Resident Evil action figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil action figures

I searched the forums and while there are threads regarding the NECA line of action figures, there isn't one for Resident Evil action figures in general.This thread is for discussing the Resident Evil figures, on a large scale, from various companies including Moby Dick, Palisades, Toybiz, and NECA.

As a collector, I'm always looking for any type of Resident Evil figure I can get my hands on. I own the entire line of Toybiz action figures, and while I have most of the NECA and Palisades lines, I require several more to complete my collection. I do not, however, own the majority of the Moby Dick line of figures. Which leads me to a question. For those of you who own any of the Moby Dick figures or statues, where did you purchase them and for how much money? I've searched Ebay, I've looked on numerous websites, but cannot find the ones I'm missing. I currently have the Super Tyrant, Claire Redfield, Claire Redfield (Leather jacket version), Chris Redfield, Tyrant (Bio Hazard 2 version), and the two-packs of Jill Valentine (Regina version) vs. Brain Sucker, Carlos Oliveira vs. Nemesis (Type-1), and Chris Redfield vs. Tyrant. I have seen some of the Moby Dick figures on Ebay, including Rebecca Chambers, Nemesis Type-2, Ivy, and Tyrant (Bio Hazard 1 version), but unfortunately they became too expensive for me to afford. I've also found both the colored and monotone colored versions of the Moby Dick William Birkin G2 statue on Ebay, but once again they're at a price that I currently cannot afford. I own series one and series two, the Nemesis vinyl statue, and the Jill Valentine statue from the Palisades line. As for NECA, I own all of the figures excluding the bloody chainsaw Ganado variant, the green Regenerator variant, and the Leon in his R.P.D. uniform variant. I will collect the NECA variants and the remaining figures and statues from the Palisades line eventually, but at the moment, collecting the rest of the Moby Dick line is my priority.

So, tell us, do you collect any Resident Evil action figures? Do you keep your figures in their packages or do you open them and play with them/put them on display? Discuss!
    Last edited by The Fallen; 06-12-2006, 03:04 AM.

I don't have the money to be one of those "keep-them-locked-away-forever" kind of collectors, so everything I collect I play with, from games, to OSTs, to books, to figures... I can't keep them in the plastic since I'm more a tacile than a visual person when it comes to hobbies...

What good are toys if you're not gonna play with them every once and a while?

Comment

The best place to find the Moby ones is Yahoo Japan. They regularly sell there for lower than US prices.

I usually open mine unless doing so destroys the packaging.

Comment

I heard using steam to make the glue more pliable made it easier to open them...

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
          The best place to find the Moby ones is Yahoo Japan. They regularly sell there for lower than US prices.

I usually open mine unless doing so destroys the packaging.
          I tried looking on Yahoo! Japan for the Moby Dick figures, but it's in Japanese and I cannot read the content on the website, and therefore cannot purchase anything. I downloaded the translation patch that came up when I first viewed the site and restarted my computer afterwards, but it still isn't translated. How did you go about doing it, Dot?

I also noticed in the "My Xbox 360 story" thread you posted a picture that showed a stack of Moby Dick figurines and some NECA figures scattered around. From what I can tell opening them wouldn't ruin the packaging, but you keep your figures in their packages anyway? Quite frankly I don't blame you. I know figures like Rebecca Chambers from the Moby Dick line can be very expensive and hard to come by, and I know I'd think twice about opening them. I just wanted to know if you have certain conditions that need to be met if you want to keep them in your packaging. I know that's a somewhat odd question to ask, but as I said, I'm just curious.

One more thing. I found a Licker figure by Moby Dick on a website earlier for $39.99. I'd just like to know if it's worth the money, and how rare it is.
          Last edited by The Fallen; 06-13-2006, 03:16 AM.

Comment

You use a third party auction service for Yahoo Japan. This is used to not only get around the language barrier but also the fact that almost noone in Yahoo Japan will ship outside Japan. Be warned though, shipping fee's and fee's in general are huge and you will pay a hefty toll. My shipping for my last haul was 500$ for the shipping from Japan > Me. You also have to factor in a lot of other fee's so be warned.

I took the moby ones out and did some pics a while back, but I keep them in the case because most of my RE things are just in storage right now. I dont actively play with my figures, I just buy them mainly for pictures and such.

The NECA ones wont be opened yet, I need to get good picture from IceDDZ (since hes an almost pro photographer) for the site sealed first, then opened. Ill probably use an exacto knife to cut the backing off so itll at least be done nicely.

Licker, about 40 is good. I've seen em on YJ for 20 or so, but then you have to factor in fee's. Rebecca will easily cost you 180-300. She's the most rare figure in the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
              You use a third party auction service for Yahoo Japan. This is used to not only get around the language barrier but also the fact that almost noone in Yahoo Japan will ship outside Japan. Be warned though, shipping fee's and fee's in general are huge and you will pay a hefty toll. My shipping for my last haul was 500$ for the shipping from Japan > Me. You also have to factor in a lot of other fee's so be warned.

I took the moby ones out and did some pics a while back, but I keep them in the case because most of my RE things are just in storage right now. I dont actively play with my figures, I just buy them mainly for pictures and such.

The NECA ones wont be opened yet, I need to get good picture from IceDDZ (since hes an almost pro photographer) for the site sealed first, then opened. Ill probably use an exacto knife to cut the backing off so itll at least be done nicely.

Licker, about 40 is good. I've seen em on YJ for 20 or so, but then you have to factor in fee's. Rebecca will easily cost you 180-300. She's the most rare figure in the line.
              By "third party auction service" do you mean having someone else to purchase the items for you, and then ship it to you? Or do you mean something else entirely? And how would I go about finding a third-party auction service? Thanks in advance, Dot, you've been very helpful and informative.

By the way, where can I find the pictures you took of the Moby Dick line? I'd love to see them.
              Last edited by The Fallen; 06-13-2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm at least going to make an attempt to revive this topic, as it hasn't had any responses in several days.

Originally posted by Project Omega
                I don't have the money to be one of those "keep-them-locked-away-forever" kind of collectors, so everything I collect I play with, from games, to OSTs, to books, to figures... I can't keep them in the plastic since I'm more a tacile than a visual person when it comes to hobbies...

What good are toys if you're not gonna play with them every once and a while?
                I completely agree with you. I rarely ever keep my figures in their packaging, because while I do like to play with them on occasion, what I really enjoy is posing them and putting them on display. Waking up to a shelf full of action figures, statues and busts really puts a smile on my face.

I mainly collect Resident Evil figurines, but I also have a relatively large collection of Metal Gear Solid figures, as well as a few Alien and Predator figures and busts. I have the entire set of McFarlane Metal Gear Solid Series 1 figures (I intend on buying Series 2 eventually), and the entire set of Yamato Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance figures. What makes them so special is that they're the Gashapon (boxed) versions, and not the carded ones. The Gashapon figures are much rarer than the carded figures, mainly because they're imported from Japan and they've been out of print for quite a while. The rarest figure from the Gashapon Yamato line is definitely Solid Snake. I had to pay $50.00 for it. Mind you, I bought all of my figures last year when Ebay was swarming with them. At the moment, a Yamato Gashapon Solid Snake figure could go for up to $100.00 on Ebay, if you're lucky enough to find one. I'd also like to collect both the Crocodile Cap version and Zombie version of the Medicom 12" Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Big Boss figures, but seeing as they're so expensive it's very unlikely that I'll be purchasing them anytime soon.

Anyway, I apologize for going slightly off topic, but I'll get to what I was getting at in the first place. Do you collect any Resident Evil figures, Omega? Or, do you collect any figures at all?
                Last edited by The Fallen; 06-18-2006, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I bought a Claire Redfield (Code Veronica) figure from Forbidden Planet years ago. She came with a stand, all her weapons and a first aid spray. But her head had a roller on it, so it kept coming off. I never bothered to get the Nosferatu figure back then. I kind of wish I had the money to buy them all, but some of the older Resident Evil 2 models are pretty much 99p quality.

Comment

Alittle comic I threw together

Part 01 | Part 02

Comment

Awesome collection, I have a ot of Toybiz figures in the box, reason I don't open is because I got two sets of them all, one I opened and played with, other I keep closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega

Alittle comic I threw together

Part 01 | Part 02
                        LOL!! His expression at the end is priceless

But you cut your nemesis!

Comment

Needed to for research purposes...

Unfortunately I had to dissect my Nemesis' coat off to gain access to the back, since these are based off the models in the game, looking at them would be like looking at a 3D model of the game, but with a better degree of precision and realism

It's for a Nemesis article I'm trying to piece together

I'll get another one eventually, though, but for now, this is what I had to work with...
                          Last edited by Project Omega; 06-21-2006, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I NEW HERE BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS WEBSITE I HAVE SOME MANY RESIDENT EVIL TOYS FROM TOYBIZ FROM THE MOBY DICK AND NECA .
                            PROBERLY THE MOST EXPENSIVE I BOUGHT IS THE MOBY DICK ITS JILL VALENTINE (BIOHAZARD 3 VERSION) VS. DRAIN DEIMOS I BOUGHT IT FROM JAPAN FOR $170.00 AND I ALSO HAVE REBECCA , IVY ,LEON, CLAIRE , CLAIRE (LEATHER JACKET VERSION) CHRIS , TYRANT (BIHAZARD 2 VERSION) SUPER TYRANT , ALSO JILL VALENTINE (REGINA VERSION) VS. BRAIN SUCKER , JILL VALENTINE (S.T.A.R.S. VERSION) VS. HUNTER B, AN LAST BUT NOT LEAST CARLOS OLIVEIRA VS. NEMESIS (TYPE1) BUT THERE I ONLY OPEN THEN TO GET THE PIECE OF NEMESIS TYPE 3 I JUST NEED SOME SPIKES FROM THE BACK 4 MORE AN THATS IT I ALSO HAVE OPEN .LATER I WILL POST SOME PICTURES>

Comment

;_;

Comment

Working...
                              X