Your favorite decade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite decade?

My favorite is the 90's... I just love the music, movies, and style from it!

What is your favorite decade and why?

1980s.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 05-28-2009, 02:42 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

The 1960s-70s. I love the American history, especially the amazing, turbulent changes during the Vietnam and Nixon era.

Comment

Since I actually grew up in the 90's, I'm going to say for that.

However, on a more creative scale, I'm going with the 1930's. My grandmother used to tell me stories about what life was like. The Great Depression in the early years, the forming of the Nazi party (all this talk about Hitler lately...) which would later lead to a world war, some of the best novels ever written were published, Gone with the Wind was made, along with the classic horror movies.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
          Since I actually grew up in the 90's, I'm going to say for that.

However, on a more creative scale, I'm going with the 1930's. My grandmother used to tell me stories about what life was like. The Great Depression in the early years, the forming of the Nazi party (all this talk about Hitler lately...) which would later lead to a world war, some of the best novels ever written were published, Gone with the Wind was made, along with the classic horror movies.
          I love the 1930's also. I always dress vintage and love any movies set in that time. As you can see in my pictures my hair looks very 1930's ha. I loved the cars from back then and the stories about the mobsters as well as reading about the great depression... Reminds me alot of what type of economy were in now.

Comment

The 90's for me, because it brings back lots of memories.

But the 80's has always interested me, a lot of my favorite horror movies come from that decade.

Comment

90s for nostalgia
              1980s & 1960s for music
              1970s for horror films

Hey, I'm only 19, there's still a fuck-load to learn. There's this concept called history that seems intriguing. Art's the most important thing to me, but it's still trivial I suppose.

Comment

im a 90's guy (NIN,Marilyn Manson,Cannible Corpse Janes Addiction ect ect.) but i like alot of stuff from the 80's but over all im a 90's guy
                90'S FOR LIFE!

Comment

Oh, god... the 90s! Everything about the 90s makes me wibble, because I grew up in that decade, and fuck, I miss it. I miss waking up in the mornings and watching Kids WB!, looking forward to episodes of Pokemon and Animaniacs and all the other epic shows on that channel. I miss classic Nickelodeon shows, like Rocko and Ahh! Real Monsters and Doug and Legends of the Hidden Temple. I miss all the toys they had, like all those silly water guns and board games. I miss the candy, like Ring Pops and Warheads! I miss the "beginning" of the internet, where I knew nothing about anything, but was still so into finding websites about Pokemon! I miss the TV commercials and the music and everything else. I'm gonna cry now. Bawww.

Aside from the 90s, however, I definitely love the 60s and 70s. I feel like I would've fit in nicely with those generations. I particularly love the music from that era, but the movies and TV shows also make me smile, too. A lot of historic events happened back then, too, and it would've rocked to be a part of it all.

I want a time machine. Sigh.
                  Last edited by Bianca; 05-28-2009, 03:01 AM.

Comment

80's can't beat that electric synthesizer sound, SID tunes rule.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I can't believe no one's said the 50's yet!

Well i grew up in the 90's so i have no experience of before that really. But i can't pick just one decade, I love the 50's, 60's 70's 80's and 90's. There all my favorites. I like all decades actually except possibly now, 00's is the decade the failed. All is has to show for is Social Networking Sites really.

Comment

Those of us not born at the end of the 80s (but mid or early) will forever remain scarred by the 80s... but you can't help but love the 80s!

Comment

I grew up in the 90s, so I'm not sure if it's just nostaligia as to why I favour it. I really like music from the 90s and earlier. I can't think of a really great album this decade so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                            I can't think of a really great album this decade so far.

[With_Teeth] would like to speak to you
                            Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-28-2009, 05:56 AM.

Comment

90's, of course. I was born in '89 so the bulk of my childhood was in the 90's. Lots of cool shit going on.

Some highlights: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Eureka's Castle, David the Gnome, Legends of The Hidden Temple(pretty much anything on Nickelodeon), POGs, the New York Yankees dynasty, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3, Jurassic Park, Sega Genesis, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, playing baseball all the time, and of course -- the beginning of puberty. Man, what a decade.

Comment

Working...
                              X