dogs but they werent doing good in busness so they closed the place down not to long ago.

Comment

Yea a horse has died eithier in the derby or while training for it for like the past 3 years, it's starting to piss me off. I enjoy betting on a few races and drinking but that's about it lol. I contacted the Derby museum and apparently my grandpa left me the the oldest derby race programs ever lol. The oldest ones they have are from 192o's but I have a 1908 one and 1912 program. They said that they won't pay me for them, but they will gladly put them on display in the museum with a plaque with my name ingraved in it lol.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
        Yea a horse has died eithier in the derby or while training for it for like the past 3 years, it's starting to piss me off. I enjoy betting on a few races and drinking but that's about it lol. I contacted the Derby museum and apparently my grandpa left me the the oldest derby race programs ever lol. The oldest ones they have are from 192o's but I have a 1908 one and 1912 program. They said that they won't pay me for them, but they will gladly put them on display in the museum with a plaque with my name ingraved in it lol.
        muesums never pay 4 anything but they will always kindly take thing

Comment

hell yes they will. I always felt bad for Indiana Jones because he was almost getting killed all time getting artifacts for museums. Give the man some money or something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
            hell yes they will. I always felt bad for Indiana Jones because he was almost getting killed all time getting artifacts for museums. Give the man some money or something lol.
            i thought they did give him money?

Comment

I'm not sure, I thought he always did it just because he wanted them to be studied and put on display lol. I hope they did.

Comment

Museums will pay for certain artefacts, but only the expeptionally rare and special ones. They usually don't have much of a budget for such aquisitions and rely on patrons to donate the funds, or buy them and then donate or loan the item to a museum.

Comment

Like Indian Jones

Comment

lol Indiana Jones rocks.

Comment

Well the Derby is here, and with the track looking as muddy as it does, I feel that some poor horse is bound to have a tragic slip up today.

Comment

I've never watched a horse race before. is it more interesting than NASCAR?

Comment

Originally posted by Weskers Flag View Post
                          I've never watched a horse race before. is it more interesting than NASCAR?
                          anything is more interesting and entertaining than NASCAR.

Comment

"anything is more interesting and entertaining than NASCAR."

True, true.

Comment

Damn I lost money...once again lol. The horse that one, "Mind that born" is the second biggest winning horse in history, since no one thought it would win lol. The horse that everyone thought would win came in like 18th lol. I guess sometimes it's best to bet against the odds.

Comment

Working...
                              X