• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men Orgins: Wolverine

What did you think of it from 1-10?

Did you like the casting?

Opinions. Go.

i havnt seen it yet but i no its good cause Ryan Reynolds is in it.

Comment

You should see it asap. Deadpool and Gambit are sick. :]

The whole storyline was stellar. A must see.

Comment

I will watch it for sure but unfortunately it is not at the cinemas in the town I live so I have to wait a bit more
        Sevket's Game Collection
        PSN Gamercards

Comment

Isn't there already a topic about this?

Comment

Yeah I made one two months ago.

I've seen the film and I suggest everyone to see it, it's pretty entertaining.
            Last edited by aris13; 05-05-2009, 01:55 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

The film was good, I was just disappointed that they screwed up the story a little bit but that has to be expected I guess. I also got to see both post credit endings. I heard there was a third one it that true?

Comment

From what I know there are two post - credits scenes. One for Logan and one for Deadpool.
                sigpic

Comment

i liked this film it was great although the special effects were a bit lacking but apart from that it was great. shame ryan reynolds didnt get more screen time though

Comment

who did Ryan Reynolds play as?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      who did Ryan Reynolds play as?
                      He plays Deadpool
                      Sevket's Game Collection
                      PSN Gamercards

Comment

You guys are all easily entertained it seems... I didn't go in with high expectations and still the film was average, better than X3 overall, but still nothing amazing. Casting and acting was fine, but the movie never had a real event to it... The problem is, even though it tries to be original with his origin arc, everyone knows the main beats and so the movie just drags as it is required to reach certain events. The biggest event to the whole thing is when he gets the Adamantium claws, and thats halfway through the movie. I kept waiting for something major to take place, but it just never did.

The casting choices for the parents at the start was amazing, because the guy who "appeared" to be James' father looked like he could be Jackman's actual dad (as did the guy who was Victor's father look like he could be related to Schreiber)... except that then makes no sense, because he's not the characters actual dad and thus that was bad.

Their version of Deadpool is just Baraka with no teeth... and I don't get how he can keep the blades up his arms, as he wouldn't be able to bend them at the elbow with them there (seeing as Adamantium is unbreakable and doesn't bend), yet somehow manages to fight without them out all the time.

Additionally Stryker grabs like about 2 dozen mutant kids, and yet the abilities Deadpool ends up with are the only ones we see any major focus of during the movie from the older mutants with the exception of Cyclops... so not adding in some unexpected mutant powers to surprise everyone, especially during his final fight, was a massive missed opportunity.

Gambit isn't Cajun, even though he's mentioned as such. Additionally Wolverine tells Gambit he's going to kill everyone and then doesn't (and even then the one person he appears to doesn't die according to the shown extra), which would have been fine except their meeting before the final fight doesn't quite match what actually took place. The "twist" was one of the most obvious and cheap plot points ever, and he goes from not caring about the issue to making amends over it in no time.

Additionally the CGI was a real mixed bag. No less than 8 studios worked on them, plus some freelancers according to the credits, which means it goes from looking really good to really bad very quickly in a number of places. Considering the reshoot history and and the rush to get it out it doesn't surprise me.

It's done really well in the US (I think I read $87 million opening this morning), so it's a good chance the Magneto Origins story could happen.... but it sounds instead another Wolverine film might happen set in Japan instead. Either way, at least either film will be a little more creatively freed.

And finally, surprisingly, the game of the movie is exceptionally better than the movie itself... which I don't think I've ever seen before of a movie turned game.
                        Last edited by Rombie; 05-05-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          And finally, surprisingly, the game of the movie is exceptionally better than the movie itself... which I don't think I've ever seen before of a movie turned game.
                          From what I've heard, the game was in production long before it was decided that it will become a movie licensed game. That's why the game has different atmosphere (so brutal - that's the real Wolverine ) and is so good ;).
                          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 05-05-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                            From what I know there are two post - credits scenes. One for Logan and one for Deadpool.
                            Yea, there was a rumor of a third post credit scene but it also involved Deadpool and thought why would they have two. Eitherway I will find out later today.

Comment

damn i missed the extra endings grrrrr can some one tell me what happened in the extra endings becase i really dont want to have to see the whole film again for like 5 mins of scenes lol

Comment

Working...
                              X