Awesome Windows 98 computer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Windows 98 computer.

I need to build one to play all my old games (Hitman Codename 47, Thief 1 and 2). I'm sick of screwing around with Vista.

What's some of the best 98 compatible hardware out there?

I would just bulid your own or have someone do it for you. I still have my computer that has windows 2000 and use it to play my old games. My friend bulid it for me and I just gave him the money to buy the parts and put it together. Wish I could help you more but don't know a lot about computers.

Comment

vista sucks completely. thats what im on atm. i hate it, its a piece of shit.

Comment

Create a Virtual Machine and install Windows 98 on it.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
          vista sucks completely. thats what im on atm. i hate it, its a piece of shit.
          I've never had a problem with vista, everything runs in compatability mode except the old abandon ware DOS stuff..but if you install dosbox they work fine too.
          Last edited by Harry Mason; 05-05-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

idk i just hate this vista piece of shit

Comment

lol

Comment

like when i open up more than 2 windows i get a pop up that says internet explorer has stopped working and i have to pull up everything i had (usually youtube and THIA)

Comment

internet explorer
                  There's your problem.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

yha i just read that about 10 minutes ago.

Comment

can't you like emulate older versions of windows anyway ?

Comment

Off-topicness much?

I just want the names of some good, 98 compatible hardware. Are Pentium 4s compatible with 98?

Comment

sorry Helegad, btw you know whats a really fun computer game? Carmageddon that game was great!

Comment

Yes, I have all three Carmageddons. 1 was fun, but the graphics were too blocky. 2 was completely epic. I still love it. TDR was bullshit. Total bullshit.

Now, back on topic.

Comment

Well go above the maximum requierments of the games so they run smooth. Or try to buy older systems that we're high-end then.

The real problem here is gonna be drivers. I still have a Win98 computer and I didn't realize it needed drivers for using USB flash drives.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                              X