Nubytech: Out of Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nubytech: Out of Business

It seems its unofficially official, Nubytech is done for. With the last employee now gone the company only exists as a name now. For the past few months I've been chatting with a former employee who has been letting me in on some of the inner workings of the company.

He's the one who let me know that the special limited run of black Biohazard 4 chainsaw controllers would not be making it to the retail market. He also happened to sell quite a lot of the companies assets for them, including many prototype controllers. I managed to pick up a few, which you can see below. I was sitting on this until he landed a new job and now that it has happened I feel safe in relaying this information.

A proper feature will spawn from this one day, I just thought it would be best to get it out asap.

Pictured above (from left to right)
    1. COA for the various controllers
    2. A Prototype PS2 controller which has tons of blood splattered and with a different texture from the final numbered 99,912/50,000
    3. A Prototype GCN controller which has some of its inernal guts missing (Numbered 2)
    4. A Very interesting Prototype for the PS2 controller which has the GCN versions outer shell, but the PS2's guts. Numbered 99,913/50,000
    5. One of only 14 Black Chainsaw prototypes to make it out of Japan. Only 14 of the official production models were made however almost all were scooped up by a private collector. I managed to get this one, which is even more unique in that it has "Resident Evil 4" on it. This one of two (possibly three) made like this, for internal use only.
    6. A very early GCN Prototype controller, with parts that fit together very roughly.
    7. A Prototype PS2 controller which is very much like the first one listed, numbered 99,912/50,000

*Apologies for the bedsheets...

this is sweet, looking forward to it ;)

Comment

The people on your list of contacts is impressive. You have got connections, I'll give you that. Good work, man!

Comment

Awww bad news. I feel bad now for not actually buying the controls, they made some nice things I must admit.

Comment

the chainsaw controller was a strange idea.. but damn.

Comment

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]strange indeed, but they do look cool[/FONT]
            Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Beautiful pieces of hardware..look great side by side. Can't wait for a feature. Exclusives, exclusives.

九米网(jiumi.net)国内互联网域名综合服务平台,涵盖了域名注册查询、到期域名抢注、域名买卖交易、域名续费管理等多项业务。九米致力于打造最好的域名交易平台,九米,让域名创造更多价值!

Look at some of the cool looking controllers these guys made. Are they really done for? I'm very suprised..I hadn't heard about this elsewhere..is it old news?
              If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they made the DOA4 stick for the Xbox 360 too, right?

Comment

Nice man, werent there a few of these on eBay a while back? Good to know they are in safe hands.

Comment

One of them I got was up on ebay, the rest were all sold to another private collector.

Comment

Pfff...the chainsaw controller never had much of a real use. It's just cool to see. Better waving around a real chainsaw

Comment

Working...
                      X