Homecoming (Censored) Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homecoming (Censored) Differences

I'm playing through the Australian 360 version now. When I get the chance, I'll put up some photos, but for now I've only noticed two things so far...

1.) There is no body where you find the Operating Theatre Key in the Nightmare Alchemilla scenario.
    2.) The scene in which Alex FAILS the QTE in regards to the Robbie doll is NOT censored, surprisingly.

Will update as I spot differences if anyone is interested. =)

Oh, I was interested in this.
    Do post more.
    I would think the scenes related to cut in half bodies and drills would would be censored.

Comment

I was thinking of getting this and i live in Australia so i want to know what's been censored out of my version, in case i have to import it or not.

So yes im very interested.

Comment

Does anyone know if the UK version is censored as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Does anyone know if the UK version is censored as well?
          shouldn't the UK and Australian versions be the same ? (pal) ?

Comment

Usually, yes, but occasionally they're a bit different.

Comment

Never paid that much attention to it when I played it. Could have been Censored or not.

I don't really care since I won't play it again. Probably will play Silent Hill to feed my SH cravings.

Comment

Australian version was heavily checked and was specifically re-edited to get around the fact there is no 18 level there. The UK version is uncut.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  2.) The scene in which Alex FAILS the QTE in regards to the Robbie doll is NOT censored, surprisingly.
                  Never did see that... what happens?

Comment

Alex loses his arm and starts screaming.

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna import from the US.

Comment

Didn't someone here try that only to end up having it caught at customs and sent back?

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                          Didn't someone here try that only to end up having it caught at customs and sent back?
                          Yup, that was me. And now I own a censored and uncensored copy, though I am returning my censored one for a refund.

Now, pics! (Apologies for quality) I have tried to see differences but it has been so long since I played the original.

Fairly certain there is meant to be a body here!

Similarly, there's meant to be SOMETHING on this guerney, right?

Was there meant to be a severed Schism here? Or am I imagining things?

I am fairly certain that a certain someone's body should have been here after the cutscene, or am I wrong?

Finally:

Here is the original uncensored drilling scene
                          A scene in Silent Hill: Homecoming that meant the game was banned in Australia. Definitely not that bad when you think about it, right?

And here are two videos of the same scene, but in the Australian version:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxwyGOie_k.
                          SPOILERS! This scene is one between Alex Shepherd, the game's protagonist and Margaret Holloway, one of the games antagonists. You can view the uncensored ve...

These vids do contain spoilers but, well, the quality isn't great so you might not recognise them anyway.

Comment

The certain someones body disappeared?
                            Do you have the cutscene when it happens? Is that censored?
                            Also, wow, lol, how lame.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Was there meant to be a severed Schism here? Or am I imagining things?
                              If my memory serves well, yes, but only in an alternative version of Alex's home.

Comment

Working...
                              X